Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I must be weird... I see these big ol tail pipes on everything and all I can think about is what a tail dragger... I would beat the living crap out of that thing.... Why?? the muffler is nice and tucked up...

OP
OP
BadsquatchNV

BadsquatchNV

Badlands
First Name
Cori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Rubicon Recon JK; 24 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be weird... I see these big ol tail pipes on everything and all I can think about is what a tail dragger... I would beat the living crap out of that thing.... Why?? the muffler is nice and tucked up...
For me, it’s for the winch. I am looking specifically since it’s needed with the APG rear winch.

Otherwise I’m considering the RC hidden winch, but then it’s front heavy and changes approach angle.

Not many options for the Bronco for a winch that also keeps the streamlined design.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For me, it’s for the winch. I am looking specifically since it’s needed with the APG rear winch.

Otherwise I’m considering the RC hidden winch, but then it’s front heavy and changes approach angle.

Not many options for the Bronco for a winch that also keeps the streamlined design.
My only comment was about the tail pipe, not the muffler. I understand about the winch. Makes perfect sense. The sound is actually pretty good.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Different option would be the Corsa with high clearance pipe, think AWE has the same. That'll clear out the rear muffler and replace the front with a free flowing option. Also could go with something like the outlaw kit that uses factory front and a high clearance rear and removes the back factory exhaust.

Sponsored

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who has the AWE/APG 0FG Side Exit Exhaust? How’s the sound in real life?

https://automotiveperformancegroup.com/product/awe-apg-0fg-side-exit-exhaust-for-ford-bronco-21/

Looks good with the APG hidden winch. Any difficulties?
Were an AWE dealer and having heard this exhaust in person, the sound on the clip/file is pretty spot on the in person sounds.

This exhaust with a rear mounted winch just looks like it is going to get smashed between the winch plate and the ground unless you run the bash guard and take the tip end portion off.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Borla Touring Climber catback can be easily modified to work with the APG rear winch. The last weld can be cut and re-clocked a little. It's tucked up really well, and I think it sounds nice and suttle. Since these pics I have rotated the tailpiece down a little. Sorry my pics suck.

Also the 4WheelParts spare tire bracket got my tire up and out of the way. At least with my 34's.

20231130_075812.jpg

20231202_123310.jpg

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had this exhaust for about 16 months now and love it. Video clip is accurate except I don't rev it like that when I'm not moving. I bought the black tip took it off soon after I installed it and now just running the bash guard which is tucked in way up there. So my recommendation is if you're gonna wheel it often don't bother getting a tip.

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you can hear the exhaust from in the cab a little better with a turndown pointed at the ground than with a tip pointed out back. I don't need the clearance for mall crawling but I like the inconspicuous look.

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first full day with my Bronco I put the AWE 0FG on. So it's been on my 2.7 for 2 full years as of today. I love it. It's reserved as I drive out or into my neighborhood when folks are asleep. Deep and loud when I get on it. I have the version with the bashguard, no visible exhaust pipe. I don't see a reason for an exhaust pipe that hangs below the bumper on a vehicle I take offroad.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the AWE exhaust and I hated it. It sounds terrible and drones like crazy at 1800 and 3600 rpm. I had it on for about 10k miles. I just swapped it out for a Mangaflow Overland which sounds 1000x better. I would not buy another AWE product.
Sponsored