Jacking Off Road - Best Practices

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people swear by the off-road floor jacks. I bought a badlands to see the hype. Just wasn’t impressed honestly, sure it’s a great Jack and works in a variety of terrain. But it’s just sooo heavy and expensive and takes up so. Much. Room.

I got the power built bottle Jack, it’s safe, light, jacks up really high and has built in Jack stand as well. Used that, hi-lift and badlands off-road Jack. I prefer the power built bottle Jack now. It works on my lifted bronco just fine.

https://motleyind.com/products/3-ton-all-in-one-jackstand-bottle-jack?_pos=1&_sid=a2b833725&_ss=r
This is interesting. It checks off a lot of boxes for me.
Do you have any pics of how you mount/tote it around, or just kinda throw it in there, secure it, and roll on out?
I have some ideas here but depending on weight and base plate size/ height of the jack they might can be simplified a bit.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
What about air bladder jacks, especially for the guys that have the engine bay mounted compressors?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is interesting. It checks off a lot of boxes for me.
Do you have any pics of how you mount/tote it around, or just kinda throw it in there, secure it, and roll on out?
I have some ideas here but depending on weight and base plate size/ height of the jack they might can be simplified a bit.
I’ll sift through but essentially I leave it in the box. Doesn’t take up much room at all. I’m actually doing a road trip to Overland Expo in Flagstaff this week so I’ll snap some photos as I’ll be camping along the way. I love seeing custom ideas though! I do have a diabolical setup and have considered fabbing a mount…

Sponsored

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been thinking of storing a bottle jack where my factory one is now. Does anyone know what’s the largest harbor freight bottle jack that can fit in that space? And is it ok to store on its side?

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used the factory scissor jack last week to swap a tire that got punctured - passed a grater on the forest road and had to go over the rock pile he was leaving in the center of the rd. A couple of miles later, noticed a definite lean to the drivers side. Tire pressure display confirmed with 4lbs in that tire. Easy enough to swap out using the factory scissor jack and abundant forest tire chocks (rocks) once we pulled to a semi-level spot.

I'll admit - had to read the title a couple of times to figure out what I was seeing!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an OG Toyota screw bottle jack, it fits under the rear storage area along with wood blocks..

'
Ford Bronco Jacking Off Road - Best Practices 1715619341528-m4

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of people swear by the off-road floor jacks. I bought a badlands to see the hype. Just wasn’t impressed honestly, sure it’s a great Jack and works in a variety of terrain. But it’s just sooo heavy and expensive and takes up so. Much. Room.

I got the power built bottle Jack, it’s safe, light, jacks up really high and has built in Jack stand as well. Used that, hi-lift and badlands off-road Jack. I prefer the power built bottle Jack now. It works on my lifted bronco just fine.

https://motleyind.com/products/3-ton-all-in-one-jackstand-bottle-jack?_pos=1&_sid=a2b833725&_ss=r

This is my go-to also. A few of these makes tire rotations a breeze.

Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Every time is see a Jeep with a heavy, awkward goofy high lift jack mounted on their hood. I just laugh and think you’ve obviously never use that garbage before they’re terrible.