Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a talent for speaking delicately so apologies if this insensitive. Are you physically incapable of doing the work yourself? If not, you're already doing 90% of the job, in the time it takes to drive to the lube shop you could have finished the job.

Now if you are disabled and can't do it, I'm just an ass and please disregard.
This site draws out asses by the masses. šŸ˜‚ But I donā€™t think youā€™re being an ass here. No, Iā€™m not physically disabled. As stated in a previous post, I spent 5 to 6 years changing oil in my 20s. I was in the pit most days and worked on 400 cars a week. Went from there to being a Ford service advisor for a couple of years. During the Firestone recall, I realize I donā€™t necessarily love working on cars. Now I get paid well to focus on other things. My wife and I run 2 businesses where I am responsible for all facilities for both, truth is I donā€™t like disposing of the old oil. I donā€™t like the mess in my driveway. And 30 bucks to me is worth not having to lay on my back on a Saturday. Admittedly, didnā€™t expect to get this much flack from using and supporting a local business. Just commenting on how the masses still donā€™t know much about these Broncos three years after the release. And that one of the newer employees at this establishment, thought my bronco logo was a mustang logo.
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

truth is I donā€™t like disposing of the old oil
Most auto parts stores will take it. I put it into the jug I just emptied and take it in. When I remember. I have about 5-6 of them sitting.

But you're a grown man and you don't need justify your reasons, I'm just trying to connect the dots. I've had enough bad experiences with so called professionals that I prefer to do it myself even if it were to take twice as long and cost twice as much.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most auto parts stores will take it. I put it into the jug I just emptied and take it in. When I remember. I have about 5-6 of them sitting.

But you're a grown man and you don't need justify your reasons, I'm just trying to connect the dots. I've had enough bad experiences with so called professionals that I prefer to do it myself even if it were to take twice as long and cost twice as much.
Hey Mike, isnā€™t there something electronic that has to be reset once you change the oil these days? Mind you, it may be something manual in the settings thats easy, but not sure.

Like I mentioned, I have it built into the cost of the Bronco for the next 3 years, but now that you mention it, it is funny how Iā€™ll change my other fluids (axle, diff), but donā€™t change my oil. I did in the past with one of my old 335iā€˜s, but was a little messy, but thatā€™s because Iā€™m a goofball.

I found a nice shop thatā€™s close to where I live that Iā€™ve built a relationship with recently; great guys. One installed my ARB twin. I do plan to pay them to install my new PPE transmission pan (once I order it) and change the fluid, but the shop specializes in German and British cars, then they get to play with my Ford! Ha ha, but they love the Bronco when I pass by.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Mike, isnā€™t there something electronic that has to be reset once you change the oil these days? Mind you, it may be something manual in the settings thats easy, but not sure.

Like I mentioned, I have it built into the cost of the Bronco for the next 3 years, but now that you mention it, it is funny how Iā€™ll change my other fluids (axle, diff), but donā€™t change my oil. I did in the past with one of my old 335iā€˜s, but was a little messy, but thatā€™s because Iā€™m a goofball.

I found a nice shop thatā€™s close to where I live that Iā€™ve built a relationship with recently; great guys. One installed my ARB twin. I do plan to pay them to install my new PPE transmission pan (once I order it) and change the fluid, but the shop specializes in German and British cars, then they get to play with my Ford! Ha ha, but they love the Bronco when I pass by.
Yes there is, thumb through the menus and you'll find it. I also make an entry on Fordpass, because you'd think the reset would talk to the app but it doesn't.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes there is, thumb through the menus and you'll find it. I also make an entry on Fordpass, because you'd think the reset would talk to the app but it doesn't.
It is a good thing that a reset on the oil life doesn't log an entry in Ford Pass. I could see people resetting the oil life and then play dumb when there is only tar in the pan and their engine is fooked. They would fight the warranty claim showing logged entries in Ford Pass for oil changes that were never done.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have a talent for speaking delicately so apologies if this insensitive. Are you physically incapable of doing the work yourself? If not, you're already doing 90% of the job, in the time it takes to drive to the lube shop you could have finished the job.

