Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The app oil life status was working, I think, but after 2 oil changes now, it’s at 0%. And that’s just the graphic/bar; right underneath it says 100%

The oil life status on the Bronco itself, in the dash/speedometer menu, is fine. I assume that’s because it physically gets manually reset after oil changes.
Anyone else experience this or know a solution?

Ford Bronco Oil Life Monitor in Ford App Not Updating 12750132-48ED-4DDF-A0B6-39727B36F233
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I too originally thought this was an error - it's just a VERY poorly-designed graphic.

Your "life" level is the black vertical bar on that scale. On your screen, it's right at 100%, which matches the text description.

Still poorly done on Ford's part. Almost as annoying as not being able to check oil life in the gauge cluster unless the vehicle is stopped.

FWIW, if the life monitor is reset on the vehicle, it should sync that data to your app.

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For reference, here's how mine looks at 74%. That black vertical bar is, in effect, the "needle" of the gauge.

Ford Bronco Oil Life Monitor in Ford App Not Updating 1670024335982

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a worthless thing in the app, suggests you get your oil changed every 10,000 miles when it’s suppose to be every 5,000.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just had my oil changed today and it has not updated yet on the ford app which is weird worked fine my first oil change

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine matches my screen in bronco. I reset the bronco after changing oil a couple weeks ago but the app has mirrored that since new

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just had my oil changed today and it has not updated yet on the ford app which is weird worked fine my first oil change
Check the oil life monitor in your Bronco, maybe they forgot to reset it after changing the oil. The app will just tell you whatever the truck displays

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the oil life monitor in your Bronco, maybe they forgot to reset it after changing the oil. The app will just tell you whatever the truck displays
I understand it now; the little black line simply moves down. I thought the dark blue graph with red/orange meant that it was depleted. Not good color choices.
Ford Bronco Oil Life Monitor in Ford App Not Updating AEFC0594-6446-4573-BDBB-F7DACF4EF0CC
Ford Bronco Oil Life Monitor in Ford App Not Updating C2D33BD0-9B26-4105-B5E0-273620EC4BA4

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The screen inside my bronco under settings says oil life is 100 percent app shows 52 percent

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Better sell it.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The screen inside my bronco under settings says oil life is 100 percent app shows 52 percent
Did that ever get fixed for you? My bronco also says 100% after I did an oil change yesterday but the app says 38% (took me a little long to get into the dealer) despite saying the "last updated" status in the app was after my oil change.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did that ever get fixed for you? My bronco also says 100% after I did an oil change yesterday but the app says 38% (took me a little long to get into the dealer) despite saying the "last updated" status in the app was after my oil change.
Yes it takes awhile to update on the app sometimes
Sponsored