First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can find a lightly used one in the low 50s, that’s the route I would go. That new one will lose $10k in the first year.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a $65K vehicle. You're trading a Jeep? Sure they're "giving" you 5K under MSRP but are probably lowballing your trade as well.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it a 2023?
To give some comparison for you, I ordered a 2024 OBX with everything on it minus Sasquatch. Dual tops, rear locker 4.27, lux, 2.7, storage bags, modular bumper with brush guard, tow package, etc… OTD $63k. Add another $2k for BFG KO’s and $1.5k for the stack of boxes in my garage for lights, Amazon bonanza, etc. I’m at $66.5k, for brand new custom order this model year.

If yours is 2023, they’re not discounting enough to compensate for BOTH depreciation and used status. I would shave a few grand off to $60k to include doc prep crap. Pay the taxes yourself. I think that’s a pretty fair deal all around. But this assumes fully loaded too with lux package and so on.

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Way too much money for a Bronco, IMO. $40-$50k makes sense… above that not so much when you look at the quality of what you are buying. For $65-$70k I would buy a new Lexus GX all day over the Bronco.
I agree it’s a lot of money. Do the doors and roof
It's not a $65K vehicle. You're trading a Jeep? Sure they're "giving" you 5K under MSRP but are probably lowballing your trade as well.
No, I’m not trading my jeep. You just have to own a jeep to get the conquest dollars back.

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it a 2023?
To give some comparison for you, I ordered a 2024 OBX with everything on it minus Sasquatch. Dual tops, rear locker 4.27, lux, 2.7, storage bags, modular bumper with brush guard, tow package, etc… OTD $63k. Add another $2k for BFG KO’s and $1.5k for the stack of boxes in my garage for lights, Amazon bonanza, etc. I’m at $66.5k, for brand new custom order this model year.

If yours is 2023, they’re not discounting enough to compensate for BOTH depreciation and used status. I would shave a few grand off to $60k to include doc prep crap. Pay the taxes yourself. I think that’s a pretty fair deal all around. But this assumes fully loaded too with lux package and so on.
This is a 2024 model. It is new because it was in the fctp program. Never been titled. 1254 miles. Although in my opinion it should be sold as used.

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then I think the only concern would be the first 1,000 miles. I would ask that they include the extended warranty coverage for that price. May not come down, but maybe get more for the price instead.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The heart wants what the heart wants. I get it. That’s why most of us drive a Bronco.

Too bad they are selling as new. If they sold it as used, you’d get the Ford CPO warranty. Which is actually a longer warranty than a new Ford comes with.

How about play that angle in your negotiations? Since it’s got 10K miles on it - see if you can get them to toss an extended warranty in with the deal. Tell them that if it were a used Bronco with those miles on it, you’d be getting the longer warranty included AND be paying less for it.

They are selling it as new so, seems only fair to at least give you the longer warranty of a used one.

Worth a shot.

EDIT: if they don’t - do not (repeat DO NOT) buy an extended warranty from them without first price comparing with Grainger. Almost certainly, Grainger will beat the price so there’s no sense letting the same guy stick ya twice.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a bad price for that build in a ‘24. It’s not a great deal, but it’s not a bad deal. Assuming it’s in otherwise new condition, work them a bit more for the 1200mi issue and as said above, get an extended warranty included; then if you’re happy with it do it.
Once you get it and start using it you’re gonna love it.

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then I think the only concern would be the first 1,000 miles. I would ask that they include the extended warranty coverage for that price. May not come down, but maybe get more for the price instead.
That’s right. I’ve been going back and forth with this dealership for a couple weeks now and have gotten them down as far as they will go. Sticker was right at 69k. Lowest I got quoted for a new on lot 23 model with identical spec was 63,500. This 24 would be $1000 more. Ford includes an extended warranty for any vehicle that was in the FCTP program.

this is a 24, 4 door badlands, 2.7, Sasquatch, Lux package, hard top. If you’ve been on auto trader recently shopping for this spec. Majority are 65+ with some priced Into the 70s

prices I got out the door were 70k, 68k, 66.5k, 65k and then this one at 64.5k

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Attention!
Attention, Bronco shoppers

Based on 2021/2022 prices of a base Bronco with or without sasquach, no one should ever purchase another Bronco again.

Because, evidently there is only one right answer for everyone and silly things like modern technology and creature comforts have no place here because someone said so and someone else repeated it.

If you're not driving your Bronco the way they want you to, clearly you should be buying a Prius.

:oops: :eek: o_O:rolleyes::unsure:

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In the minority here but it sounds like you've done your homework and this one fits what you want. It comes with the extended warranty so that saves you some money. I keep hearing folks say 60K is too much for any Bronco and I spent 90K so what do I know :). If I want to go extreme we just take the Jeep or UTV but the Bronco will go anywhere we normally want to go and the highway driving comfort is so much better than our Jeep. If it fits your budget then go for it.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First - I would say with even 10k on the odometer there is still 50k worth of original factory warranty on the drive train - with the option to extend out more if you wanted to either pay for it or negotiate it in as part of the sale.

Second, these are the same engines getting used in Rangers, Mustangs, and F150s - nothing new or unusual here with these power plants. And the break-in on these is pretty generous / lenient on the newer engines. I don’t think it’s nearly as critical as it was back in the carbureted days.

Now - as a loaner, yeah it probably got redlined and dukes of hazarded a few times. But these things are kind of built for it.

I won’t comment on the price - that’s a judgement call. Just speaking to the break in and such. If it’s a worry, get them to throw in an extended warranty.
I'd agree with the above. These engines aren't built with such tight tolerances that the first few hours are crucial, like would be the case on a purpose built racing engine. If that was the case you'd hear plenty from folks who bought year-old off-rental cars that probably were bounced off the rev limited the minute the first time they were rented. At least that's the case with one Hemi Charger I rented last year that had 48 miles on it when I picked it up! Get the oil changed immediately and every 5-6k afterward and it will be fine. You could also ask the dealer to "sweeten" the deal by throwing in the Ford Extended Warranty, bumper to bumper out to 100k. That way you're covered for the majority of your ownership, maybe more and if you decide to sell, it adds value and confidence to the next buyer as it's transferrable. Have fun and send pictures!

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep as much as I love my 2 door Base Sasquatch which I paid 40K for, I would not have paid anymore for it. 60- 70K is plain absurd for any Bronco.
I’m derailing for a moment but totally agree. Mine is a 4d 2.7 base Sasquatch with mod bumper and aux switches that was under $44k in ‘22. I just saw an $85k heritage limited at the dealer. IMO it’s fundamentally the exact same vehicle (engine, trans, diffs, lockers, transfer case, etc) with $40k creature comforts

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just know as soon as you drive it off you will lose around $15k in value. My 23 lost $15k instantly. Paid $60k for a loaded wild track 2 door (sticker was $66k) . Now KBB tells me I can sell it for $45k. I have lux, tow, hardtop, etc. dealers were contacting me offering me “up to $45k” after the KBB quote. So these have dropped dramatically. I have only 2k miles on mine yet the offers are $20k under sticker. Never seen a cars value drop this much in 40 years of buying cars. Good news for me is I have no desire to sell but if I did… ouch. So just be sure you want to keep this one for many years to come as you’ll lose huge money otherwise.
Sponsored