Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes sense to me, but I deal with Ford warranty coverage on a daily basis.
You paid for an ESP to cover certain items after factory warranty.... this specific part (2B325 which is the basic part number for a wiring harness) was never covered by the ESP, whether it ended up having a defect or not. They didn't arbitrarily decide not to cover it, it was never covered.

Had it been a "manufacturing defect" with the stabilizer bar disconnect assembly (basic part number 5482) instead, then it would be covered by your ESP, because that part IS actually covered by your ESP.
Where does Ford publish a comprehensive list of all the parts not covered by ESP so someone can know ahead of time which parts will not be covered by Ford?

Asking for a friend...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where does Ford publish a comprehensive list of all the parts not covered by ESP so someone can know ahead of time which parts they'll get shafted on by Ford?

Asking for a friend...
No idea. That would be a good question for your salesman or whoever you purchased the ESP from.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea. That would be a good question for your salesman or whoever you purchased the ESP from.
Thanks for your helpful insight.

@StephensAutoCenter I'm sure Ford has provided dealers with such a list. Care to share with the group?

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The list of covered components in the pamphlet does not list all the basic part numbers. We have had at least two situations in the last couple of years where a new part number (basic) did not show as covered by ESP and NOT listed in the Warranty and Policy manual. This could be the case here and if so, may require the dealer to call ESP and have them add it to the system. A day or so later it will show coverage in OASIS. The lady we had contact info for either retired or got canned within the last year and don't know exactly what group she was in.

Just looked at your RO in the first post and it shows Zurich. Just ran the VIN and there's no Ford ESP so none of the normal coverage rules apply here. What Zurich plan do you have?

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm dealing with this issue right now. @Ford Motor Company my dealer is telling me this isn't covered by my ESP warranty that I bought.

So you manufacture a part that fails due to water intrusion (bad part) and then refuse to cover it? For a customer that's got 37K miles and an ESP???
You may want to start a new thread to really dive into the issues with ESP.

Also I did reach out to @Ford Motor Company and they have so far been helpful and standing my in case the dealer is not about to resolve.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want to start a new thread to really dive into the issues with ESP.

Also I did reach out to @Ford Motor Company and they have so far been helpful and standing my in case the dealer is not about to resolve.
Thank you! I'm waiting to hear from Ford on a couple of fronts to see if they are going to cover it or not. But I will make a new thread with the outcome to help any others in this situation.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back for the fourth time at the dealer. This time they replaced the CHCM module and the connector/pigtail (C445). No error so that's good. I will go out on Sunday and stress test it.

@pillar406 Where exactly is the CHCM and how did it get wet? They seem to have gone in from the inside driver side rear.

Ford Bronco My Sta-Bar Saga, Water Ingress? IMG_0427

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got back for the fourth time at the dealer. This time they replaced the CHCM module and the connector/pigtail (C445). No error so that's good. I will go out on Sunday and stress test it.

@pillar406 Where exactly is the CHCM and how did it get wet? They seem to have gone in from the inside driver side rear.

Ford Bronco My Sta-Bar Saga, Water Ingress? IMG_0427
So the CHCM is in the rear drivers side load space panel. So it's in the panel behind the drivers side rear seats. The only way it could have got wet is through a leak in the top or body panel.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the CHCM is in the rear drivers side load space panel. So it's in the panel behind the drivers side rear seats. The only way it could have got wet is through a leak in the top or body panel.
Maybe it's just condensation issues? Since the connector is inside maybe they didn't spec a waterproof one.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe it's just condensation issues? Since the connector is inside maybe they didn't spec a waterproof one.
Honestly not 100% sure what the issue is. It seems weird to me but I am glad that hopefully they finally found the issue

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly not 100% sure what the issue is. It seems weird to me but I am glad that hopefully they finally found the issue
Well, I'm not 100% convinced. Going off-roading on Sunday in the rain. That will tell me if they fixed it.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope it all works out and you have no more issues.
I'm trying to learn as much about the Sta-Bar system as I can. I'm going to need to be able to fix it when the warranty expires.