Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not trying to derail this thread but I saw someone posted a VIN for I think Braptor. Any chance you can use it to try and pull their part numbers for their steering components?

8e4ebe16-b5e2-441c-b23d-7ef524cd1a63-jpeg.jpg
Usually parts don't start showing until after it's been delivered. Not sure why the delay but even then, have seen some that won't populate in Microcat for a few weeks. HVBOM should show sooner but a few I've checked lately that have been built aren't showing in there either.
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
$100 per Bronco built for something 1000% unnecessary for a stock Bronco. That’s 20 million dollars for Ford on 200,000 Bronco’s being built. Why would they do that? It makes zero sense. You have to upgrade parts when you go to bigger, heavier tires. It’s common knowledge in the off-road community.
I disagree, FORD can tack on that extra few hundred dollars to the MSRP as the steering rack is not the place to skimp out on and save money. It doesn't matter if the majority of Bronco owners actually plan on using their Bronco for off-roading the fact that it was built for trail riding and eventually the Bronco will be tested (maybe by the 2nd owner). Having your steering fail while navigating on the trail or driving home is unacceptable. I am not saying that the steering rack and tie rods need to be bullet-proof for the extreme hardcore but I bet the new performance rack is perfect for standard equipment on Ford's best Off-Roading SUV. The current rack and pinion steering system is suitable for the Bronco Sport.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco big bend 4D Non-sas, 2016 F150 3.5l EB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anybody in southern California available to program this FP steering rack for my bronco?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kind of like the plastic gear for the headlight motors for Firebirds. Now why would they use a plastic one instead of even cheap metal? Oh, I know why...$$$$ every few years for replacement motors.
Many years ago I was heavily involved in slot cars. Remember them? We tried all kinds of different gears. Longest lasting was a brass pinion gear with a nylon axle gear. The combination was also self lubricating. They lasted unless your car went into a wall. Then few teeth would break off the nylon gear. No one made nylon pinion gears.

Only an all metal gearset would hold up to impacts. Brass on brass wore well, but needed lubrication. The worst combination was steel and brass. Steel on steel also wore, but not as badly.

I'm only referring to the comment about headlight motors. I'm not suggesting nylon gears should be used in a steering box.

Last edited:

K6V7N

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Blueberry OJ… I got mine done at Galpin Ford in North Hills. Called around Riverside area and no one had a clue

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My trail fix plan is a black iron nipple and some JB quick weld.
Assuming you're serious, make sure your JB Quck Weld isn't old. It's my experience that JB Weld will set up brittle if it's out of date.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Blueberry OJ… I got mine done at Galpin Ford in North Hills. Called around Riverside area and no one had a clue
Thanks for the info! I might have sunrise ford in Fontana call and talk to them.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody in southern California available to program this FP steering rack for my bronco?

Have you tried Adventure Offroad at Chino Hills Ford? When I got my FP Tune installed there, they mentioned that they install almost anything, including 74Weld racks...so, I assume the FP rack is something they would install as well.

K6V7N

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Make sure to tell them of the calibration for the rack and the performance tune is separate. I have to drive back out to get the tune done.

Blueberry OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Giancarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you tried Adventure Offroad at Chino Hills Ford? When I got my FP Tune installed there, they mentioned that they install almost anything, including 74Weld racks...so, I assume the FP rack is something they would install as well.
I'll Google em and give em a call and see if they're familiar what this situation

Sponsored

K6V7N

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did they charge for just the FP tune?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well after over 3 hours on the phone with ford over two days, I got the tune installed and Rack upgrade down loaded into procal ready for install next week…good luck!
Sponsored