Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The offrodeo is a complete joke for those of us that have been hard-core wheelers for 40 yrs.
They are ment for the newbie bronco owner that just graduated from the Subaru...

Statements like this remind me of the goofy logger showed up for his first day on the job and we asked him if he had any experience and he said "yeah I learned how to to cut a tree down by watching a YouTube video"

If you've never been Wheeling before then maybe the off Rodeo would be a good first time event , but for someone like snacktime he would probably be teaching those "leaders" at the rodeo, a few tips himself.
Cool then stop breaking shit by spinning thrashing or otherwise not following sound advice.

My post was a joke but the number of people who have responded with some version of "It's my right to wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." Is pathetic.

Snacks doesn't need you guys to defend him. I know who he is and I know he is essentially trying to break shit. I'm glad he has that kind of time/money.

Regardless of him or Bronc Buster the average poster just thinks they're cool and doesn't likely understand that they are driving with no concern for preservation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@ATLBronco75 ouch if was doing this for likes I would have hosted the video on my Instagram. I will make sure to send you a box of chocolate fudge for Xmas.

Fyi watch your step at the Moab Off Rodeo
PXL_20231122_141908708.jpg

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool then stop breaking shit by spinning thrashing or otherwise not following sound advice.

My post was a joke but the number of people who have responded with some version of "It's my right to wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." Is pathetic.

Snacks doesn't need you guys to defend him. I know who he is and I know he is essentially trying to break shit. I'm glad he has that kind of time/money.

Regardless of him or Bronc Buster the average poster just thinks they're cool and doesn't likely understand that they are driving with no concern for preservation.
I guess you're not familiar with where Snacktime is wheeling? A lot of them are trails that are body damage possible/likely. That's California and Utah rock crawling. You break stuff, you wear stuff out, you use it. I don't think he's doing buggy stunts, or trying to be an influencer for that matter. That's just how he rolls and don't know why it should offend you.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify, you're running the stock non-SAS OEM M190 axles with 37" tires while rock crawling? Of course they'll break. Those M190 axles are designed for 32" tires, maybe 33", right? And the M210 Sasquatch axle upgrade is made for 35" tires? So you must have been hoping for axle failure on 37's so you can buy the upgraded axles? Tell us more!
❤👆🏻

Considering the Badlands comes with the M210 for its 33s, I'd say the M190 shouldn't even be used for anything larger than 32s. Surely, if Ford thought the M190 was up to snuff for 33s, the bean counters would have made them standard on Badlands to save money.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

❤👆🏻

Considering the Badlands comes with the M210 for its 33s, I'd say the M190 shouldn't even be used for anything larger than 32s. Surely, if Ford thought the M190 was up to snuff for 33s, the bean counters would have made them standard on Badlands to save money.
I think that users on this site have found that one level of redundancy is generally built into the drivetrain design, so that a car with 32's can run 33's, and a car with 33's can run 35's, and a Sasquatch might run 37's with some fitment modifications. However, rock crawling seems to be the Rubicon, as it were,the crucible that proves the point. I bought the 4.27 axle on my OBX so I could run 33's. And, if like the OP, you break your M190 axles with 37's, thats why they sell aftermarket M210's . . . Some of the posters here have the facility and knowledge to do their own upgrades. I don't, so an upgrade costsme real money. There are alot of owners with non-SAS Broncos who've put on 35's because they "fit" who may eventually have failures. When we read the stories here, I like it when people fully disclose what they did and didn't do for upgrades, so we can all learn what the limits truly are.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

WOW!
Lets break this down.... "My post was a joke but the number of people who have responded with some version of "It's my right to wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." Is pathetic."
how this reads is "I was joking" "but I was not joking"..... I think your description of pathetic is aptly correct with an incorrect target. But for the part "wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." This is where you truly do not grasp what is going on..... I have seen videos and you tube of crap like that and have made derogatory comments....

But you do not seem to be able to identify the difference between that and this.... This is NOT wanton destruction. IF you had ever been part of the "community" you would understand that. and when you shit on the values of the community they will shit on you..... as a group.

No one is defending Snack.... People are defending the values of the community.... Valuable doors of education and assistance are closing right now, right in your face.

And where do you live???? ATLANA GEORGIA???? What do you know of conservation in our area.... I bet these guys do more for conservation than you have in your life. "not following sound advice" Let me give you some sound advice..... sit at the kids table.... don't speak. shut up and listen when these guys are having a conversation. You will, with time, learn their banter.... You will also learn a lot. A lot that it is obvious you do not know. Not only about the Bronco... but about the 4 wheel drive community in the west.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW!
Lets break this down.... "My post was a joke but the number of people who have responded with some version of "It's my right to wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." Is pathetic."
how this reads is "I was joking" "but I was not joking"..... I think your description of pathetic is aptly correct with an incorrect target. But for the part "wantonly destroy my Bronco then complain about it." This is where you truly do not grasp what is going on..... I have seen videos and you tube of crap like that and have made derogatory comments....

But you do not seem to be able to identify the difference between that and this.... This is NOT wanton destruction. IF you had ever been part of the "community" you would understand that. and when you shit on the values of the community they will shit on you..... as a group.

No one is defending Snack.... People are defending the values of the community.... Valuable doors of education and assistance are closing right now, right in your face.

