Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And back to the shop next Tuesday. Service Manager says then again have to pull codes. I'm nervous that codes at the module aren't going to show connector issues downstream.

He said they can then reach out to Ford. I said I have also reached out to @Ford Motor Company on the customer side. I'm trying every angle I have.

Seems strange that some owners have said their dealer just wholesale replaced all of the parts under the TSB. I'd like to see the work orders on those.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done a few of the repairs. Because with TSB or any warranty related job the tech has to find the exact conditions stated in the TSB or WSM. From what I read on your copy of the RO, they must not have found corrosion on the C1295A, C1295B, C1294A, and/or C1294B connectors. But it doesn't sound like they inspected the C1415 connector. They may have but I didn't see it stated on your paperwork. The problem may lie in the disconnect harness and body harness listed in the TSB. Sounds like all they did was added grease and updated the CHCM module.If you get a chance look at C1415

Screenshot_20240209_224652_Chrome.jpg
Any chance you can share this full image?

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

absolutely!
Awesome!

Unfortunately I'm concerned about the C447 plug but it's not specifically called out in the TSB. I hope I can convince them just to do a quick inspection.

Last edited:

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean it makes sense seeing as the C447 is the plug that leads to the back of the vehicle. That would connect the Sta-bar to the CHCM

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean it makes sense seeing as the C447 is the plug that leads to the back of the vehicle. That would connect the Sta-bar to the CHCM
That's also the plug that got wet when washing the rig and tripped one of the errors.

It seems like the Service Advisor could care less at what I say. I know "Customer States" is a running joke but after this many times on the same thing maybe it worth listening?

Interesting that they left C447 off the TSB. Maybe just an oversight?

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's also the plug that got wet when washing the rig and tripped one of the errors.

It seems like the Service Advisor could care less at what I say. I know "Customer States" is a running joke but after this many times on the same thing maybe it worth listening?

Interesting that they left C447 off the TSB. Maybe just an oversight?
Most likely when they were doing their engineering inspection they probably only found the issues at those connectors and never had to go back any further. When I put the body harness into the parts catalog I can't even find it. But the previous harness which was a -A part shows it just being in the front of the vehicle. So I'm not entirely sure what is really going on. The next logical step would be to get a field engineer out an have them inspect it.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely when they were doing their engineering inspection they probably only found the issues at those connectors and never had to go back any further. When I put the body harness into the parts catalog I can't even find it.
You mean this one?

MB3Z-2B325-J

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pulled the code with Forscan Viewer (iOS).

===CHCM DTC C103A:7A-8B===
Code: C103A - Pressure Sensor

My guess is the pressure sensor wire that is corroded.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pulled the code with Forscan Viewer (iOS).

===CHCM DTC C103A:7A-8B===
Code: C103A - Pressure Sensor

My guess is the pressure sensor wire that is corroded.
Something you are willing yo get your hands dirty on? Probably the only way it's going to get fixed...

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something you are willing yo get your hands dirty on? Probably the only way it's going to get fixed...
Not while it’s under warranty. But I’m watching and learning so when it does crap out after the warranty I might be able to fix it.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicle is back at the dealership, now for the 5th time. They say they need it for a few days and will apparently contact Ford about next steps. At least they provided a rental car.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello there! Are you still experiencing this concern? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.
As I was afraid @Ford Motor Company via email was useless and doesn't respond to my emails. Not that I had any hope they would.
Sponsored