First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you looking for trail recommendations?
I’ve got plenty of trails to explore in SoCal; I was just asking OP why 38’s are needed because they’re rarely needed so I figured he must be doing something cool and worth sharing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Badsquatchman

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What trails are you running that require 38’s?
The main reason I wanted to maximize my clearance was/is to drive on remote logging trails primarily in Maine as my family owns some property up there. These logging roads and skidder trails are some of the gnarljest rutted high centered I’ve ever seen. Think 20+“deep muddy ruts with small boulders in the center & Thick trees butted up on both sides. Very different terrain then I’ve seen out west. High clearance also is much better for deep snow.

OP
OP
Badsquatchman

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the OP is going more for look than functional for now.
I do like the look but like my additional clearance more for logging roads and skidder trails in the north east. Hunting and exploring remote areas is what I enjoy most.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Badsquatchman did you drive the Eibach 2.0 springs on stock tires before the tire upgrade? If yes how were they compared to stock Bilstein? And you just did the Eibach spring upgrade to the Bilstein, not the entire Eibach strut package?

I see those tires frequently here in the west and in Baja. A friend has the 35s on his Jeep.

OP
OP
Badsquatchman

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Badsquatchman did you drive the Eibach 2.0 springs on stock tires before the tire upgrade? If yes how were they compared to stock Bilstein? And you just did the Eibach spring upgrade to the Bilstein, not the entire Eibach strut package?

I see those tires frequently here in the west and in Baja. A friend has the 35s on his Jeep.
I did the sprigs upgrade only(running the stock Sas Bilstein) Didn’t get quite the advertised lift height-that’s why did the shim spacers up front and perch collars in rear. I did run the stock Sas tires for a few months after the lift. I do like the ride feel with the progressive spring after the 1” BB perch collar install & Rockjock tract bar relocate bracket. Feel is firm but not harsh + very stable. I think I may eventually look for a lighter wheel later.