Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just traded in for a 2023 Wildtrak a few weeks ago. Got the app all set up and it was working fine. Noticed in the last week that my mileage, gas left to empty, etc was not updating on the app. Then I went into settings on the bronco and checked WiFi and noticed it no longer sees my network. I had all this connected and set up when I first got it. My badlands I had previously never had this issue.
I did the reset in sync and it didn’t do anything to fix it. It won’t remote start, unlock or anything. Is there a method to fully reset the modem? Some procedures I need to try?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It doesn’t use wifi for connectivity. It uses the built in modem. AT&T tower in your town go down?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check in the sync settings (I forget where exactly) for the data sharing and telemetry stuff. None of the fordpass stuff works without it

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything seems to be working. My cell is thru AT&T.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I figured out- disconnecting CarPlay allowed it to find my home network so that part works fine. It’s still not updating on FordPass (mileage, etc) and still won’t start or lock/unlock doors with the app.

Sponsored

arotbart

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
same identical situation happened to me..took delivery of a 2023 Bronco Raptor and last data transmitted was 1/5. i called ford and was told this is affecting all 2023 broncos and F-150 EV's and an over the air update was coming in February that would fix...i did master reset, pulled sync fuse from from fuse box, nothing worked. now cannot activate the vehicle on the app......calling dealer today to confirm and guess we just have to wait.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started updating again after a few days. Seems like it did it after filling up with gas but that could be coincidental. FordPass still says “only partially updated” at times. Definitely not as smooth as it worked on my previous 22 BL,

Gator87

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same exact thing happen to my 23, i simply disconnected the negative battery terminal for 10 min, hooked it back up and it started working again.

3_Dragons

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this issue from when I purchased my 2023 OBX in December. It would loose connection, I went to the dealer and they took it in for service. Did the disconnect and it worked 3 days later it was out, scheduled another trip to the dealership and two days later it worked. So yes this seems to be an issue and hopefully Ford does send an update.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can confirm. We had the same issues on our 2023 F150 Raptor and took it in to the dealership yesterday where we were told that it’s a known software issue on Ford’s end. It last reported the vehicle being “seen” Jan 5 and none of the remote app features work. They promised an update, but we all know Ford.

Sponsored

jawest12

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same as Gator87. Negative battery terminal removed for 10 minutes. Its just a computer, with a problem, needs a reboot. Of course, mine started doing this again today. First day its been below 30 degrees since the last time I did it :mad:

Gator87

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the same as Gator87. Negative battery terminal removed for 10 minutes. Its just a computer, with a problem, needs a reboot. Of course, mine started doing this again today. First day its been below 30 degrees since the last time I did it :mad:
Same here.. worked about 2 weeks and had to reset again. Very frustrating

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing on my 23. I disconnected battery for 10 minutes, pushed engine start button while unplugged, waited another 10 minutes, then plugged batter back in. Has been fine ever since. 🤞

arotbart

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
same identical situation happened to me..took delivery of a 2023 Bronco Raptor and last data transmitted was 1/5. i called ford and was told this is affecting all 2023 broncos and F-150 EV's and an over the air update was coming in February that would fix...i did master reset, pulled sync fuse from from fuse box, nothing worked. now cannot activate the vehicle on the app......calling dealer today to confirm and guess we just have to wait.
update:

called ford pass and spoke to someone who know what they were talking about...well, if you do a master re-set, it takes about 7-10 for system to come back online....however, you can try to speed this up by holding the vol down button and the forward/skip button on the steering wheels until screen goes blank (the volume should be a zero or it will take volume down to zero first before resetting) takes about 5 seconds to blank.....you can do this as many times as you want to try to speed things up...then leave the vehicles parking brake on when parked!!! that was the key for me. as soon as i left the parking brake, bam, everything came back on line.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing on my 23. I disconnected battery for 10 minutes, pushed engine start button while unplugged, waited another 10 minutes, then plugged batter back in. Has been fine ever since. 🤞
How does pressing the start button while the negative terminal is disconnected help?
Sponsored