Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you are saying it should have white flairs and the spare delete? :cool:
1659113759827-gif.gif

Sorry, Steve, but you have been here long enough and knew it was coming.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, the tailgate... Love it!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the Heritage editions should have white fender flares.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. It can have a spare tire, but if they truly want it to look like the original, it should look like the original.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Funny story,

In 1980 my dad bought a 71 Bronco with a blown engine. We found a 69 Boss 302 that was totaled and salvaged the engine from it after we found the original Bronco 302 block was cracked. Needless to say, it was a little too peppy for an off-road vehicle, so my dad switched the cam and installed a Carter ThermoQuad to settle it down.

In 1982 while Elk hunting in central Idaho (he lived in NorCal) the engine died while we were about 25 mile back into the high country. Finding no spark, my dad took off the distributor cap and seen the rotor wasn’t turning so we pulled the distributor to find the gear pin had sheared. Rooting around in his toolbox he found a finishing nail and with diagonals cut it to length, instilled it, and with a little by ear tuning we were on our way.

My mom and dad went everywhere in that Bronco. They would get up on a Saturday morning and decide to have dinner in Salt Lake City and drive 700 miles for, well, dinner (they both retired early). They attended the 1986 World’s Fair in Canada, hunted Idaho every year, viewed the Tetons and Mr. Rushmore in that Bronco. He averaged about 40,000 miles a year in that 71 Bronco and did regular maintenance. He was a retired mechanic, so he did the head job (owned a valve grinder), installed a couple of clutches, U-Joints and did his own brake jobs, but the Bronco was really trouble free.

In 2004, when he decided to really retire and buy a new vehicle with a warranty, he sold it to a friend of mine who had just retired and was moving to Idaho. At the time of sale, it had 630,000 some-odd miles on it and was running strong after a complete engine rebuild and new synchro’s and bearings in the 3-speed tranny the year earlier.

In 2007, my friend came over for a barbeque and I told him the story of our 82-hunting trip and I wondered if that nail was still being used as the distributor gear pin. After a couple of beers, we decided to look so I took out the distributor and punched out the pin to find that yup, still there. Apparently, he had forgotten all about our little issue on that side hill in 82 and never thought to replace it. I replaced it with some drill rod that I had, timed it, and he was good to go. I then bought a small shadow box, mounted the pin, put a label on it and gave it to my dad on his 85th birthday.
Sponsored