Sponsored

Anyone considering other vehicles at this point?

KG203

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL with Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought I was in the perfect position to wait it out. Then my son's car died-9k to fix a car worth 5K. We could either pay way too much for a used car for him (he's 19) or give him my car. So, we walked into the dealership and bought what they had on the lot.... a 2022 Jeep Sahara Unlimited with 8 miles on it. After overthinking my Bronco build and obsessing over every option....lol it was quite a difference to just pick a car with almost no forethought. The plan is to trade it in when the Bronco arrives. But I'm really loving the Jeep so far. At least I'll be able to make a very informed decision when the Bronco arrives. And I know our dealer would love the chance to add a big ADM if we don't take delivery.
Sponsored

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I don't take delivery of the Bronco by Fall of 2022, the "matter of principal" tips the scale away from ever dealing with Found Off Road Dead... forever.
I'm with you on this. The ultimatum. If all early reservation folks could join in we might get somewhere. Why build new stuff like Raptors and dealer stock when we are all here waiting to give you our money right now. They say commodity restraint yada yada but are able to build all kinds of everything except mine.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I are going to a car show that will have all the new models in a few weeks. We will look over other options there. I personally really like the 2022 Grand Cherokee especially considering we could be pretty far off from the new 4Runners.

I also like F-150 and I know some of the dealers on the board have good deals on new orders but I refuse to reward Ford's incompetence with buying something else from them.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked my dealer several times in the past week to switch my order to the Everglades edition and have not heard back. At this point, my guess is this order has gone sour. Just not sure what avenue to take. Thinking maybe jump ship. Ford dealers are the biggest disappointment to me for the Ford Motor Company. Pre-order: 8/1/2020. Order: 3/18/2021. My22: 10/27/2021, and still no build date!

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I was in the perfect position to wait it out. Then my son's car died-9k to fix a car worth 5K. We could either pay way too much for a used car for him (he's 19) or give him my car. So, we walked into the dealership and bought what they had on the lot.... a 2022 Jeep Sahara Unlimited with 8 miles on it. After overthinking my Bronco build and obsessing over every option....lol it was quite a difference to just pick a car with almost no forethought. The plan is to trade it in when the Bronco arrives. But I'm really loving the Jeep so far. At least I'll be able to make a very informed decision when the Bronco arrives. And I know our dealer would love the chance to add a big ADM if we don't take delivery.
Same situation with me. My son is turning 16 in less than a month and he is getting my Jeep, since it's paid for. The plan was for me to be driving my bronco before now, so I bought an '18 4runner last week. I really like it, but plan to trade it or my wife's VW Atlas in on the bronco when/if it get's here.

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On 2/15/22, I ordered a 2-dr Rubicon to replace my non-existent 2-dr Badlands (7/31/20 reservation -- only 100K Broncos in front of me still). At the time, I was told it was taking 3-4 months from order to delivery for a Wrangler. I was assigned a VIN on 2/18. On 3/4, I was given a build date of 3/15. Today I was told all the parts are at the assembly plant and it's in pre-production.

I had posted in another thread that I had bought Ford stock years ago when they announced the return of the Bronco because I wanted to say: "Did I ever tell you about the time Ford bought me a Bronco?"

Now it's turned into the more interesting tale: "Did I ever tell you about the time Ford bought me a Jeep Wrangler?"

Ford squandered all the nostalgic enthusiasm I had for the Bronco and turned it into a sale for Jeep. Jeep didn't lift a finger...

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OOOh, I am out. Not going to pay even 1 cent ADM. Not going to wait a year. Not going to deal with the issues of roof, engine, and just a QC mess. I really don't need the off road ability of the Bronco. My optional list in no real order::: Ranger Raptor, Tremor, or FX4. Jeep Gladiator. GMC Bison. I would like something that gets 20+ highway. The Diesel in the Gladiator will do that and I'll just deal with the diesel issues. I can afford to maintain what I have till the end of time, totally modded JKUR and Ram diesel.

shogun418

Base
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Veloster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I'm going to test drive a few wranglers tomorrow. I have only had my order in for a few months. Dealership that I ordered from said I would have my two door base by spring. Looking pretty unlikely, considering the length most people are waiting, and constant push backs and delays. And I really do feel for the folks who have been waiting for months to years for their bronco. the constant wait and feeling the need to check on my order status every week and watching these posts every day to see if there's updates is just too much. I'd be just as happy with the roof off and doors off in a Jeep. Maybe in a few years once Ford figures some stuff out and the supply chain gets...idk stable lol? I'll consider it down the road.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m considering a 6.4 challenger as my new DD. Because I can

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm interested in the soon to be released Nissan Z (unless Nissan pulls a Ford with the release). Also want to checkout the Toyota GR86.

Not ruling out a Bronco at some point, but the scene around it has kind of become a turn-off.

Actually, I'm more excited about this nice rolling tool cabinet I just bought! Looking forward to a summer practicing the ancient art of "wren-ching", getting my current Jeep TJ and Land Rover Series III back to good health.

US-GeneralRollingToolBox.jpg
Agreed about the Z. That thing is beautiful, twin turbo 3.0 liter manual, for less than 40k? Kids be damned, Sign me up.

Sponsored

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking my 1994 Bronco XLT, 162k miles that I've already modified to my liking and is in excellent condition will fit the need I have for a Bronco in my life. Had Ford given me build date in a reasonable amount of time from my December 2020 reservation, I would have not second guessed adding to my fleet of vehicles.

As a side note, I'm trying to order a Camaro SS for my wife as an anniversary present, yet can't seem to find a Chevy dealer that wants to take my $50k and get me one. I've never had this much trouble trying to pay MSRP for a vehicle in my life. Neither my wife nor I need a new vehicle; we just want one. Strange times indeed.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my initial reservation in on 7/20/20, finally after 5 months of Ford dicking us around, I went and bought my first Chevy on 12/26/20 - a brand new Colorado ZR2 Bison, I had enough of Ford's shenanigans. But, I kept my reservation. In February '21, my dealer called me and asked if I wanted to keep the reservation - I said 'yes'. I'm still waiting.. But in the meantime, I've been thoroughly enjoying the Bison with it's front and rear lockers, great suspension, skidplates, 4 hi/lo, etc... but, when my Bronco comes, I'll be trading it in.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I dont have mine by the time the '23 Ranger is available I will take a hard look there. And maybe the '23 4Runner as well
Sponsored