Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not constantly emitting a signal. It is simply responding to a request from the vehicle.

So, for example, if you have Intelligent Access (the feature that allows you to unlock the door when you touch the door handle), the vehicle will send out an authentication request to a nearby keyfob. If the keyfob responds appropriately, an authentication handshake will occur and the door will unlock.

The device they are using is basically relaying the request from the Bronco and amplifying it so the keyfob in the house picks up the signal. The keyfob then responds appropriately, and their device with its giant high-gain antenna picks it up, and it relays the response back to the Bronco so the Bronco thinks the keyfob is right next to the vehicle where it normally would be.

Same thing to start the Bronco, they're just relaying the keyfob signals so the Bronco thinks the key is literally in the vehicle. They start it up, reset FordPass/Sync, drive it away, program new keys, and ship the vehicle overseas to be sold. Boom...đź’°

This is exactly correct.

I'm not sure which trims / packages DON'T include Intelligent Access, but I think that it is included in all MID and higher packages, so, most Broncos DO have it.
Sponsored

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is exactly correct.

I'm not sure which trims / packages DON'T include Intelligent Access, but I think that it is included in all MID and higher packages, so, most Broncos DO have it.
I am considering ordering a Bronco this year or buying new and for this exact reason I want to get the Standard 321A package as the "Mid 322A" package includes "2 door intelligent access with lock/unlock". Not so intelligent in this case!

For the convenience of being able to just walk up to your Bronco and have it unlock instead of pressing a button, the price is that basically any Bronco with this "feature" can get ripped off. Theft of this variety requires less physical skill than a Slim-Jim did in the days of old.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Remember when you see the green dot that it's not that I value my stuff over a human life , it is the fact that you value my stuff over your life.
Perfect response lol was thinking right along those lines as I was reading up to this point, I swear by the F around and find out saying

OP
OP
Rwhite692

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am considering ordering a Bronco this year or buying new and for this exact reason I want to get the Standard 321A package as the "Mid 322A" package includes "2 door intelligent access with lock/unlock". Not so intelligent in this case!

For the convenience of being able to just walk up to your Bronco and have it unlock instead of pressing a button, the price is that basically any Bronco with this "feature" can get ripped off. Theft of this variety requires less physical skill than a Slim-Jim did in the days of old.
True, But the methods used by the thieves are equally effective on similar access systems from other auto manufacturers, as well.

It would be great if Ford gave us the ability to just turn the Intelligent Access feature on or off, via the touchscreen menus. That would mean that the vehicle-to-keyfob initial request would not be broadcast, and this vulnerability when parked, would no longer exist.

It could even be (gasp!) configurable with a time window, i.e., owner can set it to be disabled only during the overnight hours when they must park out on the street, etc...

Get on it, Ford!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope I just have to squeeze a trigger. Tough guy would go outside and beat the thief to death with his own arm.
I hope nobody reads this and believes it to be a legal response to the video we’ve just seen.

Yeah…it sucks having your Bronco stolen. But 10 years in prison can downright ruin your entire day.

I don’t care where you live and how cool you think the laws are…..shooting the man in this video would be illegal in all 50 states.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope nobody reads this and believes it to be a legal response to the video we’ve just seen.

Yeah…it sucks having your Bronco stolen. But 10 years in prison can downright ruin your entire day.

I don’t care where you live and how cool you think the laws are…..shooting the man in this video would be illegal in all 50 states.
Except Texas lol. Your vehicle is an extension of your house and they have a castle doctrine.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you for sharing, this is my video i shared on reddit. super shitty day

My condolences. Thank you for letting others know of this threat.

Wishing you an easy insurance claim and a painless process for replacement Bronco.

Also wishing the Thieves of your Bronco to be caught and a full prosecution brought to them.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So we should keep it in a Faraday pouch....?
I keep all of mine in a faraday bag. I like the SLNT the most. Tried a couple others. All worked but their's was the the one I preferred. I can walk right up to my vehicle and hit any button through the bag and nothing. I test them every couple months because they will eventually break down from use. I have this one https://slnt.com/collections/all/products/key-fob-guards but they have many styles.

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a vehicle. Covered by insurance. Screw Castle Doctrine, if someone is dumb enough to take my truck, they can have it. I’ll just get a new one!

Sponsored

DrunkevAviator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger, '02 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a vehicle. Covered by insurance. Screw Castle Doctrine, if someone is dumb enough to take my truck, they can have it. I’ll just get a new one!

Meh. I live in Canada, where we have the opposite of the Castle Doctrine. (If someone is inside your house and currently murdering you, shooting them still gets you jail time). But I say if someone is willing to take such a piece of shit out of the gene pool, good on them. Nothing of value will be lost.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lots of people on their Internet soap box saying how thieves can just run rampant "if they really want to"...what if your wife and kids are in the vehicle at the time of an attack? How about your dog? What if you are in the desert, 100 miles from the nearest service station, and you are taking a leak at a rest stop? They can still just "have it?" Anyways, I digress...

For those of us who don't pull out red carpet for low lifes, does anyone know how to disable Intelligent Access permanently? Other than taking the batteries out of the remote of course!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If they stealing my stuff they have already climbed a fence and hiked 1000 yards to the house. You may go offer them a hug but they're going to have a bad day here.

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My response is MOVE. But please don’t move to where I’m at, we are at full capacity. This is definitely not something I currently have to worry about in my daily life. But I’m smart enough to know that it’s just around the corner. And when it hits, I’m already planning for the next move.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just let the thieves have it, they say. I have insurance, they say.
You still have to pay the deductable, the insurance company payout isn't going to cover the ADM some of you knucks paid, and why in the hell are we cowed into believing that the best we can do is rent our valuables from the criminal community and they can call the lease any time they want?
If you want crime to stop, it's time the criminals shared in the risk, and not assume it all yourself.
And then Ontario-the rozzers are advising people to deliberatly leave their fobs where thieves can easily access them with the relay device and not risk annoying them. Should you leave them a gas card as well? Who knows who they would rob for gas money.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.