Sponsored

Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean they just canned the Georgia production facility and then announced three new models. Where are they going to be producing these vehicles is the question? I know they were behind producing the Amazon vans so I can only imagine what this goes like.

Will be putting a deposit on the R3X but the scout is by far the EV I am the most excited for.
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean they just canned the Georgia production facility and then announced three new models. Where are they going to be producing these vehicles is the question? I know they were behind producing the Amazon vans so I can only imagine what this goes like.
Paused, not canned.

To enable R2 to be launched earlier and with a considerable reduction in the capital required for its launch, Rivian plans to start production of R2 in its existing Normal, Illinois manufacturing facility. Beyond significantly reducing the amount of capital needed to bring R2 to market, the company believes this approach considerably reduces risk to the launch and associated ramp; efficiently leverages its existing manufacturing and operations teams; and expands the total capacity for the site to 215,000 units per year. Rivian’s Georgia plant remains an extremely important part of its strategy to scale production of R2 and R3. The timing for resuming construction is expected to be later to focus its teams on the capital-efficient launch of R2 in Normal, Illinois.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1874178/000187417824000016/ex-991r2reveal.htm

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also wish they gave us some freaking buttons.
Preach. Are manufacturers that addicted to the cost savings to ruin our driving experience?

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These things really seem to be getting a lot of attention. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of people that seem to be excited about this one.
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but usually the things I like are somewhat unpopular to the masses lol.
I'd like to get an idea of some scale on these things.
Also wonder how it would do/look with a smaller wheel and lower suspension.
If I could make that thing handle as good as my GTI...I mean...SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Would absolutely take a Lada Niva!!!

Since we're throwing unobtanium out there ... how about the Mazda RX3-SP ... maybe a little bit the R3X's spiritual predecessor.

Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port 12407accaa537d17e5788cf94551510b

Sponsored

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe by the time the R3 gets produced things at Rivian will be more stable

Great that smaller, sportier EVs are on the horizon.....even though I would buy one, not sure this is what the "masses" want, since most folks drive something bigger, more powerful and less engaging than they really need (most have cars built for the 5% use case)

I for one am not convinced I want to go re-live the MK2 GTI shape. I love my MK8R :cool:

Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port Fun Fleet 1 (1)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks cool for sure, but I wouldn't call it a shocker. $45K is a lot of money for a small car.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Preach. Are manufacturers that addicted to the cost savings to ruin our driving experience?
Also why I give props to Kia for putting buttons back into the EV9 that weren’t in the EV6. It’s a great blend of keeping all that’s needed while not looking like button vomit.
Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port IMG_3427

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks cool for sure, but I wouldn't call it a shocker. $45K is a lot of money for a small car.
The R2 (mid-size SUV) is starting at 45k. Pricing for the smaller R3 hasn't been announced, but estimated at ~37k

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

R3 is so far away by then LFP battery production in the US will be plentiful and cheap (no nickel or child-labor needed cobalt). Battery replacements might only cost sub $5K (compared to $20K today) and higher flashpoint make fires less likely from thermal runaways.

A sub $30K R3 would make a great second car to a Bronco lol

I do hope we switch to sodium-ion batteries for hybrids and budget EVs - even cheaper than LFP, also no nickel or cobalt, wider operating temperature (hooray - you can drive in freezing temps!), and even higher flashpoint than LFP batteries so fires will be extremely rare.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rivian
The EU required the USB-C and curbed Apple's usage of the Lightning connector in the US

They're now threatening to require buttons for some actions. I wouldn't hate this regulatory scheme if it trickled down to the US by sheer homolgomation concerns.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks kind of like the last Saab 9-5 GM built before Saab went under. That being said, it is also not as ugly as a lot of EVs out there. A little retro. A little bland.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most Americans aren't necessarily anti-EV. We're anti $75k "luxury" EV.

New ICE vehicles can still be had in the $25k range which EV manufacturers have yet to be able to touch. Until then the appeal is very narrow.
You can get a Tesla for $38k. They aren’t a luxury car.

You can get a Chevy Bolt for $18k after the rebate. $25k before. So, there are EVs for you!

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And anti $60K "non-luxury" SUVs. Bronco sales collapsed 32% YoY because of the 2023 price increases IMO. Even though I love my Heritage... it's hard to justify the $50K+ price. Broncos are really sub-$45K SUVs and I suspect Ford will cut prices this summer.

Mach-E sales spiked last month due price cuts.

Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port IMG_3427

I had a R1S... it's not a $90K SUV. It's closer to a $65K SUV.
You can’t get one for $65k any more.

And, yes, even through they charge $90k, I agree it’s not a $90k car…similar to your bronco analysis.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can get a Tesla for $38k. They aren’t a luxury car.

You can get a Chevy Bolt for $18k after the rebate. $25k before. So, there are EVs for you!
I thought the Chevy Bolt was cancelled for 2024? Or do you mean find some new 2023 Bolt's still on the lots?
Sponsored