Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a week or two my drivers window stopped doing auto-up. I figured I’d take it in when I had time. Then I started noticing when i pull left and right front window buttons up sometimes the passenger window would go up but then come back down or stop at like 75% up. Would roll up fine after. Little buggy but nothing persistent or that I would say: if I do X it does Y. Hard to debug.

THEN… the other day I kept hearing wind noise from behind my left ear… rolled down the window a bit and back up. Noise gone. Didn’t happen again for another few days and got the wind noise again. I look back and the drivers window has like a 1/4” gap at the back on top. So I took a photo while driving and didn’t touch the window buttons.

I got out and shut door. The window was 100% up but outside of the rubber seal. I opened the door again and it stayed. So it wasn’t doing the down/up thing when you opened the door. Just stayed up. At some point of me messing with the buttons it seems to have reset and is working properly for a week now.

Soooooooo…. it intermittently stops doing down/up on door open and then won’t seal. Like how do I explain this to the dealer? At least I got these photos when it was acting up.

4 door. hard top. no mods. never removed roof panels.

Ford Bronco Intermittent drivers window issue. Doesn’t seal or align 9AFFFA45-DC30-4DFE-98F7-4599A6CB14E8

Ford Bronco Intermittent drivers window issue. Doesn’t seal or align 4275886C-9EF4-4C2F-B427-02356152FB54

Ford Bronco Intermittent drivers window issue. Doesn’t seal or align 669FFB5E-C0FB-4B53-A674-4AA1294EDF3A
Sponsored

Last edited:

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I noticed when I close the door very gently, it doesn’t go up that 1/4”. if I open it back up and close it harder, it does. But I haven’t had any issues with them stopping on their way up or down.

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed when I close the door very gently, it doesn’t go up that 1/4”. if I open it back up and close it harder, it does. But I haven’t had any issues with them stopping on their way up or down.
but it doesn't go down when I open it; just stays up. So before I even shut the door it's already borked.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do the window reset procedure. Open the window all the way, and continue to hold the button for a few seconds. Close the window all the way and continue to hold the button for a few seconds. Repeat.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is why I love this forum! I had the same issue, came on here and found this thread, and solved the issue! Thank you! Who needs an owners manual!

I think it started when I took the top panel off the first time, which made me think that maybe there’s something that triggers the system when the top is off not to lower the window And it didn’t re-seat correctly? Just a thought

Sponsored

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the window reset procedure. Open the window all the way, and continue to hold the button for a few seconds. Close the window all the way and continue to hold the button for a few seconds. Repeat.
That worked for me thanks!!! Where did you figure this out? Is it in the manual?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That worked for me thanks!!! Where did you figure this out? Is it in the manual?
It might be. Honestly don’t remember if it was in the manual or where I learned it in 21.
Sponsored