Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! 1000016629

There she goes off to the dealership! I know the techs are not going to be happy with me with my updated skid plates 😅. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround and I'm trying to get them to install the ProCal at the same time we will see what happens
Sponsored

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There she goes off to the dealership! I know the techs are not going to be happy with me with my updated skid plates 😅. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround and I'm trying to get them to install the ProCal at the same time we will see what happens
Remind me, was it a diff leak?

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Damn that's a good looking Bronco!

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Remind me, was it a diff leak?
Nope, had a leak before but they fixed that I remember correctly it was coming out of the input shaft on the tranny
Now this time it was the starter. Luckily happened in my driveway just before I was about to go to a run started once no problem turn it off tried to start again wouldn't happen so bang on the starter guy to run off on off on and then she was dead I'm like time for the dealer

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Damn that's a good looking Bronco!
Thank you very much and you ain't lying she was sitting in my driveway all weekend and every time I pulled up I'm like wow she looks good! I know I'm biased I don't care!
Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! 1000016551

Had to take off picture when I was standing on my front porch!

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much and you ain't lying she was sitting in my driveway all weekend and every time I pulled up I'm like wow she looks good! I know I'm biased I don't care!

I've always said; if you're not looking back at your ride, it ain't the right one!!!... lol

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've always said; if you're not looking back at your ride, it ain't the right one!!!... lol
Ain't that true about most things in life!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hell, I keep looking back at your photo!

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Went up on Friday night for a run at AOAA on Saturday. First 'real' run. I have done wharton forest (forest roads and mud pits) but no serious trails until Saturday.
4 hour drive in traffic was absolutly fine, I was very impressed. Road noise was not bad, a little hum from the tires but radio at 12 to 14 volume and was good (plus my hearing sucks, so that is saying something!!!) So have no problem driving distance with it, which I am glad, because doing this much to a vehicle can really screw up the road aspect of the drive.
AOAA on Saturday with 4 other broncos (Three on 37's with some suspension upgrades, 1 badlands stock tires and suspension (but he wheels HARD!!!!)) and a jeep. The group wanted to do at least blues and had me lead them. So I ran in 2wd drive until I came up on rock face about 20" tall that I had to climb. Put in 4 high and there you go like it was nothing. This thing is a beast!!!!!! I was crawling over everything, the ground clearence was insane. I don't think I rubbed once the whole day!!!! In lead, I just went and then would walk back to help spot or let the rest pick a good line to go over. The video you showed was later in the day and I was actually going a little to fast becuase it would just roll on through so It would bounce around, but nothing crazy, very controlled. I am very impressed with the Fox's. Both at low speed and at high. It is not as tight as my Braptor (oviously) but handles the road almost as good. Off road the Fox's work awesome. So over all SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!!!
Now, the down sides. (becuase there are always down sides!!)
The forty's take FOREVER to air down and up. I actually ran at 18 becuase I got tired of waiting for it to air down!!!! I use a four way that dumps out through 1/4" outlet so pretty free flowwing. I didn't time it, but will next time. 18 was not enough to have much compresson of the tire but it rode great. Next time I will go to 10 and see what happens(remember I have bead locks) I will see how low I can go at some point. Air up, I was BSing with some people so the ARB just kept running, my buddies said it took 10 plus minutes or more, will time next time(if I remember!!!)
She is a little wide!!!! The front you can wiggle through a tight gap in the trees but the rear will almost hook on them. One time I could not fit the rear tires through and had to go around. Another time, I had to repostioion becuase the tire 'hooked' on a tree.
The above 'cons' are minor things. My only real grip is I am still rubbing and it REALLY ANNOYS me!!!!! I have a 2" body lift from Mikelis(sp?) I hope that between the body lift and new wheel liners that it will no longer rub.

Oh BTW, every where I went every one was checking me out and gave high praise, which was pretty awesome!!! Also, one of the guys we wheeled with on Saturday apparently is not sending his two kids to collage becuase he has to get portals!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went up on Friday night for a run at AOAA on Saturday. First 'real' run. I have done wharton forest (forest roads and mud pits) but no serious trails until Saturday.
4 hour drive in traffic was absolutly fine, I was very impressed. Road noise was not bad, a little hum from the tires but radio at 12 to 14 volume and was good (plus my hearing sucks, so that is saying something!!!) So have no problem driving distance with it, which I am glad, because doing this much to a vehicle can really screw up the road aspect of the drive.
AOAA on Saturday with 4 other broncos (Three on 37's with some suspension upgrades, 1 badlands stock tires and suspension (but he wheels HARD!!!!)) and a jeep. The group wanted to do at least blues and had me lead them. So I ran in 2wd drive until I came up on rock face about 20" tall that I had to climb. Put in 4 high and there you go like it was nothing. This thing is a beast!!!!!! I was crawling over everything, the ground clearence was insane. I don't think I rubbed once the whole day!!!! In lead, I just went and then would walk back to help spot or let the rest pick a good line to go over. The video you showed was later in the day and I was actually going a little to fast becuase it would just roll on through so It would bounce around, but nothing crazy, very controlled. I am very impressed with the Fox's. Both at low speed and at high. It is not as tight as my Braptor (oviously) but handles the road almost as good. Off road the Fox's work awesome. So over all SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!!!
The forty's take FOREVER to air down and up. I actually ran at 18 becuase I got tired of waiting for it to air down!!!! I use a four way that dumps out through 1/4" outlet so pretty free flowwing. I didn't time it, but will next time. 18 was not enough to have much compresson of the tire but it rode great. Next time I will go to 10 and see what happens(remember I have bead locks) I will see how low I can go at some point. Air up, I was BSing with some people so the ARB just kept running, my buddies said it took 10 plus minutes or more, will time next time(if I remember!!!)
She is a little wide!!!! The front you can wiggle through a tight gap in the trees but the rear will almost hook on them. One time I could not fit the rear tires through and had to go around. Another time, I had to repostioion becuase the tire 'hooked' on a tree.
The above 'cons' are minor things. My only real grip is I am still rubbing and it REALLY ANNOYS me!!!!! I have a 2" body lift from Mikelis(sp?) I hope that between the body lift and new wheel liners that it will no longer rub.

Oh BTW, every where I went every one was checking me out and gave high praise, which was pretty awesome!!! Also, one of the guys we wheeled with on Saturday apparently is not sending his two kids to collage becuase he has to get portals!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hell yeah!!! Dang this makes me excited

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ya...welcome to the "big tire" club. You get to be the last guy still airing up after a trail ride! I don't question your buddy's financial choices at all...my son has graduated college w/an engineering degree, and he sells furniture now! In hindsight I shoulda spent that money on another set of portals too!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for the record, did my scheduled 3k maintenance on mine yesterday. No sign of water intrusion! (main thing I was concerned about because they were deeply submerged at SMORR!) Fluid looked fine, a reasonable amount of break in dust on the magnets, and catch cans were empty. Pretty confident in them now!
Sponsored