Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I don’t understand what the issue is. If the company wasn’t using non compliant scaffold, there would be nothing to tell osha about, no?
They would not tell him why it wasn't compliant and instead of just telling them to remove it from the job site, they had to buy all new before they would let them continue. We're talking about a small company (less than 10 full time employees) that's been doing this type of work for decades. The local was just pissed they lost a nearby job and decided to make an example out of a non-union shop.
Sponsored

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It happens. Not everyone with an example of union downfalls is a liar.
Certainly not. I believe some other examples in this thread wholeheartedly and I’m the last guy to tell you unions can do no wrong. However, the bucket of paint guy is a liar.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They would not tell him why it wasn't compliant and instead of just telling them to remove it from the job site, they had to buy all new before they would let them continue. We're talking about a small company (less than 10 full time employees) that's been doing this type of work for decades. The local was just pissed they lost a nearby job and decided to make an example out of a non-union shop.
Ok, but who’s fault is that. I’ll say it again. If the non union guys scaffold was compliant there would have been no issue. I get that you don’t like the union guys behavior, but if the company had the right equipment there would have been nothing he could do. It’s their fault. Being a small company or non union doesn’t give you the right to violate safety rules and regulations. Sounds like the union guy had it right this particular time. 🤷‍♂️

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, but who’s fault is that. I’ll say it again. If the non union guys scaffold was compliant there would have been no issue. I get that you don’t like the union guys behavior, but if the company had the right equipment there would have been nothing he could do. It’s their fault.
🤷‍♂️ The OSHA rep could've had them remove the "non-compliant" stuff from the jobsite and cleared them to continue work, he didn't. He made them use other scaffold (purchased or rented) before work could proceed. Everyone knew what this was and why it happened. Beside the obvious conflict of interests between the union and OSHA rep, it just highlighted how childish adult professionals can act.

Sponsored

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OSHA rep could've had them remove the "non-compliant" stuff from the jobsite and cleared them to continue work, he didn't. He made them use other scaffold (purchased or rented) before work could proceed. Everyone knew what this was and why it happened. Beside the obvious conflict of interests between the union and OSHA rep, it just highlighted how childish adult professionals can act.
Your issue is with OSHA. With all due respect I don’t think you understand how any of this works.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only correct answer I’ve seen so far.

No one seems to mention the greed of the automakers, only comments on the workers.
It works both ways or it doesn't work both ways.

Sponsored

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

…and people wonder why manufacturing is leaving the US. Your next Bronco may have a Made in Mexico sticker on it.
Some of the best things in life come from Mexico. Just saying. Lol naw. But let keep them bad boys here. Michigan made

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My very true Union story- went to Winter NAMM in Anaheim a few years ago to help my buddy set up his booth and help with the show. Got a few things set up then I grabbed a ladder to hang his company logo/sign and plug it in to the provided outlet. He literally yells “NO!! STOP!!!” I’m like what the hell man! We need to get this done so we can move to the next phase of set up. He apologized and told me that it would cause a huge disastrous fuss because only union workers are allowed to plug the sign in. Seriously? Yes. So when are they coming- the show starts tomorrow? Maybe an hour, maybe two- they’re on the second break right now.

It was 3 hours later and took less than 5 minutes.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My very true Union story- went to Winter NAMM in Anaheim a few years ago to help my buddy set up his booth and help with the show. Got a few things set up then I grabbed a ladder to hang his company logo/sign and plug it in to the provided outlet. He literally yells “NO!! STOP!!!” I’m like what the hell man! We need to get this done so we can move to the next phase of set up. He apologized and told me that it would cause a huge disastrous fuss because only union workers are allowed to plug the sign in. Seriously? Yes. So when are they coming- the show starts tomorrow? Maybe an hour, maybe two- they’re on the second break right now.

It was 3 hours later and took less than 5 minutes.
We got another liar over here, why are there so many of them in this thread?

/sarcasm
Sponsored