First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I got in my bronco tonight and I got 2 earnings that popped up. Service Charging System and 4x4 fault. Oddly enough I've only used my 4x4 one day(bout 1 minute) since picking the vehicle up 3 weeks ago from my dealer. This seems to be somewhat common but from what I've read there have been many different fixes. I figured I'd put a post on here just in case my issue is resolved differently. Letting it sit at a dealer for weeks isn't in my list of options so I'm not sure what we'll do there.
Sponsored

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the same 2 errors tonight, have had it for ~2 weeks and never used 4x4.

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the same 2 errors tonight, have had it for ~2 weeks and never used 4x4.
Well at least it seems to be widespread. And unfortunately it seems to be widespread. Their quality control is just terrible on this bronco.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got in my bronco tonight and I got 2 earnings that popped up. Service Charging System and 4x4 fault.
One cause of "check 4x4" error is low battery voltage. If you have Forscan, you can see what the voltage was at time of error. If this was the issue, charge battery fully and reset the error.

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One cause of "check 4x4" error is low battery voltage. If you have Forscan, you can see what the voltage was at time of error. If this was the issue, charge battery fully and reset the error.
It was showing 13.4 bolts when the error popped up. I'll look up how to reset those codes and see if it comes back. I have seen there could be loose connections here and there but the battery terminals looked tight. Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
update.

my dealer can't even look at this thing until the 24th. we're going to just continue to drive it like normal as we don't really have any other option.

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to pick mine up in a few mins, dealer determined root cause was a loose ground for the 4x4 electronics.

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going to pick mine up in a few mins, dealer determined root cause was a loose ground for the 4x4 electronics.
any word on where that ground is located? I've noticed the fasteners that hold all the interior together are literally finger tight so it wouldn't surprise me if these things are going to end up rattling apart some day

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are 2 ground locations on the sidewall for the ECU just in front of the washer fluid filler neck.

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 4x4 errors were apparently a result of changing tire size and disabling auto start stop in Forscan somehow? Pretty annoying but obviously they aren't as simple to to change as they were on my 2015 f150. So I'll have to order a new OBD2 adapter and learn how to properly make edits on the bronco. The dealer basically reflashed everything to stock and set my tire size on their end. They undid my auto start stop change.

Bosshog_tundra

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve notice I only get the charging system error when I remote start the bronco i haven’t used it in a month now and no codes thrown not sure what the connection is there
Sponsored