BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anybody here have one? How do you like it? Pictures of it all loaded up?

I need a rack primarily to carry a couple kayaks, but also to make our faux-verlanding trips less like tetris and more like vacation lol.

Fitting 4 J-shaped kayak holders in the t-slots or otherwise to the selection of top rails seems like a no brainer.. as well as fitting a basket to carry some firewood or totes.. it's design appears to allow easy mounting of an awning as well which is cool.. just looking for some real world experience.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anybody here have one? How do you like it? Pictures of it all loaded up?

I need a rack primarily to carry a couple kayaks, but also to make our faux-verlanding trips less like tetris and more like vacation lol.

Fitting 4 J-shaped kayak holders in the t-slots or otherwise to the selection of top rails seems like a no brainer.. as well as fitting a basket to carry some firewood or totes.. it's design appears to allow easy mounting of an awning as well which is cool.. just looking for some real world experience.

Thanks!
Hey there! If you need any more specifics about the rack please let us know! All of the things you mentioned above would be easily achievable with the rack.

OP
OP
BlueWaffle

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey there! If you need any more specifics about the rack please let us know! All of the things you mentioned above would be easily achievable with the rack.
Hey! The affirmation feels good lol thanks for the response.

I guess my only real question for you folks would be if you reccomend one brand or another for accessories for your rack.. like.. what brand kayak holders etc. etc..

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey! The affirmation feels good lol thanks for the response.

I guess my only real question for you folks would be if you reccomend one brand or another for accessories for your rack.. like.. what brand kayak holders etc. etc..
Really any kayak holder should work! My advice would be to examine how the holder mounts to the rack prior to purchase just to make sure it’s not specifically made for a certain type of rack only. The easiest way to bolt it down would be just through bolting directly to the crossmembers rather than trying to install a system that only accommodates “pinching” the rack for mounting. Either will work but just bolting it straight through one of our precut slots is by far the easier installation method.

OP
OP
BlueWaffle

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really any kayak holder should work! My advice would be to examine how the holder mounts to the rack prior to purchase just to make sure it’s not specifically made for a certain type of rack only. The easiest way to bolt it down would be just through bolting directly to the crossmembers rather than trying to install a system that only accommodates “pinching” the rack for mounting. Either will work but just bolting it straight through one of our precut slots is by far the easier installation method.
Right on, thanks again!

.. try to hold off on any sales until I get my tax returns back too 😝😝

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of it! Following.

OP
OP
BlueWaffle

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like the look of it! Following.
I agree.. this one really isn't too bad.

I'm not a big fan of the 'Industrial shelving' type style most of these racks have nowadays.. but the combination of functionality&price point with this unit definitely win me over.

The basic BAT option (without the side bits) isnt nearly as functional thanks to its incredibly over-minimalized design and small size.. way too small.. makes the price they want for it pretty out of line IMO. Also kinda makes the Bronco look like it's wearing a goofy little hat or something.. it's just not pleasing lol.

The Trailrax option is at least 'full size'.. buut its a couple hundred dollars too expensive.. and it really just gives me an industrial shelving vibe.. too basic. Lacking.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right there with you - not sure I like the "industrial shelving" look either, but 100% agree on price point and looks like they've solved the mounting problem on the 2D with there only being one indent for stuff to lock in to.

Is there an option for side accessories for rotopax mounting points?

I agree.. this one really isn't too bad.

I'm not a big fan of the 'Industrial shelving' type style most of these racks have nowadays.. but the combination of functionality&price point with this unit definitely win me over.

The basic BAT option (without the side bits) isnt nearly as functional thanks to its incredibly over-minimalized design and small size.. way too small.. makes the price they want for it pretty out of line IMO. Also kinda makes the Bronco look like it's wearing a goofy little hat or something.. it's just not pleasing lol.

The Trailrax option is at least 'full size'.. buut its a couple hundred dollars too expensive.. and it really just gives me an industrial shelving vibe.. too basic. Lacking.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right on, thanks again!

.. try to hold off on any sales until I get my tax returns back too 😝😝

No problem! Thanks for your interest in our roof racks! If you want to be the first to know about any sales we're having be sure to subscribe to our email list. We usually update our email subscribers before announcing anywhere else.