Sponsored

tips to secure the soft top when it's in the folded back position?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have FINALLY been able to put the soft top back (it was 75 degrees today), but I notice that going over bumps and stuff on the trail, that the top bounced around when in the 'back' position.. I know it comes with the velcro straps, but I haven't figured out EXACTLY where to put them to help secure the top and prevent it from bouncing up and down as I'm going over bumps and stuff. any tips?
Ford Bronco tips to secure the soft top when it's in the folded back position? IMG_1106.JPG
Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s an official YouTube video from Ford on how to apply the straps. Probably easier for you to search for that than trying to explain on here.

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in looking at some videos, it looks like it's supposed to 'lock' into place when you fold it all the way back... mine doesn't.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
in looking at some videos, it looks like it's supposed to 'lock' into place when you fold it all the way back... mine doesn't.
You're right, it’s supposed to. Mine takes some finessing on both sides to finally latch into place. Frustrating for sure but better than all the slant back options from @Bestop_Team. I’d love to see them offer something that comes all the way down without this hassle!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only the bottom portion locks in when all the way back. You still need to use the velcro straps to keep the front most section secured to the rest of the top.

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only the bottom portion locks in when all the way back. You still need to use the velcro straps to keep the front most section secured to the rest of the top.
yeah, the bottom part won't latch in on either side... I wonder if it's because I've got the @IAG Performance soft top lift struts in there?

TobysBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco and 1970 Ford F100 4x4 Shorty
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone used anything besides the straps Ford provides? I purchased my Bronco in December and live in Alberta so I've only had 2 days nice enough to try out the top in the half back position since getting it. I watched the video above, but it's almost like the straps provided are too long to secure it the way he does in the video. To get the Velcro to catch I can still get 4 fingers in the strap. If I move it up further I can't get it tight enough to keep it from sliding down

I figured it was just there as a safety and just went with it, but even just city driving I found the top was bouncing around a lot. I used a bungee cord the second time but doing that there wasn't enough space to get the bungee through the arms on the top so I ended up just wrapping it around the outside. I think if I were to continue to do that though I'll eventually damage the seal which I don't want to do either

Guess I could just keep some tyraps and a pair of side cutters on board lol

I'm probably just doing it wrong I'll play with it some more it's supposed to be nice again next week, was just curious if anyone else said screw the straps and was using something else in their place

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out this video. Soft Top Straps
that only shows where to put the straps when it's in the first position folded back... I'm talking about when it's all the way back... I haven't found a way to keep the top from flopping around back there .. and the straps are too short to go around the entire assembly

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that only shows where to put the straps when it's in the first position folded back... I'm talking about when it's all the way back... I haven't found a way to keep the top from flopping around back there .. and the straps are too short to go around the entire assembly
It shows the lower section locking in place. I place the strap though a hole in the upper frame in the lower section. I haven't had it move it, next time I put it down I will take a picture. Next day or two it should be nice here in TN.

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, I think that's the problem, my lower section doesn't lock in place no matter how much I try to slam it in place or put my entire 200 lb body weight on it

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll probably need to take a trip to the dealer to have it adjusted. I'm able to get both sides latch to the bottom part of the frame.
That forward section has a spot that the straps get fed through, make sure not to pinch the weather stripping on the top.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, the bottom part won't latch in on either side... I wonder if it's because I've got the @IAG Performance soft top lift struts in there?
I installed IAG struts last year, same thing. Just takes readjusting some of the brackets for where the top latches.

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed IAG struts last year, same thing. Just takes readjusting some of the brackets for where the top latches.
any chance you can take some pics of the brackets that need adjusting?
Sponsored