Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.srqfabrications.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, once it becomes unlocked the weight bends the bracket and or mounting pin. I’ll need to disassemble to find the exact problem but I have to lift the tire swingout get it closed now. I’ve had numerous bumpers with dual swingouts and this is the first one that’s ever given me issues. After yesterday I honestly feel the tailgate, with the brace, was stronger than this. I had run probably around 50 trails with the tire on a braced tailgate and no issues, the first trail I do with this bumper and I’ve got serious problems.
Check the 4 bolts that hold the hinge assembly to the shell and the frame support underneath. If these are loose at all you will have play in the hinge assembly and cause the swingout to angle down.

Once these bolts are loose, it is easy to bend the t-handle lock on the hinge since the weight of the swingout will rest on it and it's not designed to hold that weight.

The whole top and center section of the bumper is made out of 3/16" steel. The only parts that are 1/8" steel are the wings on the end.

Are you running just the 37" tire? Or do you have a basket on top of the tire with more stuff in it? I would not recommend running anything but the wheel/tire combo on the passenger-side swingout. The 37" tire alone is a lot of weight.

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

We have been working on adding support to the assembly that ties the swingout to the frame under the bumper. I can add some photos shortly. We are happy to send you an updated version if you plan to continue to run extra weight on the passenger swingout. There is an additional 1/4" plate running the length of the assembly helping tie the 2x2x3/16" square tubing in direct to where the assembly meets the shell of the bumper.

Would like to add that we can only do so much testing on products. We do relying on customer feedback to make adjustments and better the product as a whole. Whenever we do get feedback that requires changes to the design we implement them and offer the updated versions to those already with the product. We appreciate the support from the Bronco community and work hard to offer the best product possible.

Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos IMG_0033
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the 4 bolts that hold the hinge assembly to the shell and the frame support underneath. If these are loose at all you will have play in the hinge assembly and cause the swingout to angle down.

Once these bolts are loose, it is easy to bend the t-handle lock on the hinge since the weight of the swingout will rest on it and it's not designed to hold that weight.

The whole top and center section of the bumper is made out of 3/16" steel. The only parts that are 1/8" steel are the wings on the end.

Are you running just the 37" tire? Or do you have a basket on top of the tire with more stuff in it? I would not recommend running anything but the wheel/tire combo on the passenger-side swingout. The 37" tire alone is a lot of weight.

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

We have been working on adding support to the assembly that ties the swingout to the frame under the bumper. I can add some photos shortly. We are happy to send you an updated version if you plan to continue to run extra weight on the passenger swingout. There is an additional 1/4" plate running the length of the assembly helping tie the 2x2x3/16" square tubing in direct to where the assembly meets the shell of the bumper.

Would like to add that we can only do so much testing on products. We do relying on customer feedback to make adjustments and better the product as a whole. Whenever we do get feedback that requires changes to the design we implement them and offer the updated versions to those already with the product. We appreciate the support from the Bronco community and work hard to offer the best product possible.

IMG_0033.jpeg
Thanks so much for reaching out! By no means whatsoever was I intending to to disparage the product, just offering my personal experiences utilizing it in Moab. I am running a 37” tire and I did have a rack on top but it was only used for carrying folding chairs. I absolutely would be interested in trying the updated bracket, Thanks so much for that offer! My locking pin was tweaked and I checked all of the bolts underneath and they all appeared to be tight. I won’t have time to look into the exact problem until I get back home. Hopefully I can check into it next week. Thanks so much again for reaching out, that speaks greatly of your company that you’re willing to stand behind the product and make adjustments where needed.

Last edited:

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

IMG_0033.jpeg
HI Matthew, I have an order in (#34501). Will it have this additional support bracket? Please say yes...

BTW, the welds are art...

srqfabrications

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.srqfabrications.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HI Matthew, I have an order in (#34501). Will it have this additional support bracket? Please say yes...

BTW, the welds are art...
Yes, you will get the updated design.

OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos IMG_0033
Matt I would like the updated version as well mine sags about a 1/4" not a big deal but updated stronger is always a plus

Sponsored

srqfabrications

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.srqfabrications.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone that has the bumper currently and wants an updated frame support for the passenger swingout, please send an email to the support email ([email protected]) with your order number. That way its in the system and the guys will get it taken care of.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the dual swing out, when closed, how big is the gap in inches between the tailgate from the swing out arm/dual jerry can mount?

