MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know, that is a great and simple idea....should have already tried that but will today. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
MinxShoals

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, I am bone stock. But I will try your battery disconnect suggestion and take a look around for anything obvious.

KenRobertson

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine does it too. Looked it up and its a feature.
1635977598861.png
The autolamps default is driving me nuts and I hate it. Has anyone figured out a work around? If I turn the dial to off, it should stay off. I don't want my headlights to automatically turn on when I start the vehicle.

Let me give a couple of examples why this is causing me frustrations - 1) when my vehicle is in the garage and I start it, I get blinded by bright reflections off of the back wall, so I have to reach down and switch them off or change to parking lamps. 2) When my vehicle is not in the garage, but it is facing my house, the headlights shine in the front windows. When I start the vehicle, I need to reach down and switch off the lights so that I am not blinding people in the house or waking them up (depending on the time of day).

Long story short, let me control my headlights, they should not automatically turn on or change from my settings. @Ford Motor Company , please give us an option in the settings to fix this issue.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though I always use auto mode, I tried this last night and mine acts the same way. I don’t know why it does this, it is a strange mode of operation.

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have any of you that are experiencing this noticed that when this happens, the clock is set to the wrong time?

To me it seems as if there is some sort of system reboot that is occurring. My guess is something is crashing and rebooting. I am not sure if the reboot causes the headlights to turn on, or if the headlights are malfunctioning causing a reboot.
my clock has never been correct. I stopped resetting it after the 3rd it happens. It just displays some random time which is annoying but I always wear a watch and Apple car play displays the correct time as well so I’ve brushed it under the rug.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to get a new battery a few weeks after delivery. Are these Dirt Mountain Broncos? That's where batteries are sent to die (installed in your new Bronco)

ChadB

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am experiencing a strange behavior with my headlights.

When I set the dial to off, turn off the ignition, exit the vehicle and lock it, upon returning, the dial is set to auto. Video attached.

I have found my headlights on a few times when parked. In those cases, the dial was definitely set by me to the off position, but I found it changed to the on position.

In addition, sometimes when turning on the vehicle and driving, I have noticed there is no indicator illuminating at all, with nothing lit. Turning the dial "wakes it up".

Has anyone experienced these things? Possible bad switch or programming bug/failure?
View attachment 200117

ChadB

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my base Bronco last week. Same thing. Got my lights set to auto though. Park it in the garage look out a few hours later and damn my bronco has turned on the headlights by itself !! Open the door and then notice my bronco has on its own changed the lights from Auto to On! Just left message for dealer to call me Monday to drop it off so they can fix whatever is wrong .. lol

Sponsored

1JulieMac

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Chevy Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's because people are to dumb to turn on their own lights. This will be in 100% of cars soon. I'm not sure how many times I see some moron driving around with their lights off in a rain storm.
I appreciate the auto lights because I tend to forget to turn them off.

I have noticed them turning to the headlamps on position and I get warning bells when I get out. Figured I was bumping it somehow.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my base Bronco last week. Same thing. Got my lights set to auto though. Park it in the garage look out a few hours later and damn my bronco has turned on the headlights by itself !! Open the door and then notice my bronco has on its own changed the lights from Auto to On! Just left message for dealer to call me Monday to drop it off so they can fix whatever is wrong .. lol
I was having this problem for the first month or so. The problem seems to have corrected itself tho because it hasn't happened in awhile. My theory is that the computer might be downloading updates during the first few weeks and causing a glitch. Purely speculative on my part, but just wanted to let you know the problem worked itself out in my case.
Sponsored