Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 SAS Badlands / 1997 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both are included in the purchase :)
This rack looks great on your setup! You may not have had it long enough to vouch, but have you noticed any warping or sagging of the hardtop from the weight of this rack? The website does not give a weight specification. I ask because there is another popular rack out there with people reporting that the latch between the middle panel and clam shell is rubbing the top of the rear support. Supposedly the unsupported weight of the rack around the front clamp mount of the clam shell is causing the hardtop to flex and sag.
Sponsored

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@swimtexan still happy with the rack? Looking at the directions it seems like it would be relatively easy to take off if needed but was hoping to get your thoughts. Also did you put any miles on it before you installed your lights? Racks will add to the noise but was wondering if it was significant with this one. I like what I see with this rack and am seriously considering it when my brocno arrives in a few weeks. Also waiting to see if AR shows off there’s this month. Thanks

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@swimtexan still happy with the rack? Looking at the directions it seems like it would be relatively easy to take off if needed but was hoping to get your thoughts. Also did you put any miles on it before you installed your lights? Racks will add to the noise but was wondering if it was significant with this one. I like what I see with this rack and am seriously considering it when my brocno arrives in a few weeks. Also waiting to see if AR shows off there’s this month. Thanks
I'm very happy with the rack, both the front and the middle panels cane be removed very easily (it's not as tight as other racks).

The lights were installed from day 1 so I can't comment on the wind noise without them or with the solid windscreen installed. I'd imagine it would be less than what I hear now (which is minimal noise).

Sponsored

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it’s still working out for you!

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The main reason I ordered this one is due to the light attachment on the fairing. It's exceptional and made my light install incredibly easy and clean.
@swimtexan that looks great! I was looking at this rack at SEMA this week, and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it - I really like the continuous T-slot, along the sides.

One question, I see that you have the Rigid 360 4" lights (Qty7). I presently have these same lights (Qty8) mounted (on the Rigid mounting bar). If it's not too much trouble, do you have the interior cavity measurement of the light pod mounting area (from left to right?) I am trying to determine if I would be able to fit 8 across, or not. (Or maybe you already tried this, lol). Thank you!

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@swimtexan that looks great! I was looking at this rack at SEMA this week, and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it - I really like the continuous T-slot, along the sides.

One question, I see that you have the Rigid 360 4" lights (Qty7). I presently have these same lights (Qty8) mounted (on the Rigid mounting bar). If it's not too much trouble, do you have the interior cavity measurement of the light pod mounting area (from left to right?) I am trying to determine if I would be able to fit 8 across, or not. (Or maybe you already tried this, lol). Thank you!
Great, I'm glad you were able to see it in person. The build quality is good and it allows for you to still get the front and middle sections of a hardtop off.

As for the rigid lights, I have 8x 360 4" lights but wasn't able to get them all in to fit. If you look at my wiring picture you'll see why. You could drill your own holes or use their no-light cover to get them to work. But I liked the clean look of having them all on the pod mounting area and losing one wasn't a big deal to me.

Good luck!

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Roof Rack release when? 2671699312956_.pic

Westin Rack with the Ikamper BDV and Mission Solar 450W panel. Holds both beautifully with no flex in the hardtop panels.

grant318is

Badlands
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Westin Mesa Roof Rack release when? 2671699312956_.pic

Westin Rack with the Ikamper BDV and Mission Solar 450W panel. Holds both beautifully with no flex in the hardtop panels.

Can you post some more pics from the side zoomed out?
Sponsored