Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will get another pic with tape measure but took this earlier.
IMG_9449.jpeg
Appreciate the picture. The ends look near the same as my capable. Obviously it gets a little thicker in the middle where the winch is located but that’s to be expected.

I have the Overland style so plates on the ends instead of tubes but think the profile is the same. Helps provide some warm fuzzies. Thank you.
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would love to see a side profile pic along with measurement showing how far it sticks out.
Looks to be 6.5” from lower grill/valance to front of fairlead and 7 5/8” to front of Factor 55 hook as viewed from above.
Ford Bronco Here We Go...Which Winch? IMG_9461

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Warn Evo 12s for my BAMF Overland bumper. Not sure if this has come up already… Make sure you can relocate the winch solenoid. It’s a tight fit and removal is almost required. Additional benefit of relocating is it will improve the airflow to the intercooler.​

IMG_6851.jpeg

OP
OP

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks to be 6.5” from lower grill/valance to front of fairlead and 7 5/8” to front of Factor 55 hook as viewed from above.
Ford Bronco Here We Go...Which Winch? IMG_6851
Perfect, thank you so much! Really helps put my mind at ease. That’s not bad at all.

I went with the Warn Evo 12s for my BAMF Overland bumper. Not sure if this has come up already… Make sure you can relocate the winch solenoid. It’s a tight fit and removal is almost required. Additional benefit of relocating is it will improve the airflow to the intercooler.​

Ford Bronco Here We Go...Which Winch? IMG_6851
Nice rig! 😎

I did go ahead and order BAMF’s relocation kit. It includes the bracket that gets installed by the battery and also extra heavy gauge wire. Was going to skip but Jerry encouraged it.

A few folks have advised the same. Glad I got it. Plus the 25% off applied to ALL items in the cart so saved a few cents there too.

I’ve been debating between a Factor 55 flat link or the Agency6 hoop fairlead. Any opinion or experience with both?

OP
OP

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got thinking about duty cycles. Couldn’t find any data about them on Warn’s site so I called. They told me they didn’t publish that data for the “hobbyist” winches (pretty much all vehicles, lol) but they did have it for their industrial winches. They reinforced to feel for heat and stop when it was getting warm.

I also called Superwinch because I hadn’t saw their tech data yet that they promised. And to also ask about their duty cycles. The tech there said under full load, run 15 seconds then let cool down for 5 minutes. His tone wasn’t convincing and he was super cautious about what he told me. I think that’s a trigger word/phrase with them. 😜.

Of all places, I saw a duty cycle printed in the Apex Badlands manual. They recommended 5% duty every 15 minutes.

15 mins x 60 seconds x 0.05 = 45 seconds run, with 14 minute 15 second rest under full load.

I read a thread about 2 rigs hooking their winches together and taking turns winching out. The stuck guy had an Apex Badlands and the recovery guy had a VR EVO. Supposedly the Badlands winch pooped out and the EVO had to finish the job.

Varying duty cycles would help explain that. Of course maybe other variables were at play. I need to find the thread again and confirm more details.

My brain started thinking maybe going to a 12,000# might be wise. Correct me if I’m wrong but my thoughts were if duty cycles for all brands were identical to the Badlands winch then jumping from a 10k to 12k would keep you under less load and theoretically allow you to run a little longer? Within reason of course! I’m not proposing to go balls deep until the f*cker bursts into flames, lol.

Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@nolimits
I liked the red finish of the Factor 55 better than the red on the Agency 6. 😉 I doubt you could go wrong with either.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did go ahead and order BAMF’s relocation kit. It includes the bracket that gets installed by the battery and also extra heavy gauge wire.
I got the same option from BAMF but i had to mount control box with cables down and i had to drill new holes (and installed Rivnuts)for my isolator relay to move it lower too. My hood had an insulation panel so clearance was less. I used the Aux 4 switch for winch relay connected to the unused lead just in front of relay spliced to aux 4 lead near hood hinge (Where they both exit unterminated)
Ford Bronco Here We Go...Which Winch? IMG_9429

JMacBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the the RC 12k and hidden winch mount. I added a wireless remote control and put the power through a relay controlled by an upfitter switch. Also use the freedom winch fairlead. Very happy with the set up as it’s clean and out of the way but there if I need it.
Ford Bronco Here We Go...Which Winch? IMG_7954
Sponsored