Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco is Extended Warranty worth it? 1000072956

they would not cover the Hard Top. I am curious to know what the bronco community thinks of this price for the extended warranty. is it worth the extra money? appreciate the feedback. TIA.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At that price, no. Look at Granger for an ESP. I recently bought one for 100k miles. I hope I never need to use it. Many will say it is waste of money. But for the cost with Granger, it was worth the peace of mind.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At that price, no. Look at Granger for an ESP. I recently bought one for 100k miles. I hope I never need to use it. Many will say it is waste of money. But for the cost with Granger, it was worth the peace of mind.
I assume that Granger warranty is honored by all Ford dealerships?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That price is ridiculously high.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I assume that Granger warranty is honored by all Ford dealerships?
It is a Ford product not a Granger warranty. Granger just sells the same extended warranty that other dealerships sell. It will be tied to your VIN and show up in your Ford Pass account.

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With my 21, I bought it used just out of bumper to bumper but with a couple years left on the powertrain warranty. I checked with Granger and all they would offer is the premium care extended warranty for 3/36 for a little over $1600. The thing was though, it would begin immediately but would not extended my powertrain warranty. Basically, it would override it for the 3/36. I guess I would be getting an extra year or 18k miles, whichever comes first. Worth the $1600? Not really sure...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never bought one with a new vehicle. Sprung for one on a used Land Rover and was unsuccessful in collecting for a failed lastic thermostat housing. Would something else major that might have been covered within the coverage miles if I had not purchased? No way of knowing.

For 10% of price of vehicle? Only if you can get 10% below msrp on the Bronco. Then you can afford the warranty.

Other options are advertised on a TV near you at less than $30/ month and includes cellphone protection, free oil changes and who knows what else

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With my 21, I bought it used just out of bumper to bumper but with a couple years left on the powertrain warranty. I checked with Granger and all they would off is the premium care extended warranty for 3/36 for a little over $1600. The thing was though, it would begin immediately but would not extended my powertrain warranty. Basically, it would override it for the 3/36. I guess I would be getting an extra year or 18k miles, whichever comes first. Worth the $1600? Not really sure...
One of the ways I think these "warranties" mislead is that they're really not 7yrs/100k, they're 4yrs, 64k miles, because they usually start after the primary warranty. This is why you can get a full refund up until your primary warranty expires. I hadn't heard that the ESP overrides the powertrain (maybe just in this case?), but I know it doesn't cover everything, and I thought powertrain was one.

@Granger Ford Is there any clarification on this question for those who bought the ESP? I can't imagine it would make the powertrain only 36 months. I may be misunderstanding the comment.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The finance guy ALWAYS brags to you how “We don’t really make any money on this. we price ESP at $100 over our cost. It’s the best deal you can find.”.

And they are ALWAYS lying. Typically they are around double what you will pay if you shop around.

I bought mine at Grainger. Already looked up the price before I picked up the Bronco so when the finance guy started that crap I just told him, “pass”.

Saved me around two grand and I’m sure a few sleepless nights worrying

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the ways I think these "warranties" mislead is that they're really not 7yrs/100k, they're 4yrs, 64k miles, because they usually start after the primary warranty. This is why you can get a full refund up until your primary warranty expires. I hadn't heard that the ESP overrides the powertrain (maybe just in this case?), but I know it doesn't cover everything, and I thought powertrain was one.

@Granger Ford Is there any clarification on this question for those who bought the ESP? I can't imagine it would make the powertrain only 36 months. I may be misunderstanding the comment.
I was very specific when I inquired into the extended warranty and was told it would not void the factory powertrain warranty nor extend it beyond what I was purchasing. My thinking was, it would extend it up 96k or 2029 but apparently that's not the case from what I was told.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same with the same reasoning.

My only concern is that I don't live near Granger and I worry that if I lift, level, or mod my truck in any way, these hack dealers in northern IL will jack me around on the warranty and not repair my truck. I am more concerned about electronic failures since modern vehicles are so heavily computerized which is why the warranty intrigued me. Too many potential points of failure.

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The finance guy ALWAYS brags to you how “We don’t really make any money on this. we price ESP at $100 over our cost. It’s the best deal you can find.”.

And they are ALWAYS lying. Typically they are around double what you will pay if you shop around.

I bought mine at Grainger. Already looked up the price before I picked up the Bronco so when the finance guy started that crap I just told him, “pass”.

Saved me around two grand and I’m sure a few sleepless nights worrying
The dealer offered the 3rd party extended warranty for almost another $100 a month but when you look at how many loan payments that is, it's up really quick and then your overpaying for the warranty. Most of it is just profit unless you have a major mechanical issue. I've also seen some horror stories of where 3rd parties didn't want to warranty things because you were late on an oil change.
Sponsored