Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseSquatch2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi All,

I've had so much bad luck with the bronco. A while ago I posted about a rear main seal leak and them taking over two months to fix it. Well I took people's advice and brought it to a new dealership. The new dealership (or I guess the FSE[Field Service Engineer] that the legal team sent out to inspect it) decided a new long engine assembly would be a quick fix. I get the car back, and by the time I get home, there's oil visible on the bottom of the bell housing again. Not only that, but now I have an engine light on and blinking intermittently. So I take it back a 3rd time and the FSE says the oil pan may need a new gasket? Not exactly sure if he actually did anything, apparently they lifted it and ran it for 30 mins on rollers or something. Anyways get it back and everything seems fine for a few days. Now I am seeing more oil on bell housing, albeit less than before (no drip, just a stain of oil, but if I wipe it off, it'll come back after driving an hour or so) AND when I give it a good amount of gas i.e. merging onto interstate, the engine light occasionally blinks and I received a notification from Ford pass saying a misfire was detected and I need to take it in ASAP.

I'm at my wits end, I have 11K miles on the 2023 2.7L Bronco, I'm approved for a buyback already via lemon law, but I can't afford to recreate the car since they no longer offer the base/2.7/sasquatch combo. Right now, optimistically, I'm hoping the tiny oil seep is ignorable, and the new engine may just need a simple fix like a part wasn't installed perfectly. Pessimistically, I think they have tried 4 times to fix an oil leak and not only failed but have now given me engine issues and I need to get out of this vehicle before the lemon law buyback option expires. Interested what you all think?

IMG_8048.jpeg
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would personally cut my losses if you have lost long term faith in the vehicle. The issue of replacing it with another Ford is a bad idea, you obviously have poor brand service and need to switch. Enjoy the financial debacle of inflation since it's a loss.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to hear about your trouble but you know what needs to be done. Even if they fix these issues, every time you hear an unnatural sound or feel an unusual vibration or see something under your car in a parking lot, you will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Tough way to live.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if you can’t get what you had, if you can get into a new Bronco that’s similar, without any money issues or problems, I’d jump on it.
The 23 b&p is still up, so a 4dr Base6Squatch landED at $49000.

I see the lowest 2024 trim model for a 2.7 will be a Black Diamond.
Just adding the v6 and Squatch puts it at $55,570 .....

That sucks ....

If I were at budgets end, holding on to it and hope they can work all the bugs out might make sense.
If not that, then I'd absolutely go with some other brand or at least a different type vehicle , like a truck.
Ranger/F150, etc

Last edited:

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally, in your case, I think a buyback is a no-brainer. I had a friend that was having issue after issue with a new Taycan. He was able to lemon it and get a buyback, plus some cash. Revisit another Bronco in the future when you gain more confidence.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 23 b&p is still up, so a 4dr Base6Squatch lands at $49000.

I see the lowest 2024 trim model for a 2.7 will be a Black Diamond.
Just adding the v6 and Squatch puts it at $55,570 .....

That sucks ....

If I were at budgets end, holding on to it and hope they can work all the bugs out might make sense.
If not that, then I'd absolutely go with some other brand or at least a different type vehicle , like a truck.
Ranger/F150, etc
The 23s are not orderable tight now. I’m currently ordering and only 24 are available

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I've had so much bad luck with the bronco. A while ago I posted about a rear main seal leak and them taking over two months to fix it. Well I took people's advice and brought it to a new dealership. The new dealership (or I guess the FSE[Field Service Engineer] that the legal team sent out to inspect it) decided a new long engine assembly would be a quick fix. I get the car back, and by the time I get home, there's oil visible on the bottom of the bell housing again. Not only that, but now I have an engine light on and blinking intermittently. So I take it back a 3rd time and the FSE says the oil pan may need a new gasket? Not exactly sure if he actually did anything, apparently they lifted it and ran it for 30 mins on rollers or something. Anyways get it back and everything seems fine for a few days. Now I am seeing more oil on bell housing, albeit less than before (no drip, just a stain of oil, but if I wipe it off, it'll come back after driving an hour or so) AND when I give it a good amount of gas i.e. merging onto interstate, the engine light occasionally blinks and I received a notification from Ford pass saying a misfire was detected and I need to take it in ASAP.

I'm at my wits end, I have 11K miles on the 2023 2.7L Bronco, I'm approved for a buyback already via lemon law, but I can't afford to recreate the car since they no longer offer the base/2.7/sasquatch combo. Right now, optimistically, I'm hoping the tiny oil seep is ignorable, and the new engine may just need a simple fix like a part wasn't installed perfectly. Pessimistically, I think they have tried 4 times to fix an oil leak and not only failed but have now given me engine issues and I need to get out of this vehicle before the lemon law buyback option expires. Interested what you all think?

Ford Bronco About ready to give up and lemon law my bronco IMG_8048
Get rid of it!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CEL after flooring it but with little or no loss of actual power points to crankshaft position sensor issue. Had that with a high (140k)mileage bimmer

Sponsored

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would absolutely get out of it one way or another, some cars are just messed up - this happens with every brand (though I am not defending Ford’s declining quality in any way). Either cut your losses with the buyback, or have it fixed and see what you can get for a trade in. At this point, we are also getting close to a mid-cycle refresh, so probably to sit it out a little while and wait for some of the lessons-learned to be implemented.

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Bale out while you can and turn the page. Best of luck to you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 23s are not orderable tight now. I’m currently ordering and only 24 are available
Well, yeah ... I was just curious as to the cheapest build OP can do NOW (24) and compared it to the cost of a Base then(23), since the Base in no longer available as well.

I guess I used the word lands (present tense) instead of landed (past tense), which kind of throws it off from my intent.
I'll go fix that.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My sympathies go out to you my friend! Your case is unfortunate and wished upon no one. I would agree with the others and encourage you to cut ties at this point. My build & price is now $7K above what I paid due to price increases. Perhaps one day down the road will provide a better opportunity should you not find a suitable build by then.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If OP gets Ford to buy back his Bronco do you really think he wants another?

And if that were the case it would be super nice if the buyback instead worked as an exchange and that Ford would do the job of locating his exact replacement from the field. His as built from factory cannot be that unique that there is not one exact replica in inventory---unless it was a deleted color or trim. For example you would not find a zero mile Antimatter Blue
Sponsored