First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realize that removing the trans pan for a fluid/filter change is just a series of bolts and keeping out of the way of the dripping fluid.
Also realize that the trans pan is a "one time" use and I will be replacing the old pan with a PPE one.
I keep thinking about just punching a hole into the existing pan to allow the fluid to drain in a more controlled fashion.
Am I asking for trouble here or is there a logical spot where I could push a punch or screwdriver thru the existing pan SAFELY....maybe smack it with a ball peen hammer and pretend its a rock on a trail...maybe a controlled depth drilled hole...
Again I know its just some bolts to remove it the "correct " way......just rspitballing .....
Thanks in advance.
Tbruz
Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't done a Bronco, but on other vehicles, I just undo a corner, let it drain into the pan and slowly work my way around.

Put down some plastic sheet and pig mat to catch anything that doesn't hit the drain pan.

I'd rather have some spill than have trans goo all over my drill.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The transmission pan isn’t one time use.
Also punching a hole in it isn’t a great idea. Doesn’t really matter where you hit it, there’s a very good chance of hitting the main control or the auxiliary fluid pump. Not something I would risk personally.
Like @HighVelocity mentioned, just remove the back bolts, then keep moving forward and it will slowly start to spill out the back.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco In search of Trans fluid change hack 20240124_093638(1)
Sponsored