Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This would be big for everyone. Taking the doors off with the door bags is said to be much better due to the padding from the bags protecting the door from drops during removal as well as providing a better handle for carrying the door the moment you lift it off the Bronco. I’d door bags from you in a heartbeat if they were available before I finally break down and buy the expensive ones from Ford.
Review is finished, I'll make this, but I wonder if all configurations don't come standard with door pockets
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett can you make the bronco door bags? They are so expensive to buy from ford.
Review is finished, I'll make this, but I wonder if all configurations don't come standard with door pockets

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have received this suggestion and I am still reviewing
That was my suggestion. I’m glad you’re considering. It seems like the Jeep version is a soft top replacement. Which would work - but, not what I had in mind. They make a fastback version too which allows for more cargo usage. My main reason for wanting one of these is so that I can use it in conjunction with SMS Exposed Racks. So, that compatibility is crucial.

Originally I was dreaming up a fastback canvas cover for the entire cargo - to pair with a bimini (each can be used separately). Something that gets installed and sits under the soft top - but stays in place when in position #2. This way if one was using SMS Exposed Racks - their cargo is covered from the elements. Sure a tonneau would provide similar - but nearly the same idea.

Does that make any sort of sense? Let’s call it a cargo bimini? Haha.

Jmiller94

Base
First Name
Jaycee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Base
I
Ford Bronco Mabett is selling and developing hundreds of products 17158ADF-0A32-4F53-8382-CE60018895B5

This is what I was talking about. The bags that you put the doors in to store in your garage. Can you make these? They are so expensive on the Ford Website.

Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a 2 door version and a 4 door version. All Bronco doors fit inside their correct sized bags regardless of trim level (Door size and shape is the same from Base through Wildtrak).

It would be a good idea to make sure whatever bag you design fits with your door mesh pocket replacement holder you put out. There are a few items like that on the market to replace those mesh pockets, and a frequently asked question is “will the doors still fit in the door bag?” If you design your bag to fit over your door accessory, you could advertise that the door bag fits even with the added door pocket accessory. The Ford bags do fit over those accessories already so if you simply took the same measurements it would probably work, but it’s worth double checking and maybe illustrating in product photos!

I look forward to seeing your product!

Last edited:

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Door bags needed, but not the garage ones - I need the vehicle ones with the harness.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mabett Door bags for the 2 Door would be a top priority buy from me. I've already purchased products of yours and have left positive reviews.

With the four door, people might want:

- Made of canvas with felt pads inside.
- Sturdy wraparound handle.
- Metal hooks or flat bevel hooks for securing anchor points.

A 2 Door version may not need the metal hooks.

Last edited:

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it would be possible to add a sunglass compartment to the front of the Bronco's overhead console, that operates like the one in the pictures below?

Ford Bronco Mabett is selling and developing hundreds of products 1647024657742

Ford Bronco Mabett is selling and developing hundreds of products 1647024708193

Sponsored

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes love the matte black gas cap cover. Also the carbon fiber and matte black door handle and cups.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if it would be possible to add a sunglass compartment to the front of the Bronco's overhead console, that operates like the one in the pictures below?

1647024657742.png

1647024708193.png
@Mabett yes, but also one for us guys that have the Upfitter switches. You could make something that attaches to the side or front of the switch holder ( there is about a 2" vertical flat spot ) that should be big enough for a sun glass holder. Just for theft reasons, maybe a two part.... the clip stays there, and you can take the sunglass case off or on when needed, so no one can steal the sunglasses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I
Ford Bronco Mabett is selling and developing hundreds of products 1647024708193

This is what I was talking about. The bags that you put the doors in to store in your garage. Can you make these? They are so expensive on the Ford Website.
I will do it

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a 2 door version and a 4 door version. All Bronco doors fit inside their correct sized bags regardless of trim level (Door size and shape is the same from Base through Wildtrak).

It would be a good idea to make sure whatever bag you design fits with your door mesh pocket replacement holder you put out. There are a few items like that on the market to replace those mesh pockets, and a frequently asked question is “will the doors still fit in the door bag?” If you design your bag to fit over your door accessory, you could advertise that the door bag fits even with the added door pocket accessory. The Ford bags do fit over those accessories already so if you simply took the same measurements it would probably work, but it’s worth double checking and maybe illustrating in product photos!

I look forward to seeing your product!
I will make sure that the door bag I design has all the functions of a ford door bag, don't worry about this

Also what I want to ask is "does Ford give away these door pockets for which one trim level?"

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was my suggestion. I’m glad you’re considering. It seems like the Jeep version is a soft top replacement. Which would work - but, not what I had in mind. They make a fastback version too which allows for more cargo usage. My main reason for wanting one of these is so that I can use it in conjunction with SMS Exposed Racks. So, that compatibility is crucial.

Originally I was dreaming up a fastback canvas cover for the entire cargo - to pair with a bimini (each can be used separately). Something that gets installed and sits under the soft top - but stays in place when in position #2. This way if one was using SMS Exposed Racks - their cargo is covered from the elements. Sure a tonneau would provide similar - but nearly the same idea.

Does that make any sort of sense? Let’s call it a cargo bimini? Haha.
These suggestions are also useful, I will document them, I need to consider compatibility when designing
Sponsored