Sponsored

Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. Ford/Motorcraft parts, accessories and dealer labor only.
Thanks. So a Ford Performance Tune would work, then ... but not, say, a set of Kings.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, same thing happened to me. I had 200 bucks worth and was going to use them for my Bronco. Bronco took over 2 years and they expired like a month or two before I got it. I called as well and they said there was nothing they could do.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the topic, but a slight highjacking:

can we use Ford points to pay for aftermarket upgrades/work, e.g. a lift, performance tune, etc?
Yes you can, see upthread, I purchased running boards + installing labor with mine. Anything Ford.

edit: not quite everything. Points good on Ford Accessories website, but not on Ford Performance.

Last edited:

Jossman

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150,2011 Mustang,2013 F150,2006 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use mine so as not to loose them to be applied to my SIRIUS Account. I service my Bronco + don't order parts from Ford unless they are the only option due to their prices. They almost force you to spend them at the Dealership[sorry gave the Dealer enough when I bought my Ford products even with X-Plan] that did not apply with my 2022 WT. Did save a little with earlier vehicles.

Image 1.jpeg

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went around to clean out my email spam box today and noticed that Ford had cleared out all of my 262k ford reward points on March 19th ($1,300 worth!! - I purchased the bronco after a 571 day wait from reservation till delivery on 3/19/22 - I never got to use a single point). I called their Ford rewards customer service number, and said I would even be willing to open a Ford credit card to get the points back, but to no avail. (Sorry I didn't check this Ford - but you spamblast like crazy, thus this email reminder went to spam - and I missed the only important email I've received in over a year). The entire point of the reward points was to use it toward a hard top if I made the switch to a soft top (I had the modular top on order back before March of 2021 - and switched to a softtop on their promise), and they are just now allowing a few bronco customers to order the hardtop. Since my vehicle was last serviced at a dealership over a year ago (3/15/23 for windshield warranty work), they said too bad - kick rocks - we're keeping that $1,300 from you. I can live with losing out on $100 or so, but $1,300, come on!! It's not like there was ever a use it or lose it clause mentioned when receiving the points - I figured i was slowly losing it to inflation anyways.... I'm so sorry Ford that I can change my own oil, air filters, and rotate my own tires...

I write this post to inform anyone who reads it that Ford will wipe those points from your account too if you don't do anything with them for over a year - amazing vehicle - terrible customer service.

They wiped mine out because they said the dealer didn't activate something in my Bronco... not even my fault. They wouldn't budge.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang man. That is brutal. I feel lucky to have caught that email about their expiration. Even though I caught it I was still pissed they expire.

Not cool that they’re not willing to do anything for ya

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks.

What does the ToS say about when to use them? I ask as I have no idea.
Points expire 365 days from last activity. Activity is either gaining or losing points. So, spend points, timer resets to 365 days, earn some, timer resets to 365 etc.

Never got any points from my Wife's F-150 because my phone wasn't new enough to run whatever version of Android Ford Pass requires. Only reason I got mine for the Bronco is I upgraded my phone just before buying the Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. Ford/Motorcraft parts, accessories and dealer labor only.
Sales Tax? When I buy accessories with points, I had to pay the tax out of pocket. But when I got my oil changed they could use points for the whole thing?

Different dealers, but ???

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They wiped mine out because they said the dealer didn't activate something in my Bronco... not even my fault. They wouldn't budge.
You, not the dealer, have to accept the terms and activate through the radio. If not done, no points. They are basically paying you to allow them to collect your data which now is being revealed that the info is being shared (probably sold) with Insurance Companies for instance. You have to accept the terms or forfeit the points.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh....
I've had 419,110 Fordpass reward points for 2 or 3 years, never used them.

The one time I asked the local dealer service about it for an oil changes and such,
the service writer just laughed.

I hope I don't lose them.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well crap, should've read the fine print... still a completely ridiculous policy!
It really is no different than having airline frequent flier miles…..with many airlines, if there is no account activity in 2 years the entire balance is forfeited. Sorry you missed the warning email.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh....
I've had 419,110 Fordpass reward points for 2 or 3 years, never used them.

The one time I asked the local dealer service about it for an oil changes and such,
the service writer just laughed.

I hope I don't lose them.
You need to download the Ford App as a means of tracking your points, along with other items it provides. I use my points for oil change/tire rotation services and as a backdrop, I have the Bronco VISA Card that I use as it is free of annual charges and accrues points when used.
Sponsored