Now if you are disabled and can't do it, I'm just an ass and please disregard.
Nothing wrong with paying someone you trust to change your oil. My independent shop which performed stats inspection that was due and the Ford shop would have s hefuled 6 weeks out also changed my oil AND reset OLM. Some Ford garages can't even do that.

But a question for the OP. WTF is a snow day in Florida? And a comment on that garage. I'd hate to be the Mach-e owner who paid to have oil and filter changed

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, you can do whatever you want with your money, but it seems a little nonsensical to first create a thread about an oil change tech mistaking a "4x4 mustang" then bitching about how this site brings out the worst? I mean, wasn't this thread the worst? šŸ¤” :whistle:

Anyhow, I had a negative experience with my lube place recently. Wondering if I should continue to trust 'em. Maybe I should just saddle up and do it myself, but damn I'm lazy. You might think I'm trolling you here, but really, not really. It's a problem, vitamin d and all. šŸ˜…

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a good thing that a reset on the oil life doesn't log an entry in Ford Pass. I could see people resetting the oil life and then play dumb when there is only tar in the pan and their engine is fooked. They would fight the warranty claim showing logged entries in Ford Pass for oil changes that were never done.
It does not log an entry that you or I can see but the reset in the vehicle starts a new countdown that is mirrored in Ford Pass.

Only actual Ford service shows in service history but there is no requiremt for warranty service that all or any oil changes were handled by Ford.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does not log an entry that you or I can see but the reset in the vehicle starts a new countdown that is mirrored in Ford Pass.

Only actual Ford service shows in service history but there is no requiremt for warranty service that all or any oil changes were handled by Ford.
Think you misinterpreting what Mike and I are saying.

FordPass one can enter a service record and upload material cost via a receipt. OR an entry is made automatically when Ford service techs perform the service.

Mike was inferring that resetting the OSL should create an entry in FordPass that an oil change was done.

I was making the contrarian point that such codified logic in their internal systems isn't a good idea as some users would just reset the OSL without actually performing the actual oil change.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just an ass and please disregard.
No worries - That's always in consideration whilst reading your posts. ;)

I just find it confusing on how many Gallons per Litre of oil I need to put in, plus I don't want to get used oil particles on my delicate hands - This could sully the taste of my poutine as my fingers cross-contaminate my Canadian Freedom Fries.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There isn't much difference between a quick lube place and the dealer where I am. And with the dealer I don't need to keep receipts for warranty coverage.
About this receipt/warranty thing. Are people really keeping up to 10 years (depending on power train warranty) of oil change and other related maintenance receipts? Anyone know are vehicle makers voiding warranties due to some missing receipts?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that you used to work there and you trust them, but there comes a time when it is necessary to pull the ripcord and nope the f out. That point was probably the 5 minute mark when they finally realized what vehicle they were working on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

About this receipt/warranty thing. Are people really keeping up to 10 years (depending on power train warranty) of oil change and other related maintenance receipts? Anyone know are vehicle makers voiding warranties due to some missing receipts?
It really depends on the situation and failure. Iā€™ve had Ford ask for maintenance receipts a few times, and have also had them decline a warranty repair based off of lack of maintenance proof. It doesnā€™t happen often, but it does happen.
Although this is almost always in cases where there is obvious signs of maintenance neglect and the whole engine is sludge.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing wrong with paying someone you trust to change your oil. My independent shop which performed stats inspection that was due and the Ford shop would have s hefuled 6 weeks out also changed my oil AND reset OLM. Some Ford garages can't even do that.

But a question for the OP. WTF is a snow day in Florida? And a comment on that garage. I'd hate to be the Mach-e owner who paid to have oil and filter changed
Cold misty dreary rain.
I mean, you can do whatever you want with your money, but it seems a little nonsensical to first create a thread about an oil change tech mistaking a "4x4 mustang" then bitching about how this site brings out the worst? I mean, wasn't this thread the worst? šŸ¤” :whistle:
Bitching? No. Commenting.
Just commenting on how the masses still donā€™t know much about these Broncos three years after the release. And that one of the newer employees at this establishment, thought my bronco logo was a mustang logo.
Sponsored