Allie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys!
I ordered a 2024 OBX non sas package. I have absolutely no intention of taking it off road, but I do love how the sas tires look. I’ve seen on a few forums people take the rims from the OBX and add them to different tires? I really wanted to do that. I did upgrade my axle to a 4.2. So, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a tire that looks a little bigger but still rides as nice as possible for everyday driving. I have no idea what this means but on one of the forums someone added 275/70/18 KO2 on the stock rims. It looks really nice and they looked bigger than the tires provided. I was also going to possibly lift it a tiny bit even if it wasn’t necessary. I definitely don’t want tires that are too big either. So yeah any tire recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know anything about tires either so please use elemental terms (haha)!

thanks so much!
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Call your dealer and add Sasquatch to your order. Problem solved.

OP
OP

Akiick218

Outer Banks
First Name
Allie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call your dealer and add Sasquatch to your order. Problem solved.
Don’t think it’s necessary to spend almost $7,000 on a package that’s supposed to be used for mainly off roading. But thanks for the response!

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t think it’s necessary to spend almost $7,000 on a package that’s supposed to be used for mainly off roading. But thanks for the response!

It's not exactly necessary to buy an offroader if you're not gonna offroad either..

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But, you plan on changing tires, likely rims too, and adding a lift. I venture that if you don’t know what 275/70/18 is, you’ll be paying someone to do all of this work for you. Don’t forget to get it realigned. Speedometer is going to be off. That’s going to need recalibrated- do you know how? SAS has all of that warranty backed. $7k for the option is a steal.

OP
OP

Akiick218

Outer Banks
First Name
Allie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But, you plan on changing tires, likely rims too, and adding a lift. I venture that if you don’t know what 275/70/18 is, you’ll be paying someone to do all of this work for you. Don’t forget to get it realigned. Speedometer is going to be off. That’s going to need recalibrated- do you know how? SAS has all of that warranty backed. $7k for the option is a steal.
I wasn’t going to change the rims and may not get it lifted but I have heard the sas is a great deal. It’s just a lot of $$$ to add one when I’m not going to use it for off roading. I figured the tires would be around $1500. Thank you for the input

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Goodyears are a very light. flexible tire, so they ride pretty well ... supposedly.

I haven't looked at 18" wheels , but for the 17's you can get a SL (standard load) rated tire in a 33 inch size ... 285/70-17.
That load rating is sufficient for the Bronco and should provide a pretty supple ride.
Mickey Thompson makes one, Firestone as well ... probably a few others.

So, if you're set on those nasty OBX wheels, look for SL rated 18" tires.

Many taller tires start jumping up to the heavier stiffer Load Range C , D and E ratings.

Anything with LT (light truck) title will be the heavier duty, stiffer tires.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree with you.

There's a lot of people here who paid 7 grand for bigger tires. Not something I could afford to do with 3 kids under 5. Plus what's the fun in following the herd?

There's a shit ton of threads on the topic but I'll summarize.

275/70R18 is a 33" tire and a size that essentially every AT manufacturer makes standard. This is the best bet if you don't feel like lifting and want to keep the stock wheels.

BFG, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, Falken, Nitto, Cooper all make nice AT tires for your Bronco. You'll get 100 different opinions on tires from 100 people. After taking the plunge on one brand you'll probably become fiercely loyal to it and use threads like these to justify your $1200 purchase.

I went with a 275/65R18 Toyo AT3 from the dealer to keep the same load rating and tire size as stock. The OEM tire look was always the problem to me, not so much the size.

Good luck with your search and congratulations on living in the best state in the country 😉

OP
OP

Akiick218

Outer Banks
First Name
Allie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree with you.

There's a lot of people here who paid 7 grand for bigger tires. Not something I could afford to do with 3 kids under 5. Plus what's the fun in following the herd?

There's a shit ton of threads on the topic but I'll summarize.

275/70R18 is a 33" tire and a size that essentially every AT manufacturer makes standard. This is the best bet if you don't feel like lifting and want to keep the stock wheels.

BFG, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, Falken, Nitto, Cooper all make nice AT tires for your Bronco. You'll get 100 different opinions on tires from 100 people. After taking the plunge on one brand you'll probably become fiercely loyal to it and use threads like these to justify your $1200 purchase.

I went with a 275/65R18 Toyo AT3 from the dealer to keep the same load rating and tire size as stock. The OEM tire look was always the problem to me, not so much the size.

Good luck with your search and congratulations on living in the best state in the country 😉
This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much :)

do you think Falken wildpeaks A/T3w. 275/70/17 is a good option ?

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am going to guess that the stock rims on that OBX are 7.5 width... That would limit your selection options.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t going to change the rims and may not get it lifted but I have heard the sas is a great deal. It’s just a lot of $$$ to add one when I’m not going to use it for off roading. I figured the tires would be around $1500. Thank you for the input
I have 35" tires on my standard suspension Base, so, no lift needed ... BUT ... at 35" it may be best to get wheels that push the tire out farther, as the SASQUATCH wheels do.
It is called offset.
Obx, base, .... all non-Squatch basically are +55mm offset.
Squatch is +30mm.
My Method wheels are +35 and they fit the 35 x 11.5's very well to the Bronco.

Ford Bronco All terrain beefy tire recommendations? 1699987261899

Ford Bronco All terrain beefy tire recommendations? 1699987016318

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much :)

do you think Falken wildpeaks A/T3w. 275/70/17 is a good option ?
A lot of people here run with the Falkens and like them. Your wheels are 18" BTW so it would be 275/70R18.

The only thing I'd question is the load rating. Some guys are totally fine running a heavier and stiffer E load tire. Others might complain it's like riding around on skateboard wheels. IMO it comes down to what you're used to.

If you're all in on the 33" I'd also look at the General Grabber ATx in SL load rating. Will save you weight which saves gas, and keep the ride softer.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Based on your intended use, I would suggest
-Cooper Discoverer AT3 is an all-terrain tire with great on-road manners. The disadvantage here is that it is an E load LT tire. That means it will ride a little rougher than the stock OBX tires as mentioned earlier.
-Falken Wildpeak AT3 that you mentioned is another great option. Well rounded, and a good performer in cold weather climates.
-Toyo AT3 is another great all-around tire and I have heard lots of great things on this forum about them. Likely my next tire, but I am looking for more off-road ability than you are.
You will definitely get a lot of feedback on tires, as everyone has their faves. I am basing my answer on the stated purpose of looks while retaining everyday driving performance/comfort.
You can also summon @Discount Tire who will shower you with wisdom on all things tire.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plenty of people use the Bronco for every day driving. Thats why I got the OBX. I was just asking a question about tires.
All im saying is that these plenty of people could of saved another 7k and got a subaru forester 🤷‍♀️

Cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, actually reliable, better customer care.. and not taking a bronco from someone who would use it for its designed/marketed purpose 🤭

In all seriousness though.. the SAS package really wouldn't be a bad way for you to get what you want... the whole 'retaining warranty' thing is HUGE imo.
Sponsored