Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthfully, I'm pretty confident in the missing sizes I mentioned in the video. For example... two of the bolts—the inboard bolts—on the cowl accessory points are indeed TP30, but the other two are TP25. (Others are free to verify.)

BUT... I will double check today and post the results either tonight or tomorrow. It feels like somehow wires are getting crossed, and I don't know why—maybe some of the engineering docs Ford has provided are incorrect, maybe there are variations between Broncos with different build dates... not sure.
Alright results:

In my video I mentioned the following sizes:
  • TP-50 - Already in the tool roll
  • TP-45
  • TP-40 - Already in the tool roll
  • TP-30 - Already in the tool roll
  • TP-25
  • TP-20
So just focusing on the ones that are missing...
  • TP-45 - Used in the seat belt pretensioner as well as the tail gate hinges.
  • TP-25 - Used on the outboard "Bronco" bolts for the accessory points on the cowl.
  • TP-20 - In the past, I personally used this on several of the bolts on the hard top, the rock rails, in the dashboard, etc. I now believe they are T-25 bolts. Admittedly I didn't re-check all of those bolts as some would be pretty hard to get to. But for the bolts that were easy to get to, the seem to be T-25... although clearly TP-20 works fine.
---

And some other corrections & things to note:
  • The trim rings are T-45, @Greg_L was correct. I'll admit I blindly trusted other forum posts on Bronco6G that stated they were Torx Plus. My fault, and I'm in the process of editing the last three years of my posts where I also parroted that it was Torx Plus. All that said, TP-40 also fits very well and I suspect it would work fine... just doesn't change the fact that they're T-45.
  • The HD modular bumper is definitely TP-40. I've seen other places on the forum that said they were T-45. Which is basically the same problem as the trim rings, just in reverse.
  • The hub/axle nut on the front half-shafts is absolutely 35mm, not 36mm (took off the wheel to check). I don't know if it was different on earlier/later build dates, but at least for my August 4th, 2022 built Bronco, they are 35mm.
Anyway... hope that was helpful. I'll (probably) have a follow-up video sometime this weekend just to correct the errors in my first video. I guess there aren't any major errors in that video, I just need to remove TP-20 from that list. But it's going to bug me.

TL;DR-- I think if TP-45 and TP-25 was included it would be near perfect kit and cover the vast majority of use cases owners run into. Hopefully those are sizes that can be added via an add-on pack for existing owners (I'd gladly pay), as well as retrofitted into future tool rolls for future buyers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clevespeed

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Their proud of it at 300 plus dollars!
I carry my own tools!

Clevespeed

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make sure you get the $12 install too. A dealership employee will very carefully place it under the rear seats.

With 84 pieces and the apparentl size they probably have a 24 piece Allen set in there.
Ford says sold out on web site!

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased off ford’s accessories site back in Feb with points and a few bucks, I’m on back order too. I tried calling the ford accessories people with the number at the bottom of the email, they didn’t have a clue with the back order, then asked me to stay on the line to take a survey. I was like, yeah, you don’t want me to do that.

I have craftsmen tools in my chest in the garage, kobalt sets in vehicles, and a cheap harbor freight set in my work truck. So this set, even though the sticker is a little high, but is cheap with the points, is about the right quality to have in the bronco for an emergency. Plus, it has horsey.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ORDERED THROUGH FORD'S ACCESSORY SITE

We are working with Ford to get those orders sent to us for fulfillment. I cannot give an ETA on when they will get the issue fixed. I'm hoping it will be in the next 10 days. However, if you are ordering with points, you CAN order through your local dealer with points or points/cash. We are shipping to the dealers daily. We have plenty of stock so don't be concerned about us running out.
In some states, like Arizona, products cannot be ordered on Ford's sites. The following Phoenix dealers DO keep inventory on hand. San Tan Ford, Peoria Ford, Earnhardt Ford Tempe, and Sanderson Ford.
Again, feel free to email us at [email protected]
The order says return/refund window passed so it would probably be more hassle to reorder since I used points. Hopefully Ford gets it fixed soon. This is like waiting on my Icon Toolbox, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The order says return/refund window passed so it would probably be more hassle to reorder since I used points. Hopefully Ford gets it fixed soon. This is like waiting on my Icon Toolbox, lol.
If you call them, they'll refund. I called to check on a status and was told they'll cancel and refund the points. I'll give this until Monday and may do that

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates? Order is still on back order…. Website did change back to back order also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any updates? Order is still on back order…. Website did change back to back order also.
I called again and they just want you to cancel the order.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Greg_L said he was working on it. When I called they didn’t know anything. Hoping Greg might know.

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure what the issue is with the website. It was an IT issue, but I was under the impression that it had been corrected.

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because of all the problems with the Ford website, I decided to buy from Motley. In addition to a discount, they have free shipping and my order was delivered in less than a week.
Sponsored