brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That explains it. I was wondering why the cluster/screen technology feels and looks like it’s 2001-2007. It’s a f*cking Blackberry.
qnx is great tech but they can’t force ford to put the right resources into it. The old blackberry qnx devices ran great with smooth a UI and apps that worked smoothly. They use until a lotnof

honestly the Microsoft mobile phone OS was also great.

Considering how their in-house apps work I wouldn’t be quick to blame BlackBerry or Microsoft.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't even find the app on the google play store (searched for bronco trail app) and only got a bunch of competing apps... what's the actual name of it?
(I don't imagine there's actually any trails around here, but was curious)

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't even find the app on the google play store (searched for bronco trail app) and only got a bunch of competing apps... what's the actual name of it?
(I don't imagine there's actually any trails around here, but was curious)
Bronco Trail App -- that ~was~ the official name. It's been pulled off the stores though, so if you didn't already have it, I don't know that you can get it.

Someone had a link to an APK file for android around here on one of the threads, but I can't vouch for it.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh okay, I only read the first couple pages and the last 4 or 5 pages... thanks for clarifying :handshake:

Sponsored

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Further, until you pay for the subscription, trail Apps are useless, even on your phone. Why? Because there’s no cell coverage off-road or at least not enough to depend on.

So, when you subscribe, you get to download offline maps. I subscribe to GAIA and Trails Offroad to have full access since I actually go out off-roading. None are too expensive and they’ll all save your butt from getting in bad situations.

If you don’t wish to pay the people who keep tracks updated, cool, use a paper map and feel all retro, but paper maps should always be backups in your rig. Plan and you’ll stay safe and have a good time.

Learning GAIA was fun and there is a lot to nerd out on.
I believe that you are the guy that can help me out MadMan.
I'm new to Gaia and it seems pretty awesome on my phone. I have read your comments on this thread and I feel like I'm going in the right direction (pun intended) All I need is guidance in getting it on carplay in 4 low . Weather I select 4 low or I use rock crawl and it selects 4 low, all of the cameras take over the screen on the dash. How do I override the cameras so I can have Gaia on my screen?
Thanks for your help!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that you are the guy that can help me out MadMan.
I'm new to Gaia and it seems pretty awesome on my phone. I have read your comments on this thread and I feel like I'm going in the right direction (pun intended) All I need is guidance in getting it on carplay in 4 low . Weather I select 4 low or I use rock crawl and it selects 4 low, all of the cameras take over the screen on the dash. How do I override the cameras so I can have Gaia on my screen?
Thanks for your help!
Nice pun! :)

Yeah, the camera view is cool at times, but yes it does take over the view of your maps. Cutting right to it, I don’t use the GOAT modes usually. Rock Crawl and Mud and Ruts both have the front camera view, so instead I just manually select 4H, 4L, or 4A, depending on the situation and the rear locker as needed and disconnect the sway bar when necessary only.

Now, for the times you do want to use your GOAT modes and have that cool front camera view, I do have my phone mounted to the BAM from Archetype Racing along with an arm and MagSafe mount both from 67 Designs. I have the big iPhone, so the view is good enough.

A tip for when CarPlay disconnects or freezes, if you plug in the phone, it usually fixes it and should instantly bring up CarPlay when otherwise the wireless connection stops working with no cell signal.

On the Bronco screen, you can mark waypoints in Gaia as well and move the map around which is all rather awesome to me.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pun! :)

Yeah, the camera view is cool at times, but yes it does take over the view of your maps. Cutting right to it, I don’t use the GOAT modes usually. Rock Crawl and Mud and Ruts both have the front camera view, so instead I just manually select 4H, 4L, or 4A, depending on the situation and the rear locker as needed and disconnect the sway bar when necessary only.

Now, for the times you do want to use your GOAT modes and have that cool front camera view, I do have my phone mounted to the BAM from Archetype Racing along with an arm and MagSafe mount both from 67 Designs. I have the big iPhone, so the view is good enough.

A tip for when CarPlay disconnects or freezes, if you plug in the phone, it usually fixes it and should instantly bring up CarPlay when otherwise the wireless connection stops working with no cell signal.

On the Bronco screen, you can mark waypoints in Gaia as well and move the map around which is all rather awesome to me.
My Bronco activates the camera in 4L without using goat modes. I manually select 4L and the cameras come on. I guess I'll just have to use a phone mount also.
Thanks for your help!
Adventure on!

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco activates the camera in 4L without using goat modes. I manually select 4L and the cameras come on. I guess I'll just have to use a phone mount also.
Thanks for your help!
Adventure on!
The camera won’t turn off if you press the camera button either? Strange, mine doesn’t come on in 4L.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just looked in the manual. It says the front camera will come on when in mud/sand G.O.A.T. mode and speed is less than 15mph. Maybe you've discovered an undocumented "feature?"

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The camera won’t turn off if you press the camera button either? Strange, mine doesn’t come on in 4L.
I'll try the camera button. I didn't think of that before. Thanks.
Sponsored