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after almost 4 months of waiting I got my new rear bumper. I looked far and wide for a rear bumper with a decent swing out to carry that 37"M/T. Gotta get that tire off the body just ask any bronco owner about the old swingouts. Almost every one I looked at had a frame to body connection (that's a no no) So I found SRQ and they had what I was looking for. A nice swing out and even an option of the duel swing outs with jerry can rack and small table inside. They even build the bumper in a modular design so you can build as money allows.

It didn't me take long to figure how to mount my 60" Hi lift on it.

So far I have not relocated the Camera because I cant figure out how the remove it from the stock mount? Anyone have any ideas?

I really like the locks that lock the swing outs in the open position they also lock closed
features of their bumper are:

LEFT SIDE
jerry (NATO) can mount I did a 20L fuel and a 20L H20
small fold down table .
plenty of room for other goodies

RIGHT SIDE
Big heavy duty very adjustable tire carrier
provisions for the 3rd B light

BUMPER
factory integrated led back up lights
Relocated Camera to bottom center above the hitch
Nice heavy D ring mounts
Sensor holes pre drilled

@camojeeper This is such a great looking Bronco! I live in Northern California and I could’ve sworn I saw you pass me a few weeks ago. Any way to find out via post or DM on how much the Whole Unit Cost you?! I was weighing options on Swing Outs, just having a hard time deciding! Keep rockin that Beautiful Pony 🐴❤🤘🤙⚡💪

OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@camojeeper This is such a great looking Bronco! I live in Northern California and I could’ve sworn I saw you pass me a few weeks ago. Any way to find out via post or DM on how much the Whole Unit Cost you?! I was weighing options on Swing Outs, just having a hard time deciding! Keep rockin that Beautiful Pony 🐴❤🤘🤙⚡💪
You bet shoot me a call I’ll dm the number

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to be the guy from the peanut gallery, but I would be opted to buy if the latching system was different. The way the latches setup you’re adding extra load to the pivot mounts. It really needs to be a push lock destaco going through an eyelet tabs with nylon bushings. It’ll add extra support in the lock position
Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos 1679923436995
Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos 1679923318375

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not to be the guy from the peanut gallery, but I would be opted to buy if the latching system was different. The way the latches setup you’re adding extra load to the pivot mounts. It really needs to be a push lock destaco going through an eyelet tabs with nylon bushings. It’ll add extra support in the lock position
Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos 1679923318375
@srqfabrications can this alternative option be explored and maybe an option for your customer base. I have an order in and would like to be the test mule for this design :)

srqfabrications

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.srqfabrications.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not correct. The latch is bolted to an L-shaped bracket that is welded to the swingout tube. When closed the swingout rests on the shell of the bumper and the latch does not hold any of the weight of the swingout. This also makes sure that the hinge assembly isn't being bent when latched. The latches are rated for 2000 lbs and have maybe 50 lbs of force on them just pushing the swingout toward the bumper shell. The t-handle on the hinge also locks closed when the swingout is closed and is an added layer of security. I forgot to latch my bumper once and drove about 5 miles. It remained closed.

You can see the assembly in the below photos and how it rests on top of the bumper shell and the back. This design is far stronger than relying on a single pin in sheer to hold the swingout closed.

Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos IMG_8625

Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos IMG_8615

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not correct. The latch is bolted to an L-shaped bracket that is welded to the swingout tube. When closed the swingout rests on the shell of the bumper and the latch does not hold any of the weight of the swingout. This also makes sure that the hinge assembly isn't being bent when latched. The latches are rated for 2000 lbs and have maybe 50 lbs of force on them just pushing the swingout toward the bumper shell. The t-handle on the hinge also locks closed when the swingout is closed and is an added layer of security. I forgot to latch my bumper once and drove about 5 miles. It remained closed.

You can see the assembly in the below photos and how it rests on top of the bumper shell and the back. This design is far stronger than relying on a single pin in sheer to hold the swingout closed.

Ford Bronco Installed SRQ FABRICATION rear bumper with swing outs -- review and photos IMG_8615

Oh I my bad! I didn’t see that landing pad, the gates looked like they floated to a back stopper.

OP
OP
camojeeper

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1679923436995.png
1679923318375.png
The latches are adjustable. Also you cant see in this pic but there's a lip on the swing out that rests on the bumper when closed and latched so that's not really an issue

on edit I see this was answered

Last edited:

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Started learning/practicing TIG this past weekend... I'm drooling over these dimes.

I'll definitely be purchasing the front & rear bumpers from a company that stands behind their product with a response like that...

(but I'm still waiting for build confirmation on my pony 😔)

[/QUOTE]
Sponsored