Sponsored

Are you a Ford guy/gal or just a Bronco guy/gal?

Are you a Ford guy/gal?

• Total voters

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No brand loyalty, I buy and drive whatever appeals to me. I've owned most every domestic brand at some point, and a hand full of imports.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had BMW, Mercedes, chevys, Buicks and Fords, - but my favorite vehicle has to be my F150.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still a VW guy deep down. But, currently two Fords...so, I guess I am a Ford Guy? 🤷‍♂️

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just a car guy. I buy what looks fun at the time. The only real brand loyalty I have is to my Porsches.

ETA:Thinking back, the last Ford I purchased was a '97 Ranger new off the lot

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I buy what appeals to me and fills my needs, both my Ford purchases in the last 20 years have been emotional, and not because they were Fords.. I bought a 2005 S197 GT because Ford got the aesthetics just SO right on that car, and my wife wanted one. That same year, I bought myself a Dodge Ram Rumblebee, because the aesthetics appealed to me.

I bought the Bronco as a nostalgia purchase as well, but more because of it's design resemblance to the International Scout II.... I've owned about 5 Scouts over the years, and have fond memories of all of them, and if they were still being made, I would've bought that instead..

I traded in a Jeep on the Bronco, But I still have a bunch of Jeeps, I still have the Mustang, and I have two Chevy Trucks (But these were used vehicle purchases, they were the best deals for my needs)

There's nothing wrong with being a "Ford" person, But modern vehicles are generally pretty realiable from all the Big 3, So I'm not gonna lock into a brand :)

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like pretty much any car, but I am definitely a Ford girl. Grew up with mostly Fords in the family and my previous cars were an 84 Lincoln Mark VII, 88 Mark VII, 2003 Ranger, 1961 Ranchero (still have, project car) 2006 Explorer, 2014 Focus, and now 2022 Bronco. I always said I could never drive a non-Ford vehicle until my Ford crazy uncle was gone, he passed away in 2020 and I did drive a '99 Jeep Cherokee for a couple months after I sold the Focus to my nephew and before the Bronco finally arrived, so I guess I was right and I didn't have to hear him complain :ROFLMAO: Love the Cherokee, it's staying as my husband's daily.

88 FoxBody

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 fox body mustang w/ 347ci motor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still a VW guy deep down. But, currently two Fords...so, I guess I am a Ford Guy? 🤷‍♂️
You sound like my best friend growing up. He always had modified GTI’s. Now (grown ass adults) he has a fox body mustang and a lifted f150. He is in denial but I tell him all the time he is a ford guy.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me, vehicle brands are about as unique as different brands of canned peas.

But I live in a 2-traffic-light mountain town...the "big-3" service dealers are ~45 minutes away, while everyone else is in the 2+ hour range.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a Toyota guy who got bored with them and now drive a Jeep gladiator- which I’ve really enjoyed. I’ve always loved broncos and I’m trading the Jeep in for my badlands. The only other ford I tried to buy was 25+ years ago- a little ranger. The dealer tried to play games so I walked and never looked at ford again until the bronco.

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never understood that whole thing. Seems to be more Chevy Loyalists than Ford, in my circle.
I own a Dodge, Chevy, Fords, and Nissan.

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have most of your cars been Fords or did the Bronco draw you to buy a Ford?

Jason
I've been amazed at this process of getting this new truck.

75 years old and have never bought a US car, but always had a truck.

First car 1964 Volvo PV 544.
Last car Porsche Macan

Lots of BMW SAAB MB Subaru in between

Don't think I'd really have much to do with FORD if this Bronco didn't seem to be the very best truck ever (yes, I know they call it a SUV).

Waiting for a 2 door base with SAS.

Base, because I have 4 boys and I pass my trucks on down: The oldest is an XTERRA with nearly 300,000 miles. Got a HEMI 2 door RAM close on its heels. Just passed on my TACO with a bit over a 100,000, waiting for this BRONCO. The boy was about to pass out from the excitement of the wait for the TACO, so I just gave it to him and left me with almost nothing to drive. Want the simplest truck possible, with less to break or wear out.

SAS because I like to ride off in the woods every now and then. Seems to be about perfect for that and worth the SAS upcharge so I don't have to replace the wheels and tires and shocks like I usually do when I get a new truck.

As for FORD, I don't feel very comfortable with their corporate culture.

For example, I want a factory hitch. Can't get it with base. To get one, I've got to move up to some other style at a cost of $5,000.00. That other style has nothing I'd pay that kind of money for or even that I want for a truck.

I know its a gimmick to get us folks to pay more, but it seems heavy handed for FORD to use a factory trailer hitch option for an up sale. It seems like a basic thing a truck should have, not a "leather" steering wheel or a "12 inch" display, which has nothing to do with being a good truck.

Then, I find out that FORD seems to have omitted the wiring harness parts that let someone add the hitch after market.

Surely one has to wonder about a company that would go to the trouble to install a crippled wiring harness for something so basic as a tow package just to make someone up sell to a more expensive model.

Seems like a misdirection of resources:

FORD, just spend your time and money building a better truck and you will be successful.

Don't even get me started with why I can't have the V6 with a manual.

Don't want to sound so very negative, since it looks like someone has designed a truly memorable truck and I"m going to give it a try.

But I"m not happy and am even a bit skeptical about how this thing is going to work out.

I'm spoiled rotten, I suppose.

Regards,

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dad retired from ford and I'm over 2/3 of the way to retirement from ford, so it's kinda part of my DNA at this point. Although my first car I bought at 14 and fixed up was a MG Mgb, all fords after that.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started off as a brand loyal kinda guy. Guys I looked up to were big Ford guys with trucks, old mustangs, and really cool old stuff. One of my first jobs was at the local Chevy dealer, cleaning used cars. I still liked Fords, but a job was a job! Then one day my boss took in a 1982 Audi Coupe with the 5-Cyl, leather, Blaupunkt stereo... SOLD! He warned me it would be too expensive to keep up... He was right... But I didn't care! As I got older, I had a 1992 Explorer and a 2004 F150, and now a 2012 Yukon XL, with many many many brands in between.

As I got older and more independent, I buy what I like from whoever is making it! :)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Kid we had an old LTD, I had a 77 Tbird family hand me down, a couple of Tauruses, an early 90s explorer but other than that I’ve mostly had Japanese imports, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru.

I always liked early broncos and when they announced a removable top and doors with manual transmission, I was all in. I would not be here if the Bronco were fixed roof or I couldn’t get a manual.
Sponsored