BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be entirely deflated. I would likely try to get into another bronco. Clean start.
Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If OP gets Ford to buy back his Bronco do you really think he wants another?

And if that were the case it would be super nice if the buyback instead worked as an exchange and that Ford would do the job of locating his exact replacement from the field. His as built from factory cannot be that unique that there is not one exact replica in inventory---unless it was a deleted color or trim. For example you would not find a zero mile Antimatter Blue
That would be the best scenario and I would hope ford do that. Talk to ford corporate. The OP was a reservation holder right. That’s gotta have some pull.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry to hear your issues. I've had plenty of my own and have been looking at vehicles that I think I would like, even went to a couple Ford dealers looking at F150s (yeah, I know, another gamble. But the 2k PCO they sent is tempting). Trade offers for my base 7mt with 5k miles were 30k and 32k. Carvana offered $34,600. Trading these in aren't what it used to be. Sucks cause I really like driving the Bronco. I just don't have faith in it long term.

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to hear about your trouble but you know what needs to be done. Even if they fix these issues, every time you hear an unnatural sound or feel an unusual vibration or see something under your car in a parking lot, you will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Tough way to live.
Agreed. There will always be a dimmer on the enjoyment. Dump it. Get another one. Fun awaits you!

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lemon law it. I don’t know about your state but in California it‘s a simple formula. They give you every dollar you have in the car back and charge you a small per mile fee for the actual use of it.

10 years ago I had to lemon law a BMW and it worked out just fine. Your bummer is that interest rates have gone up but you sure be able get a replacement under MSRP which will help offset the borrowing costs.

BarefootCrafters

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Generation Bronco, 6th Generation Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just for another route,
My wife had a brand new 2019 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 With 37 miles on it the night we brought it home it leaked the entire rear differential contents on our garage floor. To keep this comment short I’ll just say in the course of 9 months and 7500 miles, the rear differential was repaired twice, replaced 1 once and sent to the factory the final time.
We had a new child so we were a little limited on finical options. We contacted an attorney that arbitrated via NC lemon law and Ford had to pay his fees and we were offered another Explorer or a Expedition Limited for ford cost plus we were reimbursed for our trade in and paid back all our payments, interest and taxes for 10 months
We have put 50K on the Expedition and NEVER an issue yet.
Check your legal options. We never spent a cent out of our pockets

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP, unfortunately you got a turd. Been there. You'll never trust it and may even grow to hate it, and a problematic vehicle isn't worth the drama. Move on to another or something else.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi All,

I've had so much bad luck with the bronco. A while ago I posted about a rear main seal leak and them taking over two months to fix it. Well I took people's advice and brought it to a new dealership. The new dealership (or I guess the FSE[Field Service Engineer] that the legal team sent out to inspect it) decided a new long engine assembly would be a quick fix. I get the car back, and by the time I get home, there's oil visible on the bottom of the bell housing again. Not only that, but now I have an engine light on and blinking intermittently. So I take it back a 3rd time and the FSE says the oil pan may need a new gasket? Not exactly sure if he actually did anything, apparently they lifted it and ran it for 30 mins on rollers or something. Anyways get it back and everything seems fine for a few days. Now I am seeing more oil on bell housing, albeit less than before (no drip, just a stain of oil, but if I wipe it off, it'll come back after driving an hour or so) AND when I give it a good amount of gas i.e. merging onto interstate, the engine light occasionally blinks and I received a notification from Ford pass saying a misfire was detected and I need to take it in ASAP.

I'm at my wits end, I have 11K miles on the 2023 2.7L Bronco, I'm approved for a buyback already via lemon law, but I can't afford to recreate the car since they no longer offer the base/2.7/sasquatch combo. Right now, optimistically, I'm hoping the tiny oil seep is ignorable, and the new engine may just need a simple fix like a part wasn't installed perfectly. Pessimistically, I think they have tried 4 times to fix an oil leak and not only failed but have now given me engine issues and I need to get out of this vehicle before the lemon law buyback option expires. Interested what you all think?

IMG_8048.jpeg
I can’t speak to the oil leak problem, but I had a similar CEL code for engine misfire while on the highway a few months back. Unbeknownst to me, when filling the car up with gas, if you don’t stop pumping as soon as the nozzle clicks, and you try to top off the gas tank, it will mess up something in the fuel system that causes the misfire. Since then, I’ve been careful not to top off the gas tank and have not had the problem again.

Sponsored

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steve Miller said it best...

Go on, take the money and run.

Andyp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, Lemon Law it. Had a friend who had a F150 a couple years ago with unfixable problems like yours. Got all his money back and got a new truck with no problems since.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All,

I've had so much bad luck with the bronco. A while ago I posted about a rear main seal leak and them taking over two months to fix it. Well I took people's advice and brought it to a new dealership. The new dealership (or I guess the FSE[Field Service Engineer] that the legal team sent out to inspect it) decided a new long engine assembly would be a quick fix. I get the car back, and by the time I get home, there's oil visible on the bottom of the bell housing again. Not only that, but now I have an engine light on and blinking intermittently. So I take it back a 3rd time and the FSE says the oil pan may need a new gasket? Not exactly sure if he actually did anything, apparently they lifted it and ran it for 30 mins on rollers or something. Anyways get it back and everything seems fine for a few days. Now I am seeing more oil on bell housing, albeit less than before (no drip, just a stain of oil, but if I wipe it off, it'll come back after driving an hour or so) AND when I give it a good amount of gas i.e. merging onto interstate, the engine light occasionally blinks and I received a notification from Ford pass saying a misfire was detected and I need to take it in ASAP.

I'm at my wits end, I have 11K miles on the 2023 2.7L Bronco, I'm approved for a buyback already via lemon law, but I can't afford to recreate the car since they no longer offer the base/2.7/sasquatch combo. Right now, optimistically, I'm hoping the tiny oil seep is ignorable, and the new engine may just need a simple fix like a part wasn't installed perfectly. Pessimistically, I think they have tried 4 times to fix an oil leak and not only failed but have now given me engine issues and I need to get out of this vehicle before the lemon law buyback option expires. Interested what you all think?

IMG_8048.jpeg
How bad was the oil leak? Granted I would not want an oil leak on my brand new vehicle, but just thinking my old 4x4s all had leaks in various places and were no worse for wear in terms of operation. (For Series Land Rovers it's kind of a norm "marking territory".) Probably if my new Bronco had some very slight hint of oil leak, not sure I would have bothered with it.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, the dealer I used has $3000-3500 discounts off MSRP on about 1/2 dozen.

Still in the 55-57000 range, but they aren't Base but they are SAS. You could upgrade, or go used. Yours does have 11,000 on it. Find something like it???

In any case... I'd dump your current Bronco. Too many cooks in that kitchen tried to fix it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dump it and dump Ford.
Sponsored