Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Everyone,

I'd enjoy some recommendations on an inexpensive Cat or Axle Back Dual Exhaust muffler for my 2.3L 4 Door. I'd like something with a bit more sound (understanding it's a four cylinder) that also doesn't make me "that guy" in the neighborhood. One of the systems I'm looking at is the MBRP Armor Lite:

https://www.mbrp.com/collections/s5241al-mbrp-cat-back-exhaust-for-2022-ford-bronco-outer-banks-2-3l

I'm a little concerned about it's longevity as it only has a 3 year warranty and is only "aluminized steel." Anything similar some experts can recommend?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr 2023 Black Diamond 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay away from Flowmaster.

It isn't easy to make an L4 or V6 sound good with any exhaust if you are accustomed to the V8 melody.

OP
OP
BWepps

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It isn't easy to make an L4 or V6 sound good with any exhaust if you are accustomed to the V8 melody.
Yeah

I found that out the hard way.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s wrong with the flow master? Besides the one offering that eliminates the muffler all together.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BWepps

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s wrong with the flow master? Besides the one offering that eliminates the muffler all together.
The Flowmaster (FlowFX) sounded just like a straight pipe as well. Didn't care for it.

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The Ford Performance by Borla dual tips sounds great and doesn’t drone on the 2.3. I need to make a video soon.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Borla dual tip for the 2.7. Really like it, I've never had an aftermarket exhaust on anything. Goal was to hide all the strange ticks and noises I heard from the engine, now you hear exhaust and not go cart engine. Not exactly inexpensive though.

Last edited:

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Out of curiosity, why do you say stay away from flowmaster?

OP
OP
BWepps

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went the Flowmaster Axle-back outlaw.
I think it sounds great.

Hope to get some moving sound clips soon.
Nice sound clips! The Flowmaster FlowFX was making the rear seats/back row area rattle. Just too much noise and some drone for me personally.

I had some great dialogue yesterday with Frank from @Stage 3 Motorsports and he also did some research for me based on a few questions. Placed an order last night for an aFe Vulcan Stainless Axle-Back w/ dual tips: https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-3...ss-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system-w-black-tip

Can't recommend Frank and @Stage 3 Motorsports enough. Prompt, personal, and also offer a Forum discount! Great folks and service.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
AWE sounds great being that it's a mid muffler system and not just an axleback. Even with just the bash guard setup I think it's one of if not the best sounding exhausts for the bronco.

NOTE: We installed their parts on our 2.7L however the exhaust tone should be pretty similar on the 2.3L as they use the same muffler, piping and tips on the 2.3L as they do on the 2.7L.

OP
OP
BWepps

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AWE sounds great being that it's a mid muffler system and not just an axle-back. Even with just the bash guard setup I think it's one of if not the best sounding exhausts for the bronco.

NOTE: We installed their parts on our 2.7L however the exhaust tone should be pretty similar on the 2.3L as they use the same muffler, piping and tips on the 2.3L as they do on the 2.7L.
Thank you for this info. I've looked long & hard at AWE, but it's a bit more than I'd like to spend. Ended up going with the aFe Vulcan axle-back for less than half the cost of the AWE Cat-Back.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@ROKBRNC

False.

The flat 6 in my 911 with headers, 200 cell cats, and hi flow mufflers singing at 7K is hard to beat.

The best ‘sound’ for any vehicle is stock…unless it’s an open exhaust V8. All others should be silenced.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Everyone,

I'd enjoy some recommendations on an inexpensive Cat or Axle Back Dual Exhaust muffler for my 2.3L 4 Door. I'd like something with a bit more sound (understanding it's a four cylinder) that also doesn't make me "that guy" in the neighborhood. One of the systems I'm looking at is the MBRP Armor Lite:

https://www.mbrp.com/collections/s5241al-mbrp-cat-back-exhaust-for-2022-ford-bronco-outer-banks-2-3l

I'm a little concerned about it's longevity as it only has a 3 year warranty and is only "aluminized steel." Anything similar some experts can recommend?

Thanks!!
You need to remember that the 2.3 is a massively oversquare, turbocharged, inline 4-cylinder car.

This motor configuration will not have a pleasing note. You're essentially trying to make something that sounds terrible so it's silenced..... Louder.

Put the money into the sound system and then you can blast some killer tunes!

Sponsored