First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Need help with taking the top off etiquette. This is my first vehicle like this. Sorry about the questions.

1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons..
5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the years I've owned convertible vehicles I have never kept anything in there that I would care too much if it was stolen. Especially J@@ps and the Bronco where you can just unclip/zip panels and access the vehicle easily. NFN, you'll never have to worry about locking yourself out of your car...so you got that going for you, which is nice.

The weather is always going to be a thing. I've been caught in a heavy storm topless & doors off. You just pull the floor plugs and dry your stuff. Put a fan on it if you've got cloth seats.

You can always pick up one of THESE if you're worried about getting wet when you leave it unattended/overnight/in your garage.

You can run as many panels off as you like, personal preference and, with the bags, you can store them in the back.

No bad questions, keep 'em coming. Welcome to the Bronco Club.

Cheers,

WC

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know the area you live in better than we do, so leaving it in a parking lot with top off is your discretion. I don't worry about mine, but I don't leave anything in it to steal if I am leaving it in public.

Check the weather before you go. Keep a cheap tarp in it for just in case. Expect to get wet if driving. I've been in a few rains top and doorless. It's just water.

If your garage is too dusty to leave it in topless, address that.

Otherwise enjoy. That's what it was made for.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to leave my 95 Jeep Wrangler unlocked and had 1/2 dozen times the doors were left open overnight. I'd rather them root around and not find anything than cut the top to find that out. Store the panels so they don't get damaged and same with the top (if it's a hard top, take your time and have someone else who can help).

You're overthinking it otherwise. If the tops off, and it rains, it'll get wet. Try to dry it out. It's a Bronco. Enjoy it!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
overthinking it. Its all common sense. Rain is wet. Valuables can get stolen. Dust is everywhere..Life is short,enjoy it while here.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some have broke corners storing in truck. Not many but a few have from them slamming on accel and braking.

I carry a full cover in a back pack if I know I may not make it home with rain. That way I can choose to toss it in the truck or not.

Research the perimeter plus alarm upgrade most of us have done. That helps with the doors off. Will trigger a Hink with a bump, will set the alarm off on the next bump. Reported to your ford app.

My roof hangs from my garage ceiling. Truck gets parked under that. Have a tape line on the floor. Keep tire on edge of tape, when it hits the 2x4 wheel stop, we’re parked.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Birds like to poop on car seats and Squirrels like the plastic interior panels.

Ohh I had a cat sharpen it's claws on my seats before.
My condolences to the cat and squirrels. May their spirit continue to live on in your memories.

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are under seat and "trunk" area lockable solutions for storage. I believe the vault that is a factory option for the center console can be purchased via aftermarket also.
Best way or deterrent is to keep valuables out of sight and or locked up.
Keep honest people honest.
As for rain, the Bronco is designed for water protection, its not water proof. Perhaps a folding soft top would benefit you...like a car convertible. I think there are a few who like the removable cover when rain is in the forecast, I've always thought those to be cumbersome.

Review your manual...most will scoff at it but if this is your first "go-round" with an open air vehicle, there are some good points you need to soak up.

EDIT, I have had things stole out of vehicles over the years, mainly due to me not protecting or removing them. As for rain, mud or the elements...my most memorable times with my jeeps were when I got stuck or getting drenched in a storm...not lightning, just down pours. Be prepared, have a plan. If you get dealt lemons, make the best dang lemonade ever.

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang Clickbait Title........

Don't store valuables in it if you're going to leave it parked and unattended. You might want to carry a few beach towels along in case of rain or Sun (black vinyl and leather seats can get HOT). If it rains you're going to get wet while driving and your windshield will fog up so have a small hand towel to wipe it off.

Sponsored

IceBender13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco sport,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Enjoy each and every day. 100 days of summer with only 25 days with doors on. Mostly had the top down for the surprise rain and Hot sun days. Kind of a pain to remove completely. Splash guards a must to keep the road spray out when doors off. The rain should be only the least of concerns. When pressure washing takes longer inside than outside.

A79D0CC0-D516-4F6D-8AE5-656B8C757785.jpeg

C38B6912-D291-45AE-9B60-40980DA0C7A2.jpeg

23DD3575-15C1-46BE-895C-615B157DCF43.jpeg

02A912ED-19A2-4E1B-B569-5A13607B49F2.jpeg

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need help with taking the top off etiquette. This is my first vehicle like this. Sorry about the questions.

1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons..
5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
1. Don't leave stuff in sight, out of sight, out of mind. I also put in a proximity sensor in my jeep console, if anyone sticks their hand into the interior the alarm goes off, better is to live in a low crime area.

2. 'ya gonna' get wet, there are drains in the floor, even better if you have the wash-down interior.

3. Dust, cute. This should answer your question. First time out with the top off will be an experience as all the small particles in the interior will be flying around and bombard you. It takes 15-30 second for all the particles to fly out. Floor mats will need to be secured.

4. As long as the panels above your head are removed it is the exact same experience as the entire roof being off. Second row is for passengers, if no passengers then don't bother removing.

5. Yes

A few things you didn't ask directly about. My preference is winter mode or summer mode, in the summer top and doors off, with tube doors on. Of course, I live in high desert now and a different environment than Hotlanta (I was born in Rome, Ga.). The main thing that might surprise you is the sun, get a mesh top, you will thank me. Hats will work too but hard to keep on at highway speeds. They make rain covers, if you are going top off and commute to work, it is going to rain during the day, I suggest investing in a cover. If it rains while you are diving you will just get wet, don't worry its hot in the South. Oh, and I would not go mudding with the top off.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So dash components are of little concern?

OP
OP

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Don't leave stuff in sight, out of sight, out of mind. I also put in a proximity sensor in my jeep console, if anyone sticks their hand into the interior the alarm goes off, better is to live in a low crime area.

2. 'ya gonna' get wet, there are drains in the floor, even better if you have the wash-down interior.

3. Dust, cute. This should answer your question. First time out with the top off will be an experience as all the small particles in the interior will be flying around and bombard you. It takes 15-30 second for all the particles to fly out. Floor mats will need to be secured.

4. As long as the panels above your head are removed it is the exact same experience as the entire roof being off. Second row is for passengers, if no passengers then don't bother removing.

5. Yes

A few things you didn't ask directly about. My preference is winter mode or summer mode, in the summer top and doors off, with tube doors on. Of course, I live in high desert now and a different environment than Hotlanta (I was born in Rome, Ga.). The main thing that might surprise you is the sun, get a mesh top, you will thank me. Hats will work too but hard to keep on at highway speeds. They make rain covers, if you are going top off and commute to work, it is going to rain during the day, I suggest investing in a cover. If it rains while you are diving you will just get wet, don't worry its hot in the South. Oh, and I would not go mudding with the top off.
Thanks I am in Atlanta so I know it’s hot. So my electronics or steering wheel won’t get damaged?