Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leather hotter than MGV?
Good question.

I drove a BD with MGV seats at the "Drive the Bronco" event. I thought the MGV seats were uncomfortably hot. And it wasn't actually that hot out, maybe only the mid 90's.

The leather I had in my Mustang was so bad I got cloth seat covers.
Sponsored

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I offroaded the hell out of a land cruiser with leather and carpet, with Weathertech floor liners and it was not even an issue. Leather cleans up easy and the floor liners do a great job. So guess what, my Bronco has leather, carpet and Weathertech floor liners. I don’t do mudding and avoid deep water crossings, so it works for me. Everyone has their priorities and you have to decide what works best.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good question.

I drove a BD with MGV seats at the "Drive the Bronco" event. I thought the MGV seats were uncomfortably hot. And it wasn't actually that hot out, maybe only the mid 90's.

The leather I had in my Mustang was so bad I got cloth seat covers.
So leather is just as hot in the sun then it seems? This is my current dilemma Wildtrak with leather vs MGV trying to weigh out pros and cons

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So leather is just as hot in the sun then it seems? This is my current dilemma Wildtrak with leather vs MGV trying to weigh out pros and cons
Yes,
Leather is extremely hot in the sun just like vinyl. I’ve owned several convertibles and always had towels in the trunk for the hot afternoon trips. BTW, I have a roadster with leather and no top. I’ve been caught in heavy downpours and it never hurts the leather. I’ve also seen model T’s that are 100 years old with the original leather seats!
I went with the cloth in my Bronco and love it! I chose it only because leather and vinyl are hot in the sun.
Enjoy your Bronco!!!

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a hard top with leather...
frankly Id have LESS concern with the softtop... soft top is always going to be with you, and can be put up in a minute.

You cant transport the clamshell anywhere except installed. and the 2nd row panel is doable, but takes a chunk of space. in any case, I suspect the soft top is easier to put up if it rains.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes,
Leather is extremely hot in the sun just like vinyl. I’ve owned several convertibles and always had towels in the trunk for the hot afternoon trips. BTW, I have a roadster with leather and no top. I’ve been caught in heavy downpours and it never hurts the leather. I’ve also seen model T’s that are 100 years old with the original leather seats!
I went with the cloth in my Bronco and love it! I chose it only because leather and vinyl are hot in the sun.
Enjoy your Bronco!!!
Thanks for explaining this, this helps a lot actually. Thank you, hope you enjoy your bronco also!

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have OBX/Lux/Leather/Sas and it is my daily driver. Ive been spending the summer mixed between the Jersey Shore and the Adirondacks, so plenty of top down/doors off driving. I have had zero issues. As others said, I wouldnt want to get caught in a downpour but the seats are incredibly comfortable and are holding up great. I do think I would have liked the washout floor which gets removed with choosing leather, especially after the kids come off the beach or getting in and out while on the trails. But overall, I think I would still rather the seats I have vs the washout floor. Again, just mu opinion on how I use my truck, hope it helps.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As an owner of the same build x2 get the leather. My wife recently left the windows down overnight. The centers did swell up but it all went back to normal in a couple days. That was about .31” of rain if I recall. Everyone I’ve spoken with that has mgv says it makes them sweat and for longer drives it’s not pleasant. The leather is firmer and I believe that allows more air flow. The adjustable headrests are worth getting the leather as well. While the feel of the mgv is super soft and plush it’s not worth the trade off. The flooring is the only issue I have. The rubber floors should be an option across all trims. Sooner or later I will have a wash out floor. Even if I have to remove everything and have it line X’d. A mesh top really reduces the heat factor in the seats. I have one my wife does not and there is a big difference in seat temp.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn’t read other replies, but I had a 2015 Rubicon with leather in it. I constantly was wiping them down, cleaning them; trying to make sure the sun didn’t crack them. In the end they just creased like crazy. Was it immediate? No, but if you plan to have it long term that’s something to think about. Sun gonna sun. IMO if you’re getting soft top or plan to have it down a lot, get the MGV. I did with mine and very happy. Not only do you not have to worry about moisturizing them and crap, but rain, kids spilling drinks whatever is a non issue. I can see why they didn’t put ventilated seats in the bronco. Could you imagine rain in the holes? Lol
Sponsored