Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOOD MORNING
My FORD dealer bid on the purchase and installation of a 3.0 steering rack with tie rod and programming on my BADLAND 2023 SASQUASH. With a credit for my HOSS 2.0. The price with taxes is $4000.00 CANADIAN money. what do you think, your opinion?
tracktoy
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed and programmed I'd say that's a pretty decent price IMO. Being installed by the dealer I presume there's some kind of warranty?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do not know the exchange rate but here in the US the rack and tie rods are around $850. Then it depends on the dealership's labor rate per hour.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's US $3000 (give or take a few dollars) according to current exchange rate. The rack from Ford is supposedly about $800-1000 right now. $250 to program plus shipping it (and return shipping) to someone to program another $300 (?). That's US $1550 plus labor. Assume they're charging $175 x 8 hours ($1400), which is probably a little high, but that's around $3000 total.

Make sure it has an alignment and is covered by warranty, seems like a fair deal to me, although US $2500 seems more reasonable (since they're not paying for shipping per se and are setup for the programming already and should be included in the 8 hours rate to program).

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRACKTOY

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES FORD warranty
These are OEM parts and my Badland is guaranteed for 7 years. For the price if I buy in US dollars it costs 34% more CDN/USD exchange + Taxes + customs fees + delivery transport. Then you have to do the installation and programming. With my dealer it's turnkey No problem.
Tracktoy

Sponsored
OP
OP
TRACKTOY

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes alignment is included
tracktoy

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes alignment is included
tracktoy
Make sure the dealer is willing to do a VIN swap first through foreskin before you even try this. 99.9% of dealerships think they can do this but then when they go to try they realize that Ford's fdrs system blocks them from being able to change Parts on the vehicle due to the VIN number not matching up. I suggest you have them follow the instructions that I provided in the Hoss III steering thread. or have the ford tech contact me directly.

OP
OP
TRACKTOY

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's US $3000 (give or take a few dollars) according to current exchange rate. The rack from Ford is supposedly about $800-1000 right now. $250 to program plus shipping it (and return shipping) to someone to program another $300 (?). That's US $1550 plus labor. Assume they're charging $175 x 8 hours ($1400), which is probably a little high, but that's around $3000 total.

Make sure it has an alignment and is covered by warranty, seems like a fair deal to me, although US $2500 seems more reasonable (since they're not paying for shipping per se and are setup for the programming already and should be included in the 8 hours rate to program).
Montant
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

USD 3,000,00$
Converti en
4 039,35
CAD
they look like you say

good estimation
no problem with the dealer and must honor the Ford warranty
tracktoy

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

maybe someday @Ford Motor Company will realize that people are trying to do the Hoss 3.0 steering upgrade and Fords Techs can't even do this STILL. Ford your guys need to get ahold of me or find your own solution ASAP this is starting to be ridiculous. Maybe we need a you tube video to show how it's done and how Ford is so slow on the steering fix roll out that folks have to do it themselves. Then Ford Performance gives idiots like BB rights to sell their products 🙄 soon you'll see a Fords Performance branded steering brace (hope not) a bandaid offered by the manufacturer, instead of the real fix, is over the top retarded!!!

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Montant

USD 3,000,00$
Converti en
4 039,35
CAD
they look like you say

good estimation
no problem with the dealer and must honor the Ford warranty
tracktoy
While you're there at your dealer why don't you have them right up a service ticket asking for Ford to fix this

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe someday @Ford Motor Company will realize that people are trying to do the Hoss 3.0 steering upgrade and Fords Techs can't even do this STILL. Ford your guys need to get ahold of me or find your own solution ASAP this is starting to be ridiculous. Maybe we need a you tube video to show how it's done and how Ford is so slow on the steering fix roll out that folks have to do it themselves. Then Ford Performance gives idiots like BB rights to sell their products 🙄 soon you'll see a Fords Performance branded steering brace (hope not) a bandaid offered by the manufacturer, instead of the real fix, is over the top retarded!!!
Look, they'll get back to you once they get that Dunder Mifflin Paper order fixed and delivered. Should be any day now! Check the mail, or fax. Any day now!

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 STEERING RACK PRICE 1706291887830

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AMEN bother!!!!!!!

OP
OP
TRACKTOY

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure the dealer is willing to do a VIN swap first through foreskin before you even try this. 99.9% of dealerships think they can do this but then when they go to try they realize that Ford's fdrs system blocks them from being able to change Parts on the vehicle due to the VIN number not matching up. I suggest you have them follow the instructions that I provided in the Hoss III steering thread. or have the ford tech contact me directly.
THANK YOU
YES I read your entire thread. I informed the dealer to have a wildtrack vin for programming. he tells me no problem because he has several 2023 wildtracks on the floor. And then he made his submissions.
But, I will accept your offer if there are problems. Thanks a lot
TRACKTOY

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i hope not, it would be sad day for engineering if ford performance sold a tie rod brace. Especially one with a rectangular cross-section. Very sad indeed.
Sponsored