First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am having this weird “quacking” noise coming from whatever part this is in the pic below… (forgive me, I know next to nothing about this stuff).
Any idea at all what this could be? I have the 2.7.

Side note: I am also having a “whining” noise that you can hear while idling, and driving at low speeds. When you come to a stop, you can hear the sound “zip” off and go away….. anyone know what THAT could be?

F53D9BAA-D338-4172-BFEF-CEFFE16CB592.jpeg
Sponsored

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's the duck-billed manifold valve - so named because it quacks when it is going bad. This means you should immediately stop driving it and donate it to whoever answered your question here on the forum (me).

Honestly no idea, but I figured you might need a laugh like those of us still waiting for an imaginary Bronco.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to say it, but take it to the dealer and have a tech give it a listen.

It could be as simple as something being loose, it could be a normal noise that you're not accustomed to with this type of engine, or it could be disastrous if it's not taken care of. The only people that will know are trained mechanics who know what they're looking (or listening) for.
Without video/sound, it'd be hard for even someone who does know what that hose is, to diagnose.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate to say it, but take it to the dealer and have a tech give it a listen.

It could be as simple as something being loose, it could be a normal noise that you're not accustomed to with this type of engine, or it could be disastrous if it's not taken care of. The only people that will know are trained mechanics who know what they're looking (or listening) for.
Without video/sound, it'd be hard for even someone who does know what that hose is, to diagnose.
Thanks!! I actually brought it in today and they didnt take me seriously. Im a female in my early 20s and deal with that often. They probably think since I don’t know much about cars, that I don’t know what im hearing. Frustrating.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!! I actually brought it in today and they didnt take me seriously. Im a female in my early 20s and deal with that often. They probably think since I don’t know much about cars, that I don’t know what im hearing. Frustrating.
Try getting a video of the sound. Could help diagnose, there's some really smart mechanics on here.

And might help showing it to the service department too. Or push for a 'ride along' so they can hear it themselves.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side note: I am also having a “whining” noise that you can hear while idling, and driving at low speeds. When you come to a stop, you can hear the sound “zip” off and go away….. anyone know what THAT could be?
Complete shot in the dark here, but maybe alternator noise? Either the alternator itself, or coming through speakers? Though the speakers would only really be likely if you had aftermarket stereo and a grounding issue.
I haven't personally heard it on my 2.3L, but not impossible.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is indeed frustrating. I'm sorry you have to experience that.

If you could share a video here for us to hear, that'd be appreciated. At least than I can compare it to my engine sounds, and see if it's similar or different in some way.

Another thing you could do is escalate the matter, and ask for a supervisor or tech lead.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Guys, I will try to get a video of it to post here shortly

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would them check the knuter valve, though rare it can sometimes sound kind of like a duck quacking when it is not functioning properly.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had my 2.7 since January. No quacking sounds on mine that I’ve heard. I’ve also come to the point of taking video of things and emailing to the General manager (also the person that I deal with for sales)and showing the service Dept.
I find it disturbing they dismiss your concerns. Or anyones for that matter. Did they even walk outside and listen? Mine makes some clicking on some starts but never any other sounds.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had my 2.7 since January. No quacking sounds on mine that I’ve heard. I’ve also come to the point of taking video of things and emailing to the General manager (also the person that I deal with for sales)and showing the service Dept.
I find it disturbing they dismiss your concerns. Or anyones for that matter. Did they even walk outside and listen? Mine makes some clicking on some starts but never any other sounds.
Whats crazy is they did come listen… and the one salesman who has a bronco said his doesnt make that noise but then kept saying it was normal 🙃

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

F them. Seriously. My daughter told me her car was making a whine. I didn’t hear it as I have tinnitus and always hear a whine. I took it in anyway and they immediately said the right front wheel bearings needed replaced. Under warranty.
Find someone who values you as a customer and doesn’t see age or sex as a reason not to provide the best service they can.
Sponsored