Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t know you could set times for an automatic start! That feature alone makes Ford Pass worth it to me! That would have been soooo nice when I was waking up at 4:00am to head to work a few years ago. If I overslept a little or didn’t remember to start my Jeep first thing, I got to experience some seriously cold winter mornings. I’ve even had snow blow out of my vents before because the moisture in the air froze and collected in there and it blew everywhere as soon as I fired it up. It was very little and just looked like dust, but it was definitely snow. Those were rough mornings.

Also, I don’t see manually setting the temp before you shut your Bronco off (if you don’t have auto climate control) as a big deal. Yeah, it’s an extra step, but I’ve been doing it in my Jeep for years and it never bugged me. In the winter, I set it to my windshield defroster and crank the heat and the fan up all the way right before I get out of the car. In the summer, I make sure it’s set to A/C and at the lowest temp setting. It becomes second nature after a while.
Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2015 3500 HD Silverado has/had the Onstar app where you could unlock/lock and remote start from the app. It was amazing, until it was no longer free. After 5 years, they make you pay for that service though Onstar at $20/month. No thanks, love it, but really didn't use it enough to justify it. I can still use the key fob of course. Remote start is awesome, and another use I love it for is not just for a cold or hot vehicle, but when I need to run into the store, I can hit the remote start and keep the cab cool for the dog. It'll keep the cab at my set temp for 10min each time I activate it.

So I'm getting the manual in my Badlands, so I'm forgoing the remote start for the first time in 4 vehicles. It's going to be an adjustment for sure, but I'll survive.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got that, seeing if it’s worth it enough to reconsider the manual...I hate being cold?.
If cold is that big of a factor for you get the auto

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I concur on all of the positive statements on Ford Pass.
I use it with our Escape and love it for warming up an defrosting a vehicle in the winter as well as cooling it down on hot days.
The other day it notified me that the Windshield washer fluid was running low before I got in the car and got the warning from the Dash

I live on the Tail of the Dragon, good thing I dont drive my truck on it ?
Since you are close, Is Tellico open for 4wheeling anymore?
I've been to Fontana Village numerous times for vacation with sports cars and have been to a pretty decent BBQ place in Tellico, but always wanted to hit up Tellico in a 4x4

Remote Start is one of the reasons why I am getting the Auto.
I love it for both warming up and cooling down a vehicle.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope the OP doesn't mind if I jump on here with another question.... I see the base model does not have an "option" for remote start where as the big bend does yet the base has FordPass... Is the remote start option on the big bend just for the key fob? Or does Ford take it to the point where the base won't be able to remote start with FordPass?
There are people on the forum who are of the position that yes, the base will through the FordPass app, be able to remote start.

I am however unwilling to make that assertion.

The Base model has a lesser version of the Sync4 system compared to the other trims, and there is even an indication in some of the documentation that the Base lacks the onboard modem/cellular connectivity that would be necessary for the the App to communicate with the vehicle.

Let me see if I can find it quickly... I'll edit this post with the screen cap if and when I find it.

::EDIT::

In the Bronco Order Guide, it appears that the Base *IS* capable of remote start through the FordPass Connect....

Ford Bronco Ford Pass? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 16.49.20

Last edited:

Zackmd1

Outer Banks
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Ford Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are people on the forum who are of the position that yes, the base will through the FordPass app, be able to remote start.

I am however unwilling to make that assertion.

The Base model has a lesser version of the Sync4 system compared to the other trims, and there is even an indication in some of the documentation that the Base lacks the onboard modem/cellular connectivity that would be necessary for the the App to communicate with the vehicle.

Let me see if I can find it quickly... I'll edit this post with the screen cap if and when I find it.

::EDIT::

In the Bronco Order Guide, it appears that the Base *IS* capable of remote start through the FordPass Connect....

Ford Bronco Ford Pass? Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 16.49.20
Perfect! Thanks for the info. So assuming the order guide is correct, base model it is for me with the 2.7l. Sucks they limit the color options on the Base but the Oxford White or velocity blue should do. I will upgrade it through aftermarket support.
Sponsored