First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco big bend 4D Non-sas, 2016 F150 3.5l EB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes is still the answer, I put one in my non-sas Badlands in Oct 23... the concerns about steering angle go out the door anyway as soon as you put a lift on or change wheel offset, which also change steering angle. Ford has a lot more concern about it then we do, because they are the OEM.
Did you just do the swap and flash? Or do you have to do other things? For my non sas 4 dr bb.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you just do the swap and flash? Or do you have to do other things? For my non sas 4 dr bb.
Swap and flash will work in the majority of cases. I am sure that someone has the exception to this experience.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, when I installed mine, Ford performance wasn't even selling the rack yet, so I didnt use a ProCal, I used FDRS, which requires swapping the VIN in the ecu for a vehicle equipped with the HOSS 3.0 rack, flashing the rack, and then putting the original VIN back in.

I really don't know if it will be possible to program it with the ProCal, as I doubt it has the correct parameters for your Big Bend

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Swap and flash will work in the majority of cases. I am sure that someone has the exception to this experience.
So in your case when you installed yours in your non sas badland 4 door, you just swapped and flashed it and that's it?

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, when I installed mine, Ford performance wasn't even selling the rack yet, so I didnt use a ProCal, I used FDRS, which requires swapping the VIN in the ecu for a vehicle equipped with the HOSS 3.0 rack, flashing the rack, and then putting the original VIN back in.

I really don't know if it will be possible to program it with the ProCal, as I doubt it has the correct parameters for your Big Bend
What is FDRS? And so, after you did all of that it worked fine?

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is FDRS? And so, after you did all of that it worked fine?
Ford Diagnostic and Repair System

It's the software that Ford dealers use for a lot of stuff, You can get a three day license for it, But you also need a compatible J2534 Cable, and a Windows computer to use it, It's not a cheap route to go, if you don't have any of the stuff already..

Yes, Once I did all that it worked fine.

If you want to go down that path, This is the thread with all the info on it;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-tie-rods-ford-performance-m-3200-wt.51284/

In the first 50 or so pages you'll find a lot of information from those of us who first installed these before they were available from FPP.

Honestly, If you have an appointment with a dealer to get it programmed, and they are a dealer that is on-point, I'd keep the appointment, and see if they can do it...

If you were closer, I'd help you get it done, But you're kind of on the opposite coast from me.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Diagnostic and Repair System

It's the software that Ford dealers use for a lot of stuff, You can get a three day license for it, But you also need a compatible J2534 Cable, and a Windows computer to use it, It's not a cheap route to go, if you don't have any of the stuff already..

Yes, Once I did all that it worked fine.

If you want to go down that path, This is the thread with all the info on it;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-tie-rods-ford-performance-m-3200-wt.51284/

In the first 50 or so pages you'll find a lot of information from those of us who first installed these before they were available from FPP.

Honestly, If you have an appointment with a dealer to get it programmed, and they are a dealer that is on-point, I'd keep the appointment, and see if they can do it...

If you were closer, I'd help you get it done, But you're kind of on the opposite coast from me.
Thanks I appreciate the info. Gonna install it today and make sure i can drive it in to the dealer tomorrow. I'll update the thread to show if ford service can get it done.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So in your case when you installed yours in your non sas badland 4 door, you just swapped and flashed it and that's it?
I flashed it, then installed it... I have also flashed over 20 racks that were later installed.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I flashed it, then installed it... I have also flashed over 20 racks that were later installed.
Very interesting. And those were non sas 4 doors? Sorry, just trying to be very specific.
Just got off the phone with FP tech support. They heard my story. The gentlemen was very interested as well and is going to talk to the engineers after I send him a detailed email about my situation. I know I'm probably going to get the straight ford answer (stick to the website compatibility only) maybe they've seen enough also, that it will work. I'm likely going to just try it anyway since you said you've done over 20 racks already. I can just flash it back to stock if the CPU doesnt like the new program, I'm assuming..?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not that I would be doing this anytime soon, but, if I would go to an M210 I would do it at the same time...

Does this mean one could ship the rack directly to you, pay you for your work and shipping, and you could ship it back to a person?

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can't get it to work, you can just re-install your old 2.0 rack, clear any errors, and be back where you started..

the end goal is getting the rack programmed, It doesn't have to be programmed in your Bronco, it can be programmed in any Bronco...

@mpeugeot Has been doing exactly that... He helps folks out by programming their racks in another Bronco (Doesn't even have to be installed, just plugged in)... Once the rack is successfully flashed, it can be installed in a different Bronco pretty easily.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not that I would be doing this anytime soon, but, if I would go to an M210 I would do it at the same time...

Does this mean one could ship the rack directly to you, pay you for your work and shipping, and you could ship it back to a person?
I have done it in the past for several people.
I normally charge $250, you ship it to me with a prepaid return label, I ship it back within 1 business day.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very interesting. And those were non sas 4 doors? Sorry, just trying to be very specific.
Just got off the phone with FP tech support. They heard my story. The gentlemen was very interested as well and is going to talk to the engineers after I send him a detailed email about my situation. I know I'm probably going to get the straight ford answer (stick to the website compatibility only) maybe they've seen enough also, that it will work. I'm likely going to just try it anyway since you said you've done over 20 racks already. I can just flash it back to stock if the CPU doesnt like the new program, I'm assuming..?
I am sure that there must have been one non-sas Badlands in the mix, but I never bothered to ask since I never had an issue with any of them ever. Still, I suppose it's possible to be wrong... I doubt it though.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am sure that there must have been one non-sas Badlands in the mix, but I never bothered to ask since I never had an issue with any of them ever. Still, I suppose it's possible to be wrong... I doubt it though.
I wish one of your customers will come out and say it worked on their non sas lol. Ford just had to make this difficult

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish one of your customers will come out and say it worked on their non sas lol. Ford just had to make this difficult
So are you talking specifically non-sasquatch Badlands 4 doors, or just non-sasquatch 4 doors?

I have programmed plenty of racks for non-sasquatch 4 doors. That has never been an issue.

If you want to know if I have done one for an anti-matter blue 4 door 2.3 non-sasquatch 4 door black diamond model with an LED light upgrade, mid-package, advanced 4x4, and the tow package with leather seats, I don't know because it never mattered.
Sponsored