William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today I listened to the band Sleep, song Jerusalem on my B&O system. Massive bass. It sounded awesome at 20 on the dial. I think the sound system delivers. Listen to that song and tell me it doesn't have tooth breaking bass.
Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s not terrible. But for the high end system, not impressive at all. Iā€™m not an audiophile, so I can definitely live with the system as is. But I can say the base level sound system in my X5 is far better.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the bass on my B&O sub is Ok, now that ive filled the box with poly and sound matted the entire side that its mounted to as well as inside the fenders and under all the rear area. it doesnt have "punch" but it doesn't sound mudded

however the highs are shit, IMO, and at louder vol. with the top off it needed a better speaker.

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. The B&O is a GIGANTIC pile of shit. My 11 yo literally said to me yesterday- ā€˜my hoverboard speakers sounds better than thisā€™.

20? you couldnā€™t turn up my B&O to 20 if you wanted to. The bass rattles and the fronts lose any suggestion of sound quality after 10. 14? It sounds like a screaming hot bucket of shit with reverberations coming from the sub cone and tinny resonance echoing off the windows.

Iā€™m at 3500 miles and it has gotten noticeably shittier in the last 1000 miles. Itā€™s like the trash foam and paper cones are dying already.

This thread is pretty much the only one Iā€™ve ever read that suggests this system sounds good. Ever.

Maybe you got the super special one. But for anyone reading this, make no mistake, this thing is a hot pile of shit. It actually gets WORSE over time. You should 100% budget to replace many of the components if you enjoy listening to music.

Let me make it as clear as I can- I love my Bronco. But:

The 2023 Ford Bronco B&O system is in fact one of the most disappointing automotive options I have ever owned in my life.

I wanted the Lux package for a variety of reasons, you probably do to, so just understand that if the sound system is one of those reasons be warned and consider accordingly. You will need to address it. Just reading the title of this thread pissed me off because it sucks so bad.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My wife thought the B&O was good, until I just did a simple speaker swap with Hertz audio. After she couldnā€™t believe how much the sound improved.
As far as bass, itā€™s not just about how loud it is, it should be about how clean, deep, and accurate it is.

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&O sound system sounds ok, but not as good as one would expect for the cost. The base sound in my 15 year old Audi Q7 sounds better. I will likely update the front speakers at some point, but this is not a priority for me now.

Overall, I wanted the Lux package mostly for the adaptive cruise control and the heated steering wheel. After living with the bronco for 5 months, I doubt I would order the lux package again.

I have adaptive cruise control in 2 other vehicles and very much enjoy it. The adaptive cruise control in the Bronco works great, but I just do not use it that much so far. In my use case, I typically choose a different vehicle for really long highway drives. This may change as the weather warms up.

The heated steering wheel is great on cold days with the remote start, and on cold days with the roof off. This feature alone is worth the cost of Lux over the High package in my opinion.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today I listened to the band Sleep, song Jerusalem on my B&O system. Massive bass. It sounded awesome at 20 on the dial. I think the sound system delivers. Listen to that song and tell me it doesn't have tooth breaking bass.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
clearly you know weed is legal lol
ford bronco stereos are terrible incl b&o for the money
i have replaced mine with alpine co axles deck and pods
alpine mini subs in kickers and single 10' sub tail gate box from mti
yes 5 channel amp and processor also
now with top and doors off i cannot hear traffic lol

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The B&O sound system sounds ok, but not as good as one would expect for the cost. The base sound in my 15 year old Audi Q7 sounds better. I will likely update the front speakers at some point, but this is not a priority for me now.

Overall, I wanted the Lux package mostly for the adaptive cruise control and the heated steering wheel. After living with the bronco for 5 months, I doubt I would order the lux package again.

I have adaptive cruise control in 2 other vehicles and very much enjoy it. The adaptive cruise control in the Bronco works great, but I just do not use it that much so far. In my use case, I typically choose a different vehicle for really long highway drives. This may change as the weather warms up.

The heated steering wheel is great on cold days with the remote start, and on cold days with the roof off. This feature alone is worth the cost of Lux over the High package in my opinion.
ā€œThe base sound in my 15 year old Audi Q7 sounds better.ā€
Nuf saidā€¦

100% agree on the heated wheel and seats- that was one of my main interests (I live at 7000ft and play at 10k+). If that were a standalone option I would have gone with that and the larger screen with a plan to install an actual sound system.

I would legitimately rate this system a 6/10 on the very best, most hrz range compatible songs, with a literal 2/10 on tracks that are hrz range noncompliant.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't speak for B&O in the Bronco, but I the B&O in my '22 Mustang GT Premium is garbage.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would rank it right up there with the Bose I had in my Colorado ZR2 as the worst "premium" OEM sound system I've heard.
Sponsored