And where do you live???? ATLANA GEORGIA???? What do you know of conservation in our area.... I bet these guys do more for conservation than you have in your life. "not following sound advice" Let me give you some sound advice..... sit at the kids table.... don't speak. shut up and listen when these guys are having a conversation. You will, with time, learn their banter.... You will also learn a lot. A lot that it is obvious you do not know. Not only about the Bronco... but about the 4 wheel drive community in the west.
Simmer down. 👀

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Simmer down. 👀
Actually I am trying to be nice and give him a heads up.....

He is completely misguided in what he thinks he is witnessing. It is painfully obvious he does not understand what is transpiring.... I would agree with his comments IF this had been wonton destruction and I would have seconded everything he was saying. BUT....

Maybe I am wrong.... I thought I was offering proper advice.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He is completely misguided in what he thinks he is witnessing. It is painfully obvious he does not understand what is transpiring.

Coming in with offensive, misplaced, comments and then upset when people do not respond well? Maybe I am wrong.... I thought I was offering proper advice.
It's alright, he can have his say. Right wrong or indifferent, it'll all come out in the wash. Just think about when them handsome portals show up. Man! So jealous.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's alright, he can have his say. Right wrong or indifferent, it'll all come out in the wash. Just think about when them handsome portals show up. Man! So jealous.
Well to be honest... I will probably take a bunch of shit because I am not going to be out testing the extreme limits of it's abilities.... I am way overbuilding for what I do. I will have it off road... as in dirt roads are a road.... I truly want to schedule the Bolder basin run. I have hiked it 30 times... Grew up looking at it. Spread my parents ashes in a meadow looking a Boulder mountain. The Rubicon is on a wish list but it is going to have to wait. I have other irons on the fire beyond the Bronco.

That said I did order some Kings as well as Icon uppers from Acutune on Friday and today I went and "interviewed" the local discount tire, and yes they offer road force balancing for 38s and 40s with lifetime balancing and rotations. They were offering a decent price as well.

Still need to source which track bar and track bar relocation bracket I want.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well to be honest... I will probably take a bunch of shit because I am not going to be out testing the extreme limits of it's abilities.... I am way overbuilding for what I do. I will have it off road... as in dirt roads are a road.... I truly want to schedule the Bolder basin run. I have hiked it 30 times... Grew up looking at it. Spread my parents ashes in a meadow looking a Boulder mountain. The Rubicon is on a wish list but it is going to have to wait. I have other irons on the fire beyond the Bronco.

That said I did order some Kings as well as Icon uppers from Acutune on Friday and today I went and "interviewed" the local discount tire, and yes they offer road force balancing for 38s and 40s with lifetime balancing and rotations. They were offering a decent price as well.

Still need to source which track bar and track bar relocation bracket I want.
Yeah, 38" Trail Grapplers would be awesome on a 2dr. That's what I want, but would want to do a spare delete and that I'm still on the fence. I think once you got 'em, you'll simply incorporate them. For me I think them as risk reduction. You don't have to push the limits to get real use out of 'em.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, 38" Trail Grapplers would be awesome on a 2dr. That's what I want, but would want to do a spare delete and that I'm still on the fence. I think once you got 'em, you'll simply incorporate them. For me I think them as risk reduction. You don't have to push the limits to get real use out of 'em.
I am there with ya.... I will be carrying a spare along with a patch kit. Some of the decomposing granite here is very sharp.... I have had a 6 inch rock cut right through the center of a tire.... Big ol V shaped rip dead center.... No patching that.

been considering either a frame/bumper hinge carrier or custom fabing a tilt/slide carrier to place the tire inside.... tall enough to clear rear seats in fold down position and then remove spare to use the back seat??? I don't know yet. just playing with ideas.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am there with ya.... I will be carrying a spare along with a patch kit. Some of the decomposing granite here is very sharp.... I have had a 6 inch rock cut right through the center of a tire.... Big ol V shaped rip dead center.... No patching that.

been considering either a frame/bumper hinge carrier or custom fabing a tilt/slide carrier to place the tire inside.... tall enough to clear rear seats in fold down position and then remove spare to use the back seat??? I don't know yet. just playing with ideas.
I like the Expedition One from APG, but hell, if I could drop the bigass tire I would. Look out for a thread on the 74Weld unboxing for those who have orders, I'll be starting a thread in the next few days. All I want for xmas!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I like the Expedition One from APG, but hell, if I could drop the bigass tire I would. Look out for a thread on the 74Weld unboxing for those who have orders, I'll be starting a thread in the next few days. All I want for xmas!
Yea... Expedition one and APG web sites offer a little different options on the same bumper.... APG is offering a couple extra options but the Expedition one web site offers a Jerry can option that APG does not mention... Not sure the Jerry can option would even fit with a 38 or 40. APG is offering lights and winch options that Expedition One does not mention.... Got them both bookmarked.

We obviously think a lot alike...

We should probably take this discussion to another thread since we seem to be hijacking a thread about Snack's 190....

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He is completely misguided in what he thinks he is witnessing. It is painfully obvious he does not understand what is transpiring.... I would agree with his comments IF this had been wonton destruction and I would have seconded everything he was saying. BUT....

Maybe I am wrong.... I thought I was offering proper advice.
He was in 4lo all day without switching and then was spinning and sawing the wheel back and forth while two footing it. If that's proper form I'll see myself out.

We have a lot of people new to performance driving who seem to idolize the guys doing the most damage to their trucks.
Sponsored