redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont want to sound like a debbie downer, but I dont think the real hurdle with any of these swaps is the fitment in the body and the frame. Sure that takes work, but if thats all it was, it would have been done by now.

The problem is integration of the electronics, and assuming the OEM wont hand out solutions/files/cals (why would they) there's really only a handful of groups in the world that could get everything running happy, and they won't do it cheap.

Its really hard to just force a swap with something like a crate motor too, sure the motor will be happy to run on its own, but now your brakes and steering will be throwing a fit forever. Only way to run a crate motor is with some smart can box that can translate or spoof all the signals the vehicle needs to be happy.

I know Roush is one of those groups that can pull this off, but I havent heard back from them, they probably want to hear from established customers or businesses rather than a random enthusiast.

AGTengineering (Australia) thinks they can do it for $$$ but admit its unfeasible for a one-off

Ive sent messages to a few others to investigate but havent heard back. I've been looking into diesel swaps, but the problem is the same, getting the PCM to send and receive the right signals with all the OEM vehicle modules.

I posted this awhile back. Killa Kustoms (Austrailia) did a Coyote swap in a Ranger. In the video it says it took them 18 months to program. Everything works as it should though. 😁

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this awhile back. Killa Kustoms (Austrailia) did a Coyote swap in a Ranger. In the video it says it took them 18 months to program. Everything works as it should though. 😁

Thats very promising, just sent out an inquiry. I know its hard for the groups in Australia to justify a project that's entirely for a US based customer base, but its worth a shot. Its not exactly copy paste between Ranger and Bronco, but if they've done it for Ranger, they certainly could reverse engineer their solution again for Bronco more efficiently.

Also Australia has the 3.0 powerstroke and Toyota diesels so the possibility of expanding swaps outside the Coyote/LS is pretty decent with these folks.