First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
HI all, I have had my '22 OBX since April (9k miles)and recently have noticed that when attempting to accelerate through turns that it feels extremely sluggish. I don't have any rubbing or sounds associated with the situation, nor is it leaking any fluids, but something doesn't feel right. I have zero mods on the vehicle, it is 100% stock, and all of my driving is city travel with no off road. Figured I would inquire with you guys prior to taking it to my dealer. TIA
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess it probably goes without saying, but you also should not have the locking differential (front or rear) engaged for on the road driving. I checked and they can be engaged in several G.O.A.T. modes (Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery & Baha), but only to 25MPH in all but Baja mode.

Like the previous entry suggests, it really sounds like you're in one of the 4WD modes. (That's how it will act on hard surfaces in 4WD).

If you're in 2H with no Diff locks, then there's probably something wrong and it should be checked (i.e. it MAY be in 4WD or have a Diff Locked and not show it).

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChadRockPSU

ChadRockPSU

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess it probably goes without saying, but you also should not have the locking differential (front or rear) engaged for on the road driving. I checked and they can be engaged in several G.O.A.T. modes (Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery & Baha), but only to 25MPH in all but Baja mode.

Like the previous entry suggests, it really sounds like you're in one of the 4WD modes. (That's how it will act on hard surfaces in 4WD).

If you're in 2H with no Diff locks, then there's probably something wrong and it should be checked (i.e. it MAY be in 4WD or have a Diff Locked and not show it).
Thanks for your take on this.

To the best of my knowledge I am absolutely not in 4WD, nor am I in any GOAT mode other than "Normal". As far as locking Diffs go, unless it is engaging them on its own, I have not done so. I guess she needs to go to the shop. Unfortunately I see this as a situation where my dealer calls me back with the response of "The technician was not able to duplicate what you are experiencing!".

OP
OP
ChadRockPSU

ChadRockPSU

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have lockers on that is the problem
I have an OBX with Mid Package and do not have the manual locking diff capability, so if they are locking while in 2H then there is something going on with the computer. Is there a sure fire way of knowing if they are in fact locking. I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an OBX with Mid Package and do not have the manual locking diff capability, so if they are locking while in 2H then there is something going on with the computer. Is there a sure fire way of knowing if they are in fact locking. I apologize if this is a dumb question.
Jack up the rear, rotate a tire, if both tires move its locked, if one moves its an open diff. If neither move the parking break is on.

OP
OP
ChadRockPSU

ChadRockPSU

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do any of your brake rotors look discolored from heat? Sounds like possibly your brakes are dragging.
I don't see any discoloration or detectable grooves in my rotors. However; It is interesting that the brakes may be the culprit here. Three months ago the dealership replaced all four calipers and pads due to a system leak.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This popped up when I searched for my recent gremlin. I noticed the same issue when pulling into my garage. I’d made many turns on my 15 minute drive before then with no issue. I wound up reversing and turning the bronco off and on again to get in. The next day I left and found the same issue but worse. I pulled over quickly after trying to make a third left turn and knowing something was very wrong. A GOAT mode had activated and I was in 4H. I did not do that. @Ford any thoughts about this Ghost in the machine? (Goats in the machine?)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This popped up when I searched for my recent gremlin. I noticed the same issue when pulling into my garage. I’d made many turns on my 15 minute drive before then with no issue. I wound up reversing and turning the bronco off and on again to get in. The next day I left and found the same issue but worse. I pulled over quickly after trying to make a third left turn and knowing something was very wrong. A GOAT mode had activated and I was in 4H. I did not do that. @Ford any thoughts about this Ghost in the machine? (Goats in the machine?)
Hi Peter. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Sponsored