Sponsored

Unpopular Opinion: B&O is Great (Go ahead and Roast Me)

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive owned a couple of Broncos before my current one with the mid package and basic sound system… it was pretty bland imo. I’m not an audiophile but I tend to think I have a good ear. I ordered the Lux package on my Badlands that arrived last month for really two reasons, adaptive cruise and the B&O system. I’ve read a lot of articles here and elsewhere and knew the wireless charger was a bust (which it is), the heating steering wheel is hit or miss (it’s been too hot to try but will know this winter), that the adaptive cruise is nice but that Ford didn’t include the latest tech (start/stop) (but I still love it) and that the B&O wasn’t that great (which was debated amongst the forums). I figured I’d add my two cents. I thoroughly enjoy it… the highs are crisp, the lows are just enough to “bump” a bit without being obnoxious and I don’t have any rattle (yet). I also tend to mess with the tones and fade a lot depending on what I’m listening to. I’ve read that some folks have reset their B&O and that it made a world of difference but if all of our systems sound the same I’m either deaf/have no real sense of sound, or there are issues with some of these systems. That being said, I’m sure we all have different opinions on high quality sound. I can just say for me, after owning the previous Broncos, I’m very happy I ordered the Lux and enjoy the B&O!
I AM an audiophile and I absolutely agree with you. For a stock system it is very good. It's not the best system but for factory is very good. I do wish it had more bump but my car has 2, 8" kickers in the doors and a 10" kicker in the trunk so I'm used to more bass. Again if you stack it against aftermarket it's not really a fair comparison. I have a '22.

Last edited:

BroncoRo

Badlands
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have a mid june 2023 built. not an audiophile but i do like love my B&O
for a non audiphile i do think its a great system. wether its worth the upgrade i dunno.. i wanted the largest screen and a good radio and lux was the way for me…
that said i have friends that have subs on other cars and hmm i want more bass lol

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2023 B&O sounds great
This is what happens when you have only listened to a small transistor radio your whole life. ;)

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm an audiophile and I'm happy with my B&O system.

I do agree. I think it's great, but not everything is great. It's not really loud and it's not great at big bass. Every system has a type of music it recreates best. The B&O won't do it all.

For the dissenters, one recording the B&O shines on:
Listen to Beach Boys remastered Surfs Up in a parking lot and feel the thrill of harmonized voices, stage presence and separation. Try this on your favored system and see how they compare.

Some day, we can list some audiophile quality test recordings to judge the system (s) on and agree - or not on what is great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Matthew2023

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, Area 51, SAS, Lux, & Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was prepared for my sound to suck when I took delivery earlier this month based on what I read and heard, but I was pleasantly surprisedit was not bad at all Thought not as good as some other vehicles I have owned and yesterday I was on the road all day I had turned up the volume for a few songs and it was just hollow. So, when the windows are up and "normal" volume, it is good, loud it is less than steller.

I am going to try what Saltwater Junkie said he did a couple pages ago aout turning off the sterio and moving the listening cursor.

Cliff B

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979Bronco Ranger XLT, 2017 4Runnner Limited 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mark me as one pleased with the B&O; not bad for what it is when adjusted properly for the style music being played.
Sponsored