First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sooo this is a bit off topic (I couldn’t figure out how to start a new post), but I went by my Dallas area dealership today to change the color of my Bronco since I am most likely a 2022 delivery and when I pulled in, I thought the dealership was going out of business, no kidding. They probably had less than 50 new cars on the entire lot. Then I went across town for lunch and driving back I saw another big Dallas area dealership that was almost empty as well. My salesperson told me they’re all having “production” issues surrounding the chip. I’ve never seen anything like it. Yikes. I am worried about Bronco orders in North Texas now because every model is almost gone. In the photos, all those empty areas are usually PACKED with trucks and explorers.

174CD731-A6AE-499A-8856-9A9215CB38CE.jpeg

DDC79540-1E9F-45DC-9D16-59ADED837A99.jpeg

2372755B-CB30-4E02-8B39-E6F48B06EEF3.jpeg
Sponsored

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not new. It is the same way in Ontario, Canada too. There are shortages everywhere of chips and other parts and even transports are short on drivers to get the cars out when they are made.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo…this is everywhere. Also why dealers are fighting for used cars (and used prices have skyrocketed) since they’re the only things dealers can get

Sponsored
OP
OP

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been on another planet lately?
Sorry haven’t “been on another planet lately” - I just haven’t stopped and looked at dealer lots lately. Knowing there is a chip shortage is rather abstract compared to seeing the real life repercussions IRL. I was just a bit shocked, tbh. So maybe, mentally on another planet. 😉

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went by our local dealership a couple weeks ago. They have room for about 100 new vehicles on their lot.

They had seven...

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sooo this is a bit off topic (I couldn’t figure out how to start a new post), but I went by my Dallas area dealership today to change the color of my Bronco since I am most likely a 2022 delivery and when I pulled in, I thought the dealership was going out of business, no kidding. They probably had less than 50 new cars on the entire lot. Then I went across town for lunch and driving back I saw another big Dallas area dealership that was almost empty as well. My salesperson told me they’re all having “production” issues surrounding the chip. I’ve never seen anything like it. Yikes. I am worried about Bronco orders in North Texas now because every model is almost gone. In the photos, all those empty areas are usually PACKED with trucks and explorers.

Ford Bronco Dealer lot empty 2372755B-CB30-4E02-8B39-E6F48B06EEF3

Dude, it’s awful. Lots here look like Russian grocery stores. Also, sorry about all the Snarky McSnarkersons on the forum…heaven forbid you say something people already know.

OP
OP

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude, it’s awful. Lots here look like Russian grocery stores. Also, sorry about all the Snarky McSnarkersons on the forum…heaven forbid you say something people already know.
Haha! Thanks for the kind words! People wound a bit tight here. I was in the car business for 8 years and I’ve never seen it like this. I was shocked. That being said, I’m just going to wait patiently for my Bronco. It’ll get here someday!! 😊

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was at my Chevy/GMC/Buick dealer last month. They normally have 50+ new pickups alone. They had 19 total new vehicles on the lot. 2 pickups...

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, the Ford lots around here have any where from 10-15 new vehicles total. Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler seem to be decently stocked though. They are either not selling or are producing plenty.

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped in my local Dealer today to check on the status of my order and Lol and behold they got their mannequin. Big Bend 2.3 auto pretty bare bones Got to take it for a 15 minute test drive. Loved it. FYI. Wind/mirror noise is a real thing. Terrible whistle starting at 40mph
Back on topic. That dealer has ZERO new fords on the lot and maybe 2 used. They moved their new VW’s over to the Ford section. Still no date although they say there optimistic I’ll still be driving a 21 model.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped at a dealer to get a body shop estimate today. Thought I would peruse the lot while they worked. Well that was easy. 2 new cars on the whole lot. An F150 and an Edge. The rest was full of random used cars. Not even anything in their showroom. They had maybe 20 units a couple months ago and I thought that was bad.
Sponsored