First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I appreciate that. In the future you can just tell us your opinion without making up lies. It’ll be fine.
Actually I believe him. I worked for a short period back in the 90's on a union job sight and got in trouble because we moved plumbers supplies that were in the way. We were told that we should have called the plumbers to do so and wait till the equipment was moved prior to doing the job. This was a renovation job at a police firing range.

Since I have changed career paths and went into the medical field. Worked union and non union hospitals and each one completely different. One place the union had no power and union reps asked to leave rooms when staff were being written up. Others, you could be the laziest nurse and refuse physician orders which cause delays in patient care or worse and nothing happens to the nurse. I've seen unions shoot down policy and procedures that are a standard of care in over 90% of the US and taught for the past 15 years in nursing programs that improve patient outcomes but because of a few lazy staff members the polices are changed to their benefit of being lazy. There are other things I have come across situations that nurses would lose their license for but the union covers it up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same happened to us years ago at our truck dealership in another city. Our maintenance guy was replacing 12 or so hanging fluorescent light fixtures when a union guy came in to pick up some parts. He reported it to the local BEW and we got a visit to say we weren't allowed to do it and if we didn't get a union electrician, they'd report us to OSHA or some other alphabet organization.

My BIL worked for a company that did a lot of church restoration who beat a union shop out of the bid for this particular job. A rep from that local shop went to the job site after work was started and took a bunch of pics of the scaffold that had been set up and sent it to the local OSHA office. They got a visit and because of two sections of scaffold that was being used was "non-compliant", all the work had to stop and only way it could continue was ALL of the scaffolding had to be replaced. Cost BILs employer about $100K and they got the story from another sub after they were done. Was retaliation for the local not getting the bid so they use tactics like this against non union shops as retaliation.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same happened to us years ago at our truck dealership in another city. Our maintenance guy was replacing 12 or so hanging fluorescent light fixtures when a union guy came in to pick up some parts. He reported it to the local BEW and we got a visit to say we weren't allowed to do it and if we didn't get a union electrician, they'd report us to OSHA or some other alphabet organization.

My BIL worked for a company that did a lot of church restoration who beat a union shop out of the bid for this particular job. A rep from that local shop went to the job site after work was started and took a bunch of pics of the scaffold that had been set up and sent it to the local OSHA office. They got a visit and because of two sections of scaffold that was being used was "non-compliant", all the work had to stop and only way it could continue was ALL of the scaffolding had to be replaced. Cost BILs employer about $100K and they got the story from another sub after they were done. Was retaliation for the local not getting the bid so they use tactics like this against non union shops as retaliation.
Not surprising at all.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I believe him. I worked for a short period back in the 90's on a union job sight and got in trouble because we moved plumbers supplies that were in the way. We were told that we should have called the plumbers to do so and wait till the equipment was moved prior to doing the job. This was a renovation job at a police firing range.
Sure, probably because they were there for a reason. Every trade thinks they are the most important one in whatever area they are in.
Sure, some dumb shit happens from time to time. But anybody that tells you they had to put in a written request and wait for hours to get a bucket of paint moved has an agenda and is lying to you.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a perfect world CEOs would not be making tens of millions of dollars per year.
In a perfect world workers would be paid a salary that would provide a more than adequate standard of living that is consistent with the society they live in.
in a perfect world the biggest part of a CEOs job would be to ensure their employees are taken care of and not to ensure their shareholders make more profit.
In a perfect world lazy, entitled, unproductive, disruptive, or subversive employees could be fired instead of being protected by a union.
We don’t live in a perfect world so we get this pendulum that swings from management to workers (yes, mostly it stays on the management side). It looks like now the workers are wanting it to swing to their side.

Sponsored

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tactics like what? Did the union members swap their scaffold to not compliant stuff in the middle of the night? Sounds like your BIL’s company did it to themselves.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To everyone that says ”pay them”. Are you willing to pay 25% more for them same vehicle ? I‘m not. If the UAW gets all their ask, the cost is going up substantially.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Living in a pro union commonwealth with no right to work laws let me list all the auto plants in Pennsylvania

(Crickets chirping)

GM and Ford had plants. Mack Truck is gone. Even VW which runs non union facilities got run out of town.

Instead, where are the major foreign plants? In the deep South, in right to work states, not a union in sight unless you count the Teamsters that haul the product

No.matter what one makes a 46% immediate pay increase is not sustainable even though the labor cost of a vehicle is only about 15% increased labor alone will raise average msrp by at least 10% Jerome Powell and the Fed won't like it one bit
I'd like to hear from anyone here who works for the foreign car plants in the south. From what I have heard over the years, their employees are happy and don't want to unionize.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a 46% pay raise coupled to the 32-hour per week request means that they are really asking for an 82.5% pay increase. Please check my math.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tactics like what? Did the union members swap their scaffold to not compliant stuff in the middle of the night? Sounds like your BIL’s company did it to themselves.
I guess the union guy showing up the day after they got the scaffold up was just there photographing nature and just happened to notice a "violation" then just happened to tell his OSHA buddy? Come on, this isn't a personal attack and there's no legitimate defense of how either of my examples were handled. It is what it is.

Sponsored

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the union guy showing up the day after they got the scaffold up was just there photographing nature and just happened to notice a "violation" then just happened to tell his OSHA buddy? Come on, this isn't a personal attack and there's no legitimate defense of how either of my examples were handled. It is what it is
I guess I don’t understand what the issue is. If the company wasn’t using non compliant scaffold, there would be nothing to tell osha about, no?

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sure, probably because they were there for a reason. Every trade thinks they are the most important one in whatever area they are in.
Sure, some dumb shit happens from time to time. But anybody that tells you they had to put in a written request and wait for hours to get a bucket of paint moved has an agenda and is lying to you.
yeah a bunch of pipe laying in the middle of a room is there for a purpose. This was one of those dumb shit things that happened. But ive seen worse things in hospitals with unions. When I worked for a state hospital the union rep came to orientation and specifically said the only way you will get fired is if you hit someone or kill someone intentionally. Really makes you feel comfortable going to a hospital with employees that have that kind of protection huh? I had a buddy ion the NICU who was moved to the ER because he kept bringing up patient safety concerns to management and because they did not want to deal with it they moved him to another dept. Guess what a newborn baby died and could have been saved if those concerns were addressed. So in my experiences with unions in my career field to me the union has never really helped any one except for the lazy.

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are a liar. That never happened and you know it.
Are you union? I was touring a Xerox plant many years ago. Horn went off and within 15 seconds all copiers (yes it was a while ago) that were running were shut down. Not paused, turned off. We asked why. Union… if they don’t shut them off within 1 min they are in trouble with the union. They take their break and then they come back and clear all the paper jams caused by the shutdown and then restart the job! I was shocked by the waste and loss of productivity. It happens. Not everyone with an example of union downfalls is a liar.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess I don’t understand what the issue is. If the company wasn’t using non compliant scaffold, there would be nothing to tell osha about, no?
Only thing I understand is that the union guy was trespassing and not safety trained by the company performing the work.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He may not believe you, but I certainly do, and have plenty of stories I could add.
He obviously has never worked for the federal government. Crap like that happens every day.
Sponsored