Sponsored

Thoughts/Opinions - Will the Heritage Limited Edition hold its value?

bopanic

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mercedes G550
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
wondering what everyone thinks about this… Today I bought a MY24, two door REB HLE from my local dealer.

I paid 1K under MSRP for it & plan to garage keep it & use it as a 2nd vehicle (top & doors off kind of thing). Plan to long term hold it & likely won’t put a lot of miles on it.

Just curious what everyone thinks about it holding its value over time given the 1966 two doors & 1966 four doors.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

IMG_9161.jpeg
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Broncos are one of the best trucks to hold their value but I think anything heritage overall has the potential to do even better

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends what time frame you are looking at.

If you hang onto it long enough, anything will hold its value.

But short term (5-10 years)... it's anyone's guess. The only thing we really have to go off of so far is the First Edition Broncos. Those were limited to 7500 units total, but ended up being less than that due to production issues. And they did not hold their value at all. Used First Editions are valued roughly the same as used Wiltraks.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it’s too easy to build an exact duplicate of it. IDK. I do like the idea of what you have planned though. Looks awesome btw.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The First Editions were/are a bust because Ford wasn't ready with the HOSS 3.0, if they had that at the time I think it would be a completely different story. But I also hate the idea of Ford making limited edition anything, not the business model Henry built the company on.

With that said, short term, cars always go down, long term - you have to live another 40 to 50 years to see real returns if you're looking for a pay off that's worth tying up the money in a vehicle - meaning put it in the market or real estate. Too many factors go into that, but at the rate Ford is pumping out Broncos I wouldn't hold my breath.

Me personally, if you love it - drive it - life is too short to keep your possessions in a box on a shelf.

Bob LaBlah

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don’t think it’s realistic to think that you could sell the HEL for what you paid for it 5 years from today. I think the Bronco will depreciate less than some other vehicles, similar to Jeeps.
i also think that by adding the REB as an option on all HE in 24, the overall rarity in that model dropped as well.
I have the 4 door HEL and love it and wouldn’t have chosen any other model. It’s honestly so much fun to have and drive that I don’t mind seeing more of them.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally, no.

The Heritage had similar demand to the non-Heritage Broncos.

Plenty sitting on lots now.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1966 was 58 years ago, and those Broncos were 1st generation vehicles. They sold for a few thousand bucks, and originals or good restorations are now worth six figures. Even if you put zero miles on yours and keep it for 58 years, you’re likely not going to experience anything similar…regardless of trim level or options.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Personally, no.

The Heritage had similar demand to the non-Heritage Broncos.

Plenty sitting on lots now.
I don't think Heritage (non-Limited) will retain value like a collector's item but they seem to sell quicker than Badlands or Wildtraks which are $10-15K more expensive. I think $60K+ weekend/toy SUVs are a hard sell in this economy.

A HE is basically the same as a Big Bend with Sasquatch + Hardtop and the same price (I just configured a 23 with the same options and it was the same as my sticker). You get the vastly better Mod-Top over the cardboard MIC top. It's a no brainer to pick the HE over the Big Bend.

A HE Limited is an overpriced Badlands IMO. $12K+ more for cosmetics. Badlands struggle to sell and I've seen HELs discounted $3K+ or more. Maybe they will be collector items but I doubt it. The two color choices aren't very appealing to me and REB is no longer rare since it is a color option on the 24 HE.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think @RagnarKon pretty much said what I was going to say comparing it to the First Editions. If you're really concerned about value isn't the old adage for collector cars is that you're keeping it in good shape for the next owner? Only other thing to add is that the Limited's are $20k+ over the standard HE's for, in my opinion, not much more bang for the buck and it's allot more trying to recoup that in the future so enjoy it but I wouldn't beat it or rack up crazy miles.

TATRunner

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2020 F250Tremor 2018 911GT3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will an HE-L have a better resale value than a similarly equipped Bronco, probably. Should you hold it long term thinking it is an "investment", lol, no.

Congrats on the Bronco and great purchase price.
Sponsored