Sponsored

Rock Jock Antirock sway bar personal evaluation.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just installed the Rock Jock anti rock sway bar on my bronco and want to share my thoughts. The drive on the road definitely has more sway, but not enough to bother me. For sure have to watch your evasive maneuvers. 😂. The off road has an amazing difference. Much more flex. And a much smoother ride. I went and did Fins and things in Moab to get some comparison pictures for you. This is the exact same spot on the trail. I tried to position myself the same. And take the picture from the same angle The first photo is with factory sway. And the rest is with the anti rock sway. I know I could spend less on some manual disconnects. But I am too old and don’t want to climb under my rig every time to connect and disconnect. So overall I am giving this anti sway a big thumbs up. And was well worth the money for me.

IMG_6257.jpeg

IMG_6806.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6808.jpeg
Sponsored

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great and I've been very tempted by it.

Questions:
Did you install yourself? Looks straight-forward but any bumps along the way installing?

Do you need an alignment after installing?

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great and I've been very tempted by it.

Questions:
Did you install yourself? Looks straight-forward but any bumps along the way installing?

Do you need an alignment after installing?
You do not need an alignment.
It is super straightforward. It took my friend and I just over an hour to install. And my package didn’t come with instructions. I am not sure why, because when I watched other videos on it they had instructions.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do not need an alignment.
It is super straightforward. It took my friend and I just over an hour to install. And my package didn’t come with instructions. I am not sure why, because when I watched other videos on it they had instructions.
One video I watched mentioned taking out any pre-load from the driver's side by loosening the bolts on the link before bolting on to the LCA. Was that part straightforward? I read another guy on here who was hearing a "clunk" after installing the Antirocks, but found that he had not taken out the pre-load on install.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One video I watched mentioned taking out any pre-load from the driver's side by loosening the bolts on the link before bolting on to the LCA. Was that part straightforward? I read another guy on here who was hearing a "clunk" after installing the Antirocks, but found that he had not taken out the pre-load on install.
It seemed pretty straightforward to me. You mount the links to the sway bar first. Then mount them to the control arm. So it kinda took the preload out. I drove 3 hours to Moab and then 3 hours of driving on Fins and things. And I did not hear a sound from it. So I think I got it right 😂😂

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only way you could screw it up is if you go and torque one side in before you have the other side fitted up, and then have to jam/hammer the other side to get the bolt started. If you have both the LCA bolts fitted up before you tighten anything that is a lot easier getting it set up, and nothing will have any preload on it. You just have to roll your butt back and forth under the Bronco a couple of times.

(I say this because I’ve done it the wrong way)

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only way you could screw it up is if you go and torque one side in before you have the other side fitted up, and then have to jam/hammer the other side to get the bolt started. If you have both the LCA bolts fitted up before you tighten anything that is a lot easier getting it set up, and nothing will have any preload on it. You just have to roll your butt back and forth under the Bronco a couple of times.

(I say this because I’ve done it the wrong way)
Yes very good point. I had mine completely setup before I torqued anything down.

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This exactly what I was looking for in comparison. My dilemma is I would possibly need both as my 4 door came with rear sway bar. 1,800 is one heck of a set back.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This exactly what I was looking for in comparison. My dilemma is I would possibly need both as my 4 door came with rear sway bar. 1,800 is one heck of a set back.
You don’t need one for the rear. Just the front.

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You don’t need one for the rear. Just the front.
Why? Is rear gain minimal or should I just remove it as 21 and some 22’s don’t have one from factory?

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
23 WT here, no issues with the antirock for the front. On one of the trails I am extremely familiar with were 2 spots that I needed a bit more flex to not use lockers while crawling. The antirocks took care of it. Wish I had the means to measure the difference to do the before and after.

If I started over, I would do the same, as a matter of fact on my JLURD, I did replace the oem disconnect for the antirock shortly after. Jeep build is different and with much more flex so it reduced the flop in a big way.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if I can use the "default" end links with a suspension-lifted Bronco?

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know if I can use the "default" end links with a suspension-lifted Bronco?
I am not an expert on these but I believe you can adjust the links to fit your suspension height.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why? Is rear gain minimal or should I just remove it as 21 and some 22’s don’t have one from factory?
My bronco is a 23 black diamond and I just added the front and left the rear stock and it seems to be a perfect compromise between off road flex and on road performance